What's new

China All Su-35 news

It'll be great to test out JFTs against these beasts. Superior than anything India has. It will tell us our real capabilities.

@Zarvan .... Plaese do me a favour, do a bit of a search in advance before You start a new thread and I know You know it too.

We have already a dedicated thread for the PLAAF-Su-35-issue and similar we other so many other threads for the ones You always start new.

It's indeed a bloody mess to always merge and sort out ...
Thanks in advance.

Deino

sukhoi_su-35s_in_2009_2_1.jpg

Russia has not formally signed a contract to sell the Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker-E and S-400 surface-to-air missile system to China. Right now, Moscow has only agreed in principle to sell those advanced weapons to China.

“First of all, let’s be accurate. We have not sold yet,” said retired Lt. Gen. Evgeny Buzhinsky (Ret.), chairman of the executive board of Russia’s PIR Center, during a lunch event at the Center for the National Interest on Nov. 15. “We are in the process of very tough and very difficult negotiations on these issues.”

The Russians and the Chinese have made the decision on the sale in principle, but the deals are not finalized. However, in the meantime, the Kremlin and the Chinese leadership have signed an agreement to protect Russian intellectual property—which Moscow hopes will prevent Beijing from stealing its technology. “The principle decisions on S-400 is taken—the principle decision on Su-35 is taken,” Buzhinsky said. “We signed the protection of intellectual property agreement, which was a precondition for the supply of Su-35.”

But Russia is well aware that an agreement with China to protect its intellectual property might well be meaningless. Buzhinsky said that Russia is not about to hand over the crown jewels of its technology to China without taking precautions. The Chinese version of the Su-35 will not be the same as the one used by the Russian Air Force. “We have export version and a version for our own use,” Buzhinsky said. “The Chinese are very good at copying all kinds of stuff.”

Nonetheless, Russia is confident that its technology will be safe in Chinese hands—particularly the all-important Saturn AL-41F1S engine. “They cannot produce engines,” Buzhinsky said. “We agreed to supply engines for the Su-35, but fortunately—my technical colleagues told me—that it is practically impossible to copy that engine because it is practically impossible just to reach the heart of the engine without breaking it completely.”

China is expected to purchase 24 advanced Su-35s from Russia—but most observers believe that Beijing’s motive is to harvest those aircraft for their technology. While Beijing is working on developing advanced stealth fighter aircraft such as the J-20 and J-31, the Chinese have proven to be woefully behind in developing jet propulsion technology. Indeed, the J-20 is known to use Russian Salut AL-31FN engines—which were originally designed to power variants of the Russian Su-27 Flanker.

While Moscow is confident that China will not be able to pick the Su-35 and S-400 clean of their advanced technology, Beijing has proven to be remarkably adept at technology theft. It remains to be seen if the Kremlin’s safeguards will be effective in preventing the Chinese from reverse engineering the S-400, Su-35 and its engines. Only time will tell.

Dave Majumdar is the defense editor for the National Interest. You can follow him on Twitter: @davemajumdar.
http://nationalinterest.org/blog/th...-china-are-still-negotiating-sale-su-35-18419

I think its more of Russian trying hard to sell those things to China rather than the delay of sales due to intellectual property stuff.

But end of the day, I believe Su-35 sales will goes through and it will be station at Gwadar port. :enjoy:

Not so sure of S-400.

sukhoi_su-35s_in_2009_2_1.jpg

Russia has not formally signed a contract to sell the Sukhoi Su-35S Flanker-E and S-400 surface-to-air missile system to China. Right now, Moscow has only agreed in principle to sell those advanced weapons to China.

“First of all, let’s be accurate. We have not sold yet,” said retired Lt. Gen. Evgeny Buzhinsky (Ret.), chairman of the executive board of Russia’s PIR Center, during a lunch event at the Center for the National Interest on Nov. 15. “We are in the process of very tough and very difficult negotiations on these issues.”

So we went back from another thousand XX SU-35 sold for YY Billions, comittment to deliver and Russia to deliver next months gossip papers spamed on PDF, to nothing signed or any negotiations finalized yet again?

Looks like China doesnt really "need" them as much as Indian poster like to interprete into the negotiations after all.

I honestly don't think China will buy Su-35 now, if there was any plan to begin with. Russia media started tossing around the idea just right after I graduated high school. It's now been 12 years since. Operationally, China already has J-10C, J-16 and J-20. There is just no requirement for Su-35.

Technologically there isn't much SU-35 can offers now, but as a show of political support for Russia, China might still sign the deal. Also money for the aircraft purchase will help Russia ease a bit on their financial situation.

I honestly don't think China will buy Su-35 now, if there was any plan to begin with. Russia media started tossing around the idea just right after I graduated high school. It's now been 12 years since. Operationally, China already has J-10C, J-16 and J-20. There is just no requirement for Su-35.

I hope this will not once again lead to biased controversies, but I think there is indeed still a certain requirement for the Su-35 in China:

First of all each and every foreign purchase must be seen as a complete package, that not only includes a certain operational requirement (here I agree) but also the technical and most of all political input to this contract.
That means simply looking at an aircraft's performance - like in a quartets game - and to ignore everything around is plain stupid. A prime example is why the J-10 so far no export order, why the Rafale - and no-one denies its capabilities - had so many problems to secure an export order.

Therefore I think the whole package is right: it is a bolt political statement from China to assure the Sino-Russian partnership in quite difficult times for Russia, it also has a technical component; namely China get's hands on Russia's latest avionics and propulsion ... and esp. the engine is IMO the most important part since it give the PLAAF for the first time an operational engine with TVC so that the PLAAF can immediately begin to explore its capabilities and develop own operational doctrines.

IMO still worth ...

Deino

Russia to Deliver Su-35 Fighter Jets to China on Schedule
14:05 23.11.2016

Russia will stick to the schedule on supplying Su-35 fighter jets to China under a military-technical deal between the two countries, Khabarovsk Territory's Governor Vyacheslav Shport told Sputnik on Wednesday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — In September, the governor said that the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO), part of the Sukhoi Aviation Holding Company and one of Russia's largest aircraft manufacturers, plans to supply four Su-35 to China by the end of the year.

"I can say that today, all issues of supplying aircraft equipment as part of military-technical cooperation are proceeding strictly on schedule at the aviation enterprise located on the Khabarovsk Territory, and will be complete before the deadline specified in the contract. It's under my supervision," Shport said.

Earlier in November, the head of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) said that deliveries had not yet started but that the deal's implementation was underway.

Russia and China signed a contract on the delivery of 24 Russian Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets, estimated to be worth $2 billion, in 2015.

The Su-35 (NATO reporting name Flanker-E) is a 4++ generation aircraft employing technologies of the fifth generation, designed by the Sukhoi Aviation Holding Company. The fighter jet is an upgraded version of the Su-27 multirole fighter. It was first introduced to a foreign audience at the 2013 Paris Air Show.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201611231047746741-su35-china-delivery/

14:05 23.11.2016

Russia will stick to the schedule on supplying Su-35 fighter jets to China under a military-technical deal between the two countries, Khabarovsk Territory's Governor Vyacheslav Shport told Sputnik on Wednesday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — In September, the governor said that the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO), part of the Sukhoi Aviation Holding Company and one of Russia's largest aircraft manufacturers, plans to supply four Su-35 to China by the end of the year.

"I can say that today, all issues of supplying aircraft equipment as part of military-technical cooperation are proceeding strictly on schedule at the aviation enterprise located on the Khabarovsk Territory, and will be complete before the deadline specified in the contract. It's under my supervision," Shport said.

Earlier in November, the head of the Russian Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (FSMTC) said that deliveries had not yet started but that the deal's implementation was underway.

Russia and China signed a contract on the delivery of 24 Russian Sukhoi Su-35 fighter jets, estimated to be worth $2 billion, in 2015.

The Su-35 (NATO reporting name Flanker-E) is a 4++ generation aircraft employing technologies of the fifth generation, designed by the Sukhoi Aviation Holding Company. The fighter jet is an upgraded version of the Su-27 multirole fighter. It was first introduced to a foreign audience at the 2013 Paris Air Show.

Right on track. :enjoy:

Chinese pilots SU-35 training frequency has been picking up lately, looks like delivery date is approaching soon (中国飞行员试飞苏35的频次越发上升,苏35战机来华之日或许已经不远)

mwg9K3f.jpg
2E5BGex.jpg
fSyCnxa.jpg
9ApaUkK.jpg
ISop9a6.jpg

Introduction/induction of Su-35 and S-400 in serious doubt :o:

083023pzxue54lnuytn28i.png

PLAAF test pilots are said to be unhappy with the performances of Su-35 and as a result the PLAAF has opted for accelerated deployment of J-16.

Ditto S-400 (with HQ-9B achieving effective range of 300km and HQ-19 performances far exceeding expectations).

Introduction/induction of Su-35 and S-400 in serious doubt :o:

083023pzxue54lnuytn28i.png

PLAAF test pilots are said to be unhappy with the performances of Su-35 and as a result the PLAAF has opted for accelerated deployment of J-16.

Ditto S-400 (with HQ-9B achieving effective range of 300km and HQ-19 performances far exceeding expectations).

Thanks for the update, but isn't the HQ-9B still under development (where did you get the 300 km figure from)? And also, isn't the HQ-19 a THAAD counterpart rather than a SAM type missile?

But interesting.

Back
Top Bottom