What's new

China declares Pakistan has a future Economic power

In economic terms that's a blink of an eye.

They're most likely outdated. GoP's figures put it at 188 billion. I think that might be a little high. I put it at 180 billion.

Look, these are small details. Stop wasting time on small details such as whether its 170 billion or 180 billion and look at the big picture.

I think its right option

So how can you justify title of thread ?????

I don't get what you're saying. Please elaborate a little more.

Well in first post news article is about trade b/w China and Pakistan that cant say any thing about title of this thread (I mean in what terms China predicted Pakistan as future Economy power?)

Well in first post news article is about trade b/w China and Pakistan that cant say any thing about title of this thread (I mean in what terms China predicted Pakistan as future Economy power?)

The article discusses both things. Trade between China and Pakistan and the thread title. In fact, the very first sentence is about the thread title.

I will give you the caveat that the economists in Pakistan are not exactly the best out there. Now what I want link to is predictions on where Pakistan's economy is headed in the next 5-10 years. Only on that. No other topic.

Pakistan economy, if everything goes well will achieve 6% growth rate by 2015 and it GDP will be around $246 Billion.
Indicators for PAKISTAN

However if it is unable to bring in economic reforms, and come september IMF refuses to give it $3 Billion, it will have hard time funding its 7% budget deficit and either might face hyperinflation or might commit sovereign default, to protect its people.

BBC News - Pakistan's very unhappy new year

Pak Economy heading towards hyperinflation

Economic performance dampens foreign inflows | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Obviously my observation is based on reactions I see on this forum and pakistani local media outlets.

Well then obviously you shouldn't be using the word "most" in that context. There's no point to using the words "most Pakistanis" if your "observation" doesn't cover "most Pakistanis". No good sense in that is there?

China declares Pakistan has a future Economic power

What a funny title? :lol:

Dont you people believe in yourselves unless china "declares" it?

BTW the Ambassador spoke just one line .
Pakistan is a gifted nation that fulfils all the prerequisites to become an economic power

Why this hooo-halla??

well Pakistan has always been a potential economic power

the question is... where to begin from?

Was not India at same league in 1990's. Just a bunch of reforms could save Pakistan and at least bring them into top 25 economies if not Future Economic Power.

Best of Luck to Pakistan. But I really don't understand why there is huge trade deficit with China, will not it impact foreign reserves.

Was not India at same league in 1990's. Just a bunch of reforms could save Pakistan and at least bring them into top 25 economies if not Future Economic Power.

Best of Luck to Pakistan. But I really don't understand why there is huge trade deficit with China, will not it impact foreign reserves.
we are already at 27 in GDP PPP :P

and looking at the growth rate of European countries... I won't be surprised if we are among Top 20 in GDP nominal as well... in next 10-15 years

Problem is huge population - otherwise money is there

well Pakistan has always been a potential economic power

the question is... where to begin from?

I'll tell you. get rid of FTA with china. start demanding fair trade deals with them. stop allowing cheap chinese goods to wipe out your industry and demand you get to export more items to China. they can export over 1000 items to pakistan and pakistan is allowed to only export 50 or slightly more to them.

start a bigger trade commit with India directly and avoid buying through the middleast

get you country to be controlled by civilain govt in all aspects

half your religious fundalism will be gone if your economy improves..

I'll tell you. get rid of FTA with china. start demanding fair trade deals with them. stop allowing cheap chinese goods to wipe out your industry and demand you get to export more items to China. they can export over 1000 items to pakistan and pakistan is allowed to only export 50 or slightly more to them.

start a bigger trade commit with India directly and avoid buying through the middleast

Lectures by Indians come around.

A country's economic and trade not only in just two countries, but the overall trade structure. In the bottom line, if the price is right, why Pakistan does not import Chinese goods? It is certainly better as to import other countries goods with a high price, Although this will have a trade deficit, but you can not just look at the two country's trade, it is beneficial for Pakistan overall economic and trade. Moreover, Pakistan free trade agreement also means that more exports form China .This is a good thing, not to mention both the technical and production cooperation. If you can consider the deeper, China is moving part of the excess production line , a free trade policy to have increased more attractive in Pakistan. Strictly speaking, if you can get a better price in the import, it is a good thing, not a bad thing, the key is that you must also increase exports, which is the key. but Pakistan's trade structure is very coincidence and Southeast Asian countries, taking into account transport costs and other costs , there is not enough competition. on the trade between China and Pakistan, I have three proposals, one, to increase Pakistan's exports goods (in particular, special products) competitive, because I do not know enough about it, so can only take a simple word. Second, to attract investment in China and other countries, the establishment of industrial zones, a regional production base. Third, China needs to consider a government to government procurement in trade, taking into account the competitiveness of Pakistan, there is a difficulty in the short term. If China have the ability, I hope to have a special trade preferences, such as government procurement. This is probably the most practical way to increase the exports of Pakistan, if China has the ability to do it,I suggest that there is a government procurement policy for Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom