What's new

China debris threatens Indian satellites

He was talking about remote sensing sattelites

I feel so sorry that some Indian member still jumped in to justify the unjustifiable.

Well, it all started with a post by tallboy
india has the largest constellation of satellites..
don't be a fool..

I just checked, two more Indian members thanked this post.

All I have been contending is tallyboy was claiming that India has more statellites than any country in this post. And I was not the only one who interpreted this post in this way, misterme2 and Bigoren share the same thought with me, it is proved by their reply to tallboy's post.

Are you sure you are not the fool?
Really India has the largest constellation of Satellites..???

Of course, there are Indians disagreeing with us and they tried to defend tallboy's post by suggesting he was refering to the remote sensing satellites. Some of Indian members even tried to teach me this common sense that when an Indian says "india has the largest constellation of satellites', he means "india has the largest constellation of remote sensing satellites". Well, what kind of common sense is that? No doubt I wouldn't buy it.

I want to ask those who were defending tallboy a question. Do you really believe tallboy was refering to remote sensing satellites when he said those words? I hope Indian members who have suggested that tallboy was meaning India has the most remote sensing satellites to answer this question because I want to find out if my English ability is so poor that I am not even able to understand such a simple post in such a simple context.

Back in high school, there were a lot of English examinations, an important part of the examinations was comprehension test. In this part, some paragraphs were given and students were asked to answer questions after reading the paragraphs. I am gonna convert what was happenning to a comprehension test, in oder to further explain why I believe I have interpreted tallboy rightly.

Here is a short converstaion between BigTree and Tallboy.

BigTree: Well, US did it, China did it, and India is allowed to do it, too.

Why is there so much whining and ranting from a country who doesn't own so many satellites in the space? Indians are making much more noise than Americans and Russians. I guess that is what you are good at.

Tallboy: india has the largest constellation of satellites..
don't be a fool..

Please answer the following question after finishing the paragraph.

Question 1: What does tallboy mean when he says "india has the largest constellation of satellites" ( )
A. He means India has more satellites than Russia and US.
B. He means India has more remote sensing satellites than Russia and US.

People, please share your answers with me.

I am sorry that I am making a big fuss over it, I am gonna explain why I am doing this in the next post.

Just curious about the debris... do they have some mechanism in it that target only the Indian satellites and leave other satellites alone?

Just curious about the debris... do they have some mechanism in it that target only the Indian satellites and leave other satellites alone?

Even the US admits that it and Russia are responsible for 90% of the debris out there. The ASAT test created more but it's on the scale 0.xx %. I got this from a New American foundation lecture on the ASAT test.

I know no one here has the patience for a hour long lecture but I'll post it anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the debris are in the LEO, and a major chunk of indian satellites uses LEO orbit. India's remote-sensing satellites are placed in low-earth orbit above 175 km (600 km to 900 km polar orbit). This has the highest density of debris cloud that was created after the test.

yeah the debris are in the LEO, and a major chunk of indian satellites uses LEO orbit. India's remote-sensing satellites are placed in low-earth orbit above 175 km (600 km to 900 km polar orbit). This has the highest density of debris cloud that was created after the test.

Source please.

Even in LEO, I believe America has more satellites than India does.

It was not a failure. All the tests were successful but was abandoned when we signed the Anti-ABM treaty along with US.

China never signed anti-abm treaty. Pls let me know the system for your abm that you developed in 70/80s..i mean the missile and radars.

Source please.

Chinese ASAT Test Raises Debris Threat to EO Sats
As of March 9, the total space debris created by China's Jan. 11 test of an anti-satellite (ASAT) weapon had leapt to 1,500 pieces(1) and counting—and those are just the larger bits that can be seen. According to Nicholas Johnson, chief scientist for NASA's Orbital Debris Program Office at Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas, the Chinese test “represents the most prolific and serious fragmentation in the course of 50 years of space operations.”(2)
Unfortunately for operators of Earth observation (EO) satellites, China's destruction of the aging Fengyun-1C (FY-1C) weather satellite happened right smack in the middle of their neighborhood at an altitude of 860 kilometers in the highly popular sun-synchronous, polar orbit. Not only does the new debris represent an increased near- and mid-term threat to today's satellites, the specter of further tests—or wartime use—of destructive, direct-ascent ASATs poses an even greater threat to the existence of all EO operations. Even more unfortunately, there are no easy options for eluding those threats.

Code Red for LEO?
The Chinese space debris now being tracked by the U.S. Space Surveillance Network has migrated from the FY-1C impact point to become a cloud stretching from 3,850 kilometers high down to about 200 kilometers, in essence polluting all of low Earth orbit (LEO). Again, this is only what can be seen: debris chunks larger than 10 centimeters in diameter, about the size of a baseball. NASA is estimating that at least 35,000 smaller pieces of FY-1C (between one and 10 centimeters in diameter) are also floating in the same general vicinity. Such debris may be small, but it can be deadly. Traveling at 10 times the speed of a rifle bullet, even flecks of paint can be hazardous to a satellite's health. According to Johnson, any of the Chinese debris bits “has the potential for seriously disrupting or terminating the mission of operational spacecraft in low Earth orbit.”(3)

Owned and/or operated by 33 countries plus the European Space Agency, 130 known Earth imaging satellites (commercial, civil and military) are active today. Of that total, at least 102 will routinely pass through the new debris cloud.(4)

Source:Code Red? Chinese ASAT Test Raises Debris Threat to EO Sats | Center for Earth Observing and Space Research

The main reason why I am not letting this episode go is because I am annoyed, stunned, and frustrated by some Indians' lack of ethics in a debate, which I call debate ethnics.

Justifying the unjustifiable, arguing the unarguable, what kind of debate is that? This is the worst thing that has happened to me ever since I got in this forum. I am really pissed off.

The true meaning of tallboy's post is so simple and plain, even a 6-year kid is able to figure out what he was saying. But people still have the nerve to tell me otherwise. What's wrong with you, people?

I can say even tallboy doesn't dare to claim that he means "India has the most remote sensing satellites" when he was posting those words, do you, tallboy?

Give credible source. .

Same missille used for the 865 KM ASAT test last time. The SC 19.

Undetailed reports

NTI: Global Security Newswire - China Said to Close Gap With U.S. Missile Defense in Monday Test
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jan/12/beijing-reports-successful-missile-test/

more detailed leak

DEMARCHE FOLLOWING CHINA'S JANUARY 2010 INTERCEPT FLIGHT-TEST - Telegraph

despite this test being more advanced then the 2007 one it is far more secretive, and the fact that there was no debris for people to whine about.

The main reason why I am not letting this episode go is because I am annoyed, stunned, and frustrated by some Indians' lack of ethics in a debate, which I call debate ethnics.

Justifying the unjustifiable, arguing the unarguable, what kind of debate is that? This is the worst thing that has happened to me ever since I got in this forum. I am really pissed off.

The true meaning of tallboy's post is so simple and plain, even a 6-year kid is able to figure out what he was saying. But people still have the nerve to tell me otherwise. What's wrong with you, people?

I can say even tallboy doesn't dare to claim that he means "India has the most remote sensing satellites" when he was posting those words, do you, tallboy?

you are stunned because you are still an amature and got no common sense ,what he meant to say !! Now stop whining about if someone really smacked you hard mate... If you don't like to post then wrap up ya Usual B.S and post some in other thread but not here.. :drag:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom