What's new

China, Argentina set for defence collaboration, Malvinas-class OPV deal

Should be easy enough for China to sell the Z-9C along with the corvette.

z-9c-1.jpg

Harbin+helicopter.+Z-9EC+ASW+Naval+Air+Arm+pulse-compression+radar%252C+low+frequency+dipping+sonar%252C+radar+warning+receiver+and+doppler+navigation+system%252C+torpedoes+frigates+%25282%2529.jpg

Your plan is to send a billion dollar nuclear submarine against a $50 million corvette. Is that wise?

If its anything like last time, if the Argentinians hears there are British subs nearby, their ships don't leave port.

Wow type 056 is really cost effective at 40-60 million. (Non export versions cost more I suppose).

UK navy is advanced with nuclear subs and advanced destroyers, but very small in numbers. That is a major liability. If Argentina buys more cost effective but less fancy chinese ships, they might just win Falklands War 2.0

are you for real??

Type 056 is a 1300 ton Corvette, are you seriously comparing to a 8500 ton Daring Class destroyer? I have been on a Daring class and visited their CNC, you don't even come close to guessing how many target can a Type 45 track and engage and destroy at the same time....

Maybe argentine navy should consider buying Chinese fishing boat, it cost less than $500000 each, ties it with bomb and swarm the British Destroyer...

Oh dear.........it wasn't a good idea to mention the Falklands, with an 'English_Man' here :-)

To clarify a few points......true the Royal Navy is much reduced in numbers since the Falklands conflict of 1982, but what ships and subs they have are top notch, with advanced modern missiles and radar and electronic suites!

The Argentinian military is still in an obsolete state, and hasn't modernized since 1982.

Buying a corvette is really only a flag waving gesture for the Argentinian Navy.........and any hostile action of this vessel towards the Falklands will obviously be the last operation of this vessel!

Incidently there is no such place in the South Atlantic called the 'Mavinas' Islands, but I did find the 'Falkland' islands, in my British Atlas! :omghaha:

Wow type 056 is really cost effective at 40-60 million. (Non export versions cost more I suppose).

UK navy is advanced with nuclear subs and advanced destroyers, but very small in numbers. That is a major liability. If Argentina buys more cost effective but less fancy chinese ships, they might just win Falklands War 2.0

no way. don't forget those ASTUTE subs have Tomahawks. they would destroy Argentina airfields and infrastruct if Argentina dared to try to take Falklands again.

plus it would take at least a decade of build up to even pose a threat to the UK and Falklands. by then UK will know Argentina is truly serious in it's endeavor and not just running lip for the populace and their egos.

I think both sides need to take a realistic look.
1 Argentina economic development is still lagging and so is its military.
2 Royal Navy and British power projection has come down by a huge margin.
Last time in Falkland dispute, you had to make a chain of Vulcan bombers to make it to the Argentine mainland. Those 4 typhoon and couple of nuke subs you have will have a tough time till the cavalry arrives. And the frigates ain't gonna cut it. Unless you plan to nuke them.

In recent times the RAF was found wanting in Libyan campaign. The war stocks of weapons are low and if the argies correctly plan an attack (infantry equipped with Sam etc.) Things can become difficult for the Queendom. Fortunately for you they don't have the economic power needed to build a reasonably good force.

I think both sides need to take a realistic look.
1 Argentina economic development is still lagging and so is its military.
2 Royal Navy and British power projection has come down by a huge margin.
Last time in Falkland dispute, you had to make a chain of Vulcan bombers to make it to the Argentine mainland. Those 4 typhoon and couple of nuke subs you have will have a tough time till the cavalry arrives. And the frigates ain't gonna cut it. Unless you plan to nuke them.

In recent times the RAF was found wanting in Libyan campaign. The war stocks of weapons are low and if the argies correctly plan an attack (infantry equipped with Sam etc.) Things can become difficult for the Queendom. Fortunately for you they don't have the economic power needed to build a reasonably good force.

I don't think you understand how dire Argentina military is and how crappy the economy is compared to what it was decades ago.
Falklands are British has been for over 200 years and will continue to be British. they had a referendum and 98% of the Islands inhabitants voted to stay a British overseas territory. why can't Argentina respect that???

they cry imperialism, but what they are doing is no better.

British Navy is only going to get stronger in the coming decade.

I don't think you understand how dire Argentina military is and how crappy the economy is compared to what it was decades ago.
Falklands are British has been for over 200 years and will continue to be British. they had a referendum and 98% of the Islands inhabitants voted to stay a British overseas territory. why can't Argentina respect that???

they cry imperialism, but what they are doing is no better.

British Navy is only going to get stronger in the coming decade.

The british when conquered Falkland chase out all the Argentinians and replace them with British. How can the referendum consider fair? Just like Russian chased out all Japanese from Kuril island after WWII and replaced with Russians. And Russian hold a election and all Russian vote for Kuril island under Russia. How can that result considered legal? Thats cheating.

Its the opposite actually. Britain is become weaker and weaker. They don't have the equipment to exert pressure the way they did in Falklands.

weaker, lol

8360420121_84fc6d7a62_h.jpg

HMS_Daring-1.jpg

Royal_Navy_Submarine_HMS_Astute_Returns_to_HMNB_Clyde_MOD_45153733.jpg

BcmK2JL.jpg

eurofighter.jpg

meanwhile in Argentina

Argentina ships shock: Less than half of the country's navy vessels are operational | World | News | Daily Express

The british when conquered Falkland chase out all the Argentinians and replace them with British. How can the referendum consider fair? Just like Russian chased out all Japanese from Kuril island after WWII and replaced with Russians. And Russian hold a election and all Russian vote for Kuril island under Russia. How can that result considered legal? Thats cheating.

The country of Argentina didn't even exist when the island was inhabited by the British or otherwise.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

_73994687_capture2.jpg

Falklands.permanence.png

Very well said 'C130'...........remember in under 10 years time Britain will have 2 combat carrier groups (hopefuly), with the F35 (fully sorted out by then?), consisting of carriers, type 45's, ssn's and the NEW type 26 Frigates.

Apart from the US of course, and China in that time period, who else can project such power, with such a relatively small force?

Basically, if Argentina had really wanted to try another take over of the islands.................then basically that window of opportunity, even if it did exist has gone, and will certainly not exist in the future.

The brits chase off the spanish and french settler in the falklands in the early 1800, the spanish name of Falkland (Malvinas) is originate from the French word Malouiane....

Argentine occupied the Island 20 years after the British occupation on Falklands since Nepoleonic war in 1810 and this is where the argentine claim were about.

Eurofighters are based there so I can't see any potential conflict as EF would make mince meat of the AF air force

UK has 'less' but more these days numbers matter less to quality of the assets and the type 45 is very advanced indeed

Since when did I say US send ship to help Argie or the Brits fight in Falkland? lol dude, you have a comprehension problem...

I said the Argie is fighting the Brits with British and American ships, let see what ships and where do they come from in Argentine Navy during Falkland war, shall we?

ARA Alferez Sobral (A-9) - Ex USS Salish - 1972 - now
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Alferez_Sobral_(A-9)

ARA Veinticinco de Mayo (V-2) - Ex-HMS Venerable - 1968-1990
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARA_Veinticinco_de_Mayo_(V-2)

ARA General Belgrano - Ex USS Phoenix - 1951-1982 (Sunk in Falkland War)
ARA General Belgrano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ARA Santísima Trinidad D1. (1974-2003)- UK Built Type 42 Destroyer
ARA Hércules (B-52) - 1976 - now - UK Built Type-42 Destroyer
Type 42 destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

most of the ship's in Argentine inventory are either American Made, British Made, or German made. Most of them are ex-serviced vessel and some of them are new built. Infact, the Argentine just received the newly built Type-42 6 years prior to the war, a ship which the RN was using at the same conflict.

dude, how much do you guys actually know about Falkland war?

It is you who has a communication AND comprehension problems

My question was asking you the name of american ship that was sent by Argentina to fight against the brits during the war since you said per post #6:
"well, last time around Argie was fighting the Brits with Brits and American ship and the Brits won."

How much do you know about the Falkland Island war ?
bb11cc460b5f4b24140a68b5753859d8.gif

Back
Top Bottom