What's new

China, Argentina set for defence collaboration, Malvinas-class OPV deal

JF-17 wouldn't get within 100 miles of a Type-45. and UK has AEW helicopters.

Doesn't matter. The AEW helicopter doesn't contain the fire control radars that cue your SAMs.

So like I said, the aircraft are hidden by the curvature of the Earth.

I dont think Chinese would or let Pakistan sell JF17 to Argentina if they do then not in a large number at least because they will be pressured by UK and US first and then they will also be pressured by Brazil as well. What Argentina need is to Follow Iranian Example and develop their local Weapon Manufacturing if their economy supports. Parts can be Available to them by many sources but Assembled Weapon itself wont be available as long as they pose any strategic threat to Britain.

Doesn't matter. The AEW helicopter doesn't contain the fire control radars that cue your SAMs.

So like I said, the aircraft are hidden by the curvature of the Earth.

Argentina stands no chance. this isn't the 80's anymore. the tech the UK has is lightyears ahead of Argentina.
so let them buy Chinese toys and run their mouth more :D act and see what happens.

Argentina stands no chance. this isn't the 80's anymore. the tech the UK has is lightyears ahead of Argentina.
so let them buy Chinese toys and run their mouth more :D act and see what happens.

I know this might make your brain hurt, but let me ask you another question: What is the range of the Aster 30 compared to the C802?

I'll even provide you both wikipedia pages.

Aster (missile family) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

C-802 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a huge difference between what could be and what actually is. I am talking about the situation as it is on the ground.

Actually what you mentioned is the primary reason why Argentina is interested in getting JF-17. CM400 has pretty long range, the one or two corvette will certainly be disabled if not sunk.

Again, only 3 Eurofighters. If Argentina does decide to take Falklands, chances are those Eurofighters will probably get destroyed before they take off. And even if they do get airborne, What will they do with 15 missiles? They need to rearm and refuel eventually. Argentina is just next door.

Also the British Military today is very different from what it was 1982. It's barely a shadow of its former self.

If only war actually did that simple as you think.

Let me ask you this, Ok, even if tomorrow Argentina agree to buy 150 JF-17, how long do you think it will take for the PAC or JAIC to deliver them? 1 Day? 1 Month? 1 Year? and how long it will take for the airmen in Argentina to become qualified for JF-17? I mean for all 150 planes with replacement staff and ground crew??

It would take Years, 3 or even 5, to have that kind of squadron and that kind of pilot trained. And all in a while, what UK is gonna do about them? Do you expect they sit idle and just watch the argentine build up their arms?

Even if you can get 150 planes and pilot tomorrow and start a war, even if you can achieve this miracle, you can't launch all 150 plane on Falkland, each aircraft have to follow air traffic rules and you need to "Stack" them with various attitude before you can bring them into The AO, so it would make sure they won't crash on each other before even getting into the fight. You are talking about FL300 to FL100 with 2 plane on each 1000 ft decrement. At most you can put up 40 planes at once. And that would actually mean your ATC is doing a superb job.

Now that 40 planes not only need to brace the Lighting, but a combine SEA/AIR SAM net. Before they can swarm over to Falkland Island and kills the Lighting, now, imagine how many that would lose.

Then comes the ground war parts. in a good day, when you have air and sea superiority, you need 3 times as much soldier to overwhelm the defender. There are about 6000 defender compare to 40 in the first one. How many troop Argentina can land at once? Having no Assault support ship at all??

Lol, when you plan all your step according to your move, then of course you are gonna win, because you assume the other side don't fight back at all....

If only war actually did that simple.........Lol, when you plan all your step according to your move, then of course you are gonna win, because you assume the other side don't fight back at all....

The British aren't that hard to beat....heck they lost at the hands of a couple of tea drinking fellas at a place called Boston many...many years ago ! :tongue:

The Argentinians are more into Coffee and Coffee trumps Tea any time ! :bunny:

they held back in the first Falklands war. next time they'll hit the mainland
No they dont. Brits doesnt have this capacity on their own rather they could draw USA into this because this would be Diplomatic Disaster(Invasions not popular these days Thanks to USA/NATO) if they go Solo without US Backing. BTW Falkland Island is enough for them what do they UK want to prove by Invading Argentina?

you know what the sad fact is??

