What's new

China All Su-35 news

False. The number (24) means that the Su-35S are meant to form an exact regiment. That regiment was supposed to be the J-11B but production line changes had it shut down. As of this moment there's nothing on the Su-35S besides the 117S that would interest China. Weapons? China has a whole exceeding variety of them. Avionics? China's J-15/16 and J-11B have L-band AESA radars that have longer range than the Irbis. Engines might be a possibility, but that's it. You can't replace a heavy air superiority fighter with a multirole single engined fighter, nor you can expect to build the newer J-15.

Actually, China did copy the Al-31 and produce it under the same name. The WS-10 soon surpassed it though.

Do you have a source for this?

China has agreed to buy 24 fighter jets and four submarines from Russia, Chinese state media report.

It is reported to be the first time in a decade that China has made a large-scale military purchase from Russia.

Two of the submarines will be built in Russia and two in China.

The deal, signed just before last weekend's visit to Moscow by the Chinese President, Xi Jinping, comes as both sides increase military co-operation.

Correspondents say Moscow and Beijing are trying to counterbalance what they see as American military dominance.

China is buying 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines, reported the Communist Party organ the People's Daily and China Central Television (CCTV).

They did not put a value on the purchases.

China's official defence budget rose by 11.2% in 2012 - pushing it above $100bn (£65bn) for the first time. But foreign experts have estimated that Beijing's actual military spending could be as much as double the official budget.

US defence spending was reported as standing at more than $700bn.

Beijing - which is also embroiled in a bitter row over disputed islands with Japan - launched its first aircraft carrier last year.

"The Su-35 fighters can effectively reduce pressure on China's air defence before Chinese-made stealth fighters come online," the People's Daily was quoted as saying.

It said the two countries were expected to co-operate further in developing military technology - including for S-400 long-range anti-aircraft missiles, 117S large thrust engines, IL-476 large transport aircraft and IL-78 aerial tankers.

'Riposte'

Chinese President Xi Jinping visited Moscow from Friday to Sunday for talks with his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin - his first trip abroad since becoming head of state earlier this month.

The two countries are also pursuing a number of deals for Russia to supply Chinese industry with oil and liquefied natural gas.

President Xi's visit was lauded by the state-run China Daily as a "well-deserved riposte to Washington for America's military 'pivot' to Asia. Xi is executing China's own 'pivot' - the visit to Moscow to cement ties with" Mr Putin, the paper said.

"Xi's decision to make Moscow the destination of his first official visit as China's president will give the US a sharp reminder that it is not the only power able to flex its muscles," the report, translated by BBC Monitoring, went on.

BBC News - China 'buys fighter jets and submarines from Russia'

:cheesy: looks like someone people will be eating humble pie including a few mods :)

This is latest news it gonna happen wheres the Chinese fanboys now? who said this will never happen haha one twat even offered a $100 that China will never buy such arms from Russia

Why are you mentioning the money that you have just lost?

Although I am mentally prepared to accept the Su-35 deal, I won't believe it until I see Su-35s flying in PLAAF colors.

So are you still in the camp that this deal is not going to happen? I never lost anything I do not bet with Chinese fanboys on pdf

Please note that both governments have denied the purchase. Seems like fanboy is a word you need to mutter in a mirror.

Although I am mentally prepared to accept the Su-35 deal, I won't believe it until I see Su-35s flying in PLAAF colors.

You will get your hands on the brilliant 117S turbofan engines as well as the radar system so you can start reverse engineering them as you guys do best which btw we could learn from.

Please note that both governments have denied the purchase. Seems like fanboy is a word you need to mutter in a mirror.

lol still living in the mode of denial I salute you for your character do not give up hope my friend it might not happen

lol still living in the mode of denial I salute you for your character do not give up hope my friend it might not happen

The denial of the purchase has been reverberated by two governments. Meanwhile the rumor of the deal has been circulating the Internet for years on end without any solid evidence, without any credibility. Seems like denial is your case.

:rofl: There is no shame to buy superior weapons, you are doing well but cloning and stealing technology only gets you so far do not beat yourself up about it.

Now here is where we disagree. I don't consider the Su-35 to be a superior weapon. Maybe the engine is superior for the time being. However, there is very little to learn from the radar and avionics.

The denial of the purchase has been reverberated by two governments. Meanwhile the rumor of the deal has been circulating the Internet for years on end without any solid evidence, without any credibility. Seems like denial is your case.

Talks are ongoing, if you want the words from a direct Russian military person I can give you it. Such deals take ages due to the large scale of the size of the contract where many things have to be agreed such as a tech transfer etc

We can expect further talks when both parties meet during the BRIC summit to iron out such issues.

When the actual deal will be signed is matter of debate but to say there is not advanced talks is not true.

I am of the opinion that some people on this thread will have a field day regardless of what happens.

Possibility #1: China buys the Su-35.

Response: J-20 and J-21 are junks since China is still purchasing a 4+ fighter from Russia despite numerous restrictions.

Possibility #2: China doesn't buy the Su-35.

Response: J-20 and J-21 are still junks because China wanted to buy a 4+ fighter to reverse engineer tech from Russia but is denied the chance to do so.

Either way, those people win.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom