What's new

China backs Pakistan govt after Osama bin Laden's death

Whoever rules the oceans, rules all under heaven. Every other nation are simply the subjects of the nation that rules the oceans.

China has to reclaim the ocean. Make the ocean China's new home.

You're right.

It will take a long time though.

Until then, our Carrier killer missile should be enough to keep others out of our territorial waters.

China is smart enough to back off when it can be potentially damaged for its choices.

What matters is what China will do if Pakistan is cornered (which is the case) but to watch Pakistan get more and more isolated and blamed for the current state of affairs.

China is smart enough to back off when it can be potentially damaged for its choices.

What matters is what China will do if Pakistan is cornered (which is the case) but to watch Pakistan get more and more isolated and blamed for the current state of affairs.

A smart way to make China do what it doesn't want to do, that is backing away from supporting Pakistan. Indians are definitely as sly as the israelis. However, cheap compliments won't convince the Chinese, they know the indians only too well.

"Be gracious to all men, but choose the best to be your friend" and Pakistan has chosen wisely. :china:

America is only stronger than China because China hasn't yet built an oceanic global empire. The biggest "land" in the world is the ocean. Whoever rules the oceans, rules all under heaven. Every other nation are simply the subjects of the nation that rules the oceans -- yes, even if you are a big continental power with lots of population, industry and resources.

China has to reclaim the ocean. Make the ocean China's new home.

The first step to this process is to think beyond existing paradigms. Not everybody is capable of this, despite Chinese generally higher IQ. That's why I have to educate other Chinese forum members about these plainly obvious facts (duh! sea power! international relations!).

This can be achieved differently than what America is doing now. When they field 10+ carriers, it doesn't mean we have to do the same. It is not about matching numbers with numbers.
Instead, we come up with a different and more efficient game plan to counter such threats. It takes more to protect a single carrier, it takes more to maintain a single carrier and it would cost more to lose a single carrier than say a single submarine. Carriers are meant for projecting force, but the effectiveness deminishes against great powerful countries such as China, India or Russia who has ways to fend off such threats.

Instead we should be looking at ways to protect our merchant vessels, secure trade routes and secure business deals. Those are more beneficial for China in the long run. It is also the main purpose of using the oceans.
The ocean should not be used for projecting force to bully smaller nations into unfair business deals or for disrupting the growth of ones economy.
Our military is a defensive force, not for attacking. We won't attack unless we are attacked, that is how it works.

They can blame, but what can they do besides a few war of words? Would they invade Pakistan and risk a 3rd world war? China will not be standing by idly and when China is involved, Russia will also get involved, maybe then you will see North Koreans getting involved too and India will then be forced to take actions of some sort? India will have the hardest choice of all (talking about being cornered with decisions). Will they join the west or will they go with their long time friend Russia? It is rediculous to see what some of the Indians are doing since OBL's 'alleged' death a few days ago.

Would bringing war into Asia benefit India? Some people really need to get their heads out of their backside before talking and inflaming others. It is often people who doesn't think that makes things so much more easier for the west. They will continue to steer and ride on you as you roll out the red carpet and welcome them into your backyard.

Due to the complexity of the situation, it will merely be an exchange of words and it will all die down in time.
Obama only wants to show the world how tough he is and to demonstrate that he can get things done. It is not about Pakistan, but it is about polishing his image before the election. Going into another war and to have a potential war with China isn't going to get him elected. Why would Americans vote for someone who wants to damage their economy and power projection capability? :azn:

This is not a statement of unqualified support. It's hard to tell what it is. I'd say it is a statement of qualified support, a warning to Pakistan not to deviate from its stated policy or else - except for those last words, "based on national conditions." That's murky because it is subjective, and that's surely intentional.

Interesting. I read the phrase "based on national conditions" as "based on its national conditions" not, as you seem to have, "based on our national conditions". In other words, China is letting Pakistan decide its policies based on Pakistan's perception of its national priorities, and China will stand behind 'firmly' unconditionally.

200 billion of what? Tainted Milk or bean sprouts. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

And of course the truck with the blown US helicopter over Karakoram must be keenly awaited. Get off this forum and get the photocopiers out pronto lady.

200 billions dollars of goods your country coundnt make in its dreams, also i would be proud to photocopy this helicopter, its good enough for the sole super power of the world its good enough for me unlike some others who cant make things correctly from kits let alone reverse engineer

i disagree about teh oceans. space is the ultimate high ground and the ultimate resource center. the country that dominates space is the country that dominates the future. satellites, orbital nukes, orbital lasers, orbital power stations, asteroid mining... things that seem far away, could be as near as 30 years!

We will give Pakistan our baddest m*f* the DF-31A!!!

i disagree about teh oceans. space is the ultimate high ground and the ultimate resource center. the country that dominates space is the country that dominates the future. satellites, orbital nukes, orbital lasers, orbital power stations, asteroid mining... things that seem far away, could be as near as 30 years!
Well the country that dominates the oceans will be the one to dominate space. The point is China has no choice but to go down USA's road as superpower -- dominate the ocean. Because if you don't control the ocean, then somebody else will (like India LOL), and then you are at their mercy.

It's better to have others at your mercy than to be at the mercy of others.

You forget where do you think rockets fall into first , the ocean

We will give Pakistan our baddest m*f* the DF-31A!!!

No country would invest in a failing venture.Everybody bails out of a sinking ship.
Pakistan has started to show omnious signs of being a sinking ship.
I say it with the least amount of patriotic fervor.I know relations are good between China and Pakistan,but then all relations are based on common mutual interests...and when your ally starts harboring the most wanted man in your country...you would have no option but to back-off...especially if your ally is more of a less powerful client than an equal.
You'd support the next best thing...a country which has a good rising economy....has excellent relations...provides something you want(oil,etc)...and doing business with which is seen as harmless...any of your african allies can fit into that description...many african countries have growth rates higher than that of India-China...and that is where most of your resources are coming through...
I nkow on this forum...you'd support the Pakistanis just as maybe I'd support ruskies in a ruskie forum...but the fact of the matter is nobody wants to start their reign as supporters of a losing cause.

Back
Top Bottom