That's even Chinese toy are out of Argie price range......with 4 Billions defence budget in 2014/15, Columbia pays 3 times as much in defence, and they don't even have a tank........Maybe the argie should try their against the Columbian before going after the UK, which spend 53 billions annually....

No they dont. Brits doesnt have this capacity on their own rather they could draw USA into this because this would be Diplomatic Disaster(Invasions not popular these days Thanks to USA/NATO) if they go Solo without US Backing. BTW Falkland Island is enough for them what do they UK want to prove by Invading Argentina?

not talking a invasion. i'm talking about bombing Argentina naval bases and airfields, and infrastructure if need be.
need to drive it to home to the Argentines that El Falklands Son British.

The British aren't that hard to beat....heck they lost at the hands of a couple of tea drinking fellas at a place called Boston many...many years ago ! :tongue:

The Argentinians are more into Coffee and Coffee trumps Tea any time ! :bunny:

lol......nope

not talking a invasion. i'm talking about bombing Argentina naval bases and airfields, and infrastructure if need be.
need to drive it to home to the Argentines that El Falklands Son British.
Even that is not popular either (Thanks to Israel Gaza Bombing) it would definitely create Backlash in Latin America and World as a whole so Brits wont going to risk it IMO.

C-802 or Exocet matters not.
UK would wreck Argentina.
they held back in the first Falklands war. next time they'll hit the mainland :D

Argentinians need to lay low for a while & fix their economy first

Let me ask you this, Ok, even if tomorrow Argentina agree to buy 150 JF-17, how long do you think it will take for the PAC or JAIC to deliver them? 1 Day? 1 Month? 1 Year? and how long it will take for the airmen in Argentina to become qualified for JF-17? I mean for all 150 planes with replacement staff and ground crew??

It would take Years, 3 or even 5, to have that kind of squadron and that kind of pilot trained. And all in a while, what UK is gonna do about them? Do you expect they sit idle and just watch the argentine build up their arms?
150 JF-17s?!!!!! That would be overkill. If that were to happen, UK will not be able to retake the islands in 30 years.
20-40 will be sufficient, the AAF pilots are well trained already. But yes they will need some flying hours on the JF-17 (or any other plane) to acclimatize to it.

Even if you can get 150 planes and pilot tomorrow and start a war, even if you can achieve this miracle, you can't launch all 150 plane on Falkland, each aircraft have to follow air traffic rules and you need to "Stack" them with various attitude before you can bring them into The AO, so it would make sure they won't crash on each other before even getting into the fight. You are talking about FL300 to FL100 with 2 plane on each 1000 ft decrement. At most you can put up 40 planes at once. And that would actually mean your ATC is doing a superb job.

Now that 40 planes not only need to brace the Lighting, but a combine SEA/AIR SAM net. Before they can swarm over to Falkland Island and kills the Lighting, now, imagine how many that would lose.
What was your rank in the military? Were you an NCO? You are not fooling anyone with jargon.
What you are saying makes no sense. It will be as if i said, if you had to drive to point B with 100 vehicles, it will be very hard. You will need to keep the vehicles in lane, more than 3 vehicles cannot be at the same point in the lane, you will need to stop at red light, be careful not to run over any pedestrians. Does a driver think all of that before doing this? Are you kidding me? It is second nature.
Then comes the ground war parts. in a good day, when you have air and sea superiority, you need 3 times as much soldier to overwhelm the defender. There are about 6000 defender compare to 40 in the first one. How many troop Argentina can land at once? Having no Assault support ship at all??

Lol, when you plan all your step according to your move, then of course you are gonna win, because you assume the other side don't fight back at all....
Good job tilting the numbers. There are 100 infantry men in falklands. That's it. The garrison is of 1200 but that doesn't mean anything. In 1982 the Arg forces were ordered not to kill any marines, and they were able to achieve that. The Island surrendered in 3 hours. The same will happen this time. There is just a small network of Rapier missiles, and the 3 fighters, that is all. Once they fall, the islands are gone. UK does not have the 2 carriers that were crucial back then. Once the islands are lost, it will be impossible for Britain to take them back. Unless you want to believe the fantasy that 1 Brit kills 1000. I am not saying the stationed forces won't fight back, i am just saying it will be impossible for them to put up much of a fight unless they are super soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom