What's new

China Aims to Become ‘Strong Film Power’ Like U.S. by 2035

True, that's why Korean men and women are gaining popularity in non-Asian countries because they fit global standards better. Northern Chinese and Koreans are pretty similar in looks.

Southern Chinese tend to be a lot more soft.
In personality they are too soft too. I have to say my northern Chinese friends are so much cooler and have better personalities than the crybabies from the south I know who can't handle a simple problem without whining.

When you say "curvy girls" I hope you mean chubby, actually curvy girls, not some thin, muscular type that Hollywood promotes.

Hollywood really has some lovely women like Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick but they are thin.

@tower9
No way that's exactly what I meant. I like a bit muscular curvy tall girls. Anna Kendrick's type is what you generally see in China. Too thin like a paper wrapped around a skeleton.

This is probably china's biggest challenge due to language barrier.

The west gains affinity easily due to english language being far reaching from the actions of british imperialist colonizing many around the globe in the past.

Yes, she needs heavy nutrition.

Pardon me but how can muscular girls be curvy ?

---

I am logging-off now so will reply tomorrow.
0aa5b786c4cd63f4c5b92f4b71a7c207.jpg

like this

Impossible as China would NEVER have the soft-power and cultural attraction that the US has and will continue to have.
You idiot these are built over time. USA was not 'born' with these attractions. It took decades to build up trhis soft-power which itself was fed by US economic power. So give it time. I think the Chinese would struggle to match the western soft power for variety of reasons with language being one but they will certainly make a impact.

Seems interesting. @ps3linux @Hamartia Antidote @RealNapster

@fitpOsitive, you have spoken against human settlement on other worlds but what do you think of this book ?

I like that the story starts in the 1960s.

A proper communist sentiment.

When you say "curvy girls" I hope you mean chubby, actually curvy girls, not some thin, muscular type that Hollywood promotes.

Hollywood really has some lovely women like Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick but they are thin.

@tower9

Anything can happen and it can be a smash hit.
Unfortunately it sounds like the story doesn't have a happy ending.
Reminded me of

You idiot these are built over time. USA was not 'born' with these attractions. It took decades to build up trhis soft-power which itself was fed by US economic power. So give it time. I think the Chinese would struggle to match the western soft power for variety of reasons with language being one but they will certainly make a impact.
It’s pretty crazy how fast and high south Korea has risen in soft power though

Seems interesting. @ps3linux @Hamartia Antidote @RealNapster

@fitpOsitive, you have spoken against human settlement on other worlds but what do you think of this book ?
see, although its not a nice section for talks like this, but, all creatures Allah created try to cross limits. For example, if I advise one group of people to stay calm, and they actually do, then other group tries to cross the limits. Same goes with animals and humans. And same goes with humans and aliens. That's the reason when Allah decided to appoint humans in earth as HIS deputy, angels said: Will you appoint someone who will create mischief in earth...
So, I say let the things happen, as they are happening, and try to be just and try to protect the weaker. Everything eventually tries to settle towards equilibrium.

From monopoly to mult polar world is a good thing, China never wants to be like US, we are not interested in that aggressive style.

:what:

The OP says otherwise. A quote:

The Chinese government has exhorted filmmakers to turn the country into a “strong film power” like the U.S. by 2035 and called for the production of 100 movies a year that each earn more than RMB100 million ($15 million) as part of a push to increase China’s soft power.

The targets were set by Wang Xiaohui, executive deputy director of the Central Propaganda Department and director of the National Film Bureau, at the first nationwide industry symposium since the former agency took jurisdiction over the latter. Government officials, film scholars, representatives of major film companies and industry associations gathered in Beijing on Wednesday for a symposium that set the tone for the future development of China’s industry with the propaganda bureau in the driver’s seat.

The Chinese government is keen on making China a "strong film power" by 2035. If that's not aggressive, I don't know what is.

It’s pretty crazy how fast and high south Korea has risen in soft power though
I agree. They are punching well above their size, even compared to their mature neighbour Japan. Koreans have something about them. They seem to have more style, personality and flair then other East Asians. Also they tend to be better looking with good pysiques. I quite enjoyed that crazy number by Gangam style ...

In personality they are too soft too. I have to say my northern Chinese friends are so much cooler and have better personalities than the crybabies from the south I know who can't handle a simple problem without whining.

South asian obsession about minor racial differences and acting as if they are day and night. Thank god chinese dont play such game otherwise their would be genocides and riots between northern chinese and southern chinese like sinhala vs tamil..

South asian obsession about minor racial differences and acting as if they are day and night. Thank god chinese dont play such game otherwise their would be genocides and riots between northern chinese and southern chinese like sinhala vs tamil..
Sinhala vs Tamil difference is not racial but linguistic and cultural ;)

Which is basically comparable to Uyghur vs Han Chinese. Other than that I would actually argue that Sinhalese similar to Han Chinese are a collection of many different ethnic group absorbed into one culture and language. There are no differences within Sinhalese. Maybe because of smaller size. Unlike Indians, Pakistanis, Sinhalese have no tribes and nobody cares about ancestry. If you speak the language and follow the culture, you are Sinhalese, no matter what you look like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom