What's new

China Aims to Become ‘Strong Film Power’ Like U.S. by 2035

China first needs to produce TV dramas on the levels of the South Koreans before catching up to Hollywood .... if its dramas can have as much exposure as those K-dramas, then that will be a success.

China first needs to produce TV dramas on the levels of the South Koreans before catching up to Hollywood .... if its dramas can have as much exposure as those K-dramas, then that will be a success.

South Korea had an interesting "Highlander" show
A never aging space alien in 1609 stops to save a little girl which makes him miss his flight back and has to wait 400 years for a rescue.

Now in 2009 LOL!!!

As a little girl he saved her (which is actually the 2nd time as she may be the original girl reincarnated)

It never goes as far as the agony of the Highlander as he watches the love of his life age over the years, go frail, and die...simply destroying his soul.

Last edited:

I don't agree. China should go into international level of story telling. They have to add more genre in their TV shows. Because as long as I see, the popular dramas that I find are always about these things:

1. Military (war against Japan) or Modern military (training drama)
2. Historical (story like Three Kingdoms)
3. Semi historical Princess Love story.
4. Wuxia with semi historical setting.
5. Daoism god with all those Xianxia fantasy setting.

The majority has "Historical / past tense" setting.

They lack of another genre. Specially Sci-fi TV drama that pointing to the future. The problem is, sci-fi has often become the drive of new idea in scientific research. Like Flash Gordon was the drive to invented rocket technology, Star Trek to give you the idea of quantum teleportation science, Time Travel genre drive scientist to investigate the theory of time, etc. You need a nerd to bring the fantasy into reality, while hard working dull type person to implement the reality.

In today world, American is the champion of sci-fi genre. That's why people said that American have always lead in innovation department They have too many nerds with fantastic imagination.

Last edited:
China should also make use of northerners. Northern Chinese men are masculine and women don't have that retarded look that southerners have. Both men and women are tall and good to look at.
True, that's why Korean men and women are gaining popularity in non-Asian countries because they fit global standards better. Northern Chinese and Koreans are pretty similar in looks.

Southern Chinese tend to be a lot more soft.
Southern Chinese also have many good looking people. The worst look area is in the red circle. Unfortunately most Chinese immigrants in early age were Cantonese(right in the circle). Westerners have the stereotype that all Chinese speak Cantonese and look like Cantonese.
44151.jpg

This is the typical Chinese girl look in westerners' mind. Fact is this is Cantonese look.
44151.jpg

Last edited:

As far as I know, Korean TV drama is only beloved by women, it is the condition in Indonesia. Actually Hongkong movie is quite popular in Indonesia, this men meme is also popular on our WA conversation :lol:

1599881664385.png

Unlike Indians, Pakistanis, Sinhalese have no tribes and nobody cares about ancestry.
Pages in category "Sinhalese castes"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

B
C
D
G
H
K
M
P
R
S
T
Sinhalese castes[edit]
See also: Category:Sinhalese castes
The documented history of the island begins with the arrival of Prince Vijaya from India. Although the origin of Sri Lankan communities is unclear,[17] genetic studies on Sinhalese have shown that most of the Sinhala community are genetically related to east and south Indians.[18][19][20][21][22][23] About half of the Sinhalese population are Govigama.[24]

Ancient Sri Lankan texts, such as the Pujavaliya, Sadharmaratnavaliya, Yogaratnakaraya and inscriptions, show that a caste system namely existed among the Sinhalese. Evidence of this hierarchy can be seen during the 18th century British-Kandyan period,[25] indicating its continuation even after the Sri Lankan monarchy.[26][27] Colonialism and foreign intervention in the dynastic conflicts of the island throughout history has also influenced the caste system, some suggesting even a re-arrangement of the occupational castes.[28][29]

Kandyan castes
In the Central Highlands, many traditions of the Kingdom of Kandy were preserved from its 1818 collapse beyond independence in 1948 and the Land Reform Act of the 1970s. Although large agricultural landlords belonged to the Govigama caste, many now may not own land. Most Govigama were however ordinary farmers and tenants as absolute land ownership was exclusive to the king until the British colonial period.[30] The most important feature of the Kandyan system was Rajakariya ("the king's work"), which linked each caste to an occupation and demanded service to the court and religious institutions.[31]

Southern castes
There are still differences between the caste structures of the highlands and those of the low country, although some service groups were common to both in ancient Sri Lanka. The southwestern coast has three other castes (the Salagama, the Durava and the Karava) in addition to the majority of ancient Govigama, which is common throughout the region. Some of these castes' ancestors are believed to have migrated from Southern India, and have become important in the Sinhalese social system. The first-century BC Anuradhpura Abayagiri inscription referring to a Karava navika may be the first reference to a specialized occupation.[32][33]

IMO China needs to change beauty standards to capture global markets. Nobody wants to see feminine guys and skeleton girls in a movie. When will ever get to see strong muscular Asian boys and tough curvy girls. I personally would love to see Chinese movies if the cast looks good.
Don't know about the average Chinese actor but not all of them are as you described. I watched a fine Chinese film called One Night Surprise , the male lead was this
3f04-iskepxs6967524-683x1024.jpg

When you say "curvy girls" I hope you mean chubby, actually curvy girls, not some thin, muscular type that Hollywood promotes.
Too much fat is a sign of aging, lazyness or even lifestyle based diseases though.

Impossible as China would NEVER have the soft-power and cultural attraction that the US has and will continue to have.
you are extremely naive, china already has softpower,just because MSM media don't highlight it in positive light , doesn't mean there isn't,all east asian culture has impressive soft power ,it's not South Asia we are talking about.

Experts like Martin Jacques predict,in years ahead soft power will be one of the biggest strength of china along with its economic rise,just like korea and Japan has ,but magnified with its economic might.

You will be surprised how popular chinese drama are among your bengali youth already.

Last edited:
When you say "curvy girls" I hope you mean chubby, actually curvy girls, not some thin, muscular type that Hollywood promotes.

Hollywood really has some lovely women like Amanda Seyfried and Anna Kendrick but they are thin.

@tower9

Do you like Iko Uwais (the raid movie player) wife when she was first married with him or after having kids and get fatty ???

Before having kid

1599885930620.png

After getting kids (your favorite chubby version) @Naofumi

1599885968627.png

Pages in category "Sinhalese castes"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

B
C
D
G
H
K
M
P
R
S
T
Sinhalese castes[edit]
See also: Category:Sinhalese castes
The documented history of the island begins with the arrival of Prince Vijaya from India. Although the origin of Sri Lankan communities is unclear,[17] genetic studies on Sinhalese have shown that most of the Sinhala community are genetically related to east and south Indians.[18][19][20][21][22][23] About half of the Sinhalese population are Govigama.[24]

Ancient Sri Lankan texts, such as the Pujavaliya, Sadharmaratnavaliya, Yogaratnakaraya and inscriptions, show that a caste system namely existed among the Sinhalese. Evidence of this hierarchy can be seen during the 18th century British-Kandyan period,[25] indicating its continuation even after the Sri Lankan monarchy.[26][27] Colonialism and foreign intervention in the dynastic conflicts of the island throughout history has also influenced the caste system, some suggesting even a re-arrangement of the occupational castes.[28][29]

Kandyan castes
In the Central Highlands, many traditions of the Kingdom of Kandy were preserved from its 1818 collapse beyond independence in 1948 and the Land Reform Act of the 1970s. Although large agricultural landlords belonged to the Govigama caste, many now may not own land. Most Govigama were however ordinary farmers and tenants as absolute land ownership was exclusive to the king until the British colonial period.[30] The most important feature of the Kandyan system was Rajakariya ("the king's work"), which linked each caste to an occupation and demanded service to the court and religious institutions.[31]

Southern castes
There are still differences between the caste structures of the highlands and those of the low country, although some service groups were common to both in ancient Sri Lanka. The southwestern coast has three other castes (the Salagama, the Durava and the Karava) in addition to the majority of ancient Govigama, which is common throughout the region. Some of these castes' ancestors are believed to have migrated from Southern India, and have become important in the Sinhalese social system. The first-century BC Anuradhpura Abayagiri inscription referring to a Karava navika may be the first reference to a specialized occupation.[32][33]

In your own article

"The caste systems of Sri Lanka were historically not tied to the religious establishment but rather a tool to service the ruling elite - a model more reminiscent of feudalism in Europe. "

And LOL @ young people rejecting pressure of caste system. This looks like it was written by an Indian. Young people don't even know what their caste is. hahahaha

And your film reminded me of Pitch Black, Screamers, Ghosts of Mars and The Last Days on Mars.

Man, tomorrow is Saturday..............No need to sleep too early :cool:

I usually sleep by 11:30 or max 12:00.

Don't know about the average Chinese actor but not all of them are as you described. I watched a fine Chinese film called One Night Surprise , the male lead was this
View attachment 669033

That's the Tiger Shroff look. I don't think possible without regular, heavy gymming.

Ideal for me would be like Edward Fox in the Day of the Jackal :

jackalpants.jpg

0aa5b786c4cd63f4c5b92f4b71a7c207.jpg

like this

Sorry but that's half a man.

What I like please see my reply below.

Too much fat is a sign of aging, lazyness or even lifestyle based diseases though.

Please explain "too much fat".

As example of what I like is in this description - From the "Italian Renaissance" in this vid :

With or without the "fair skin" part :

2020-09-12-060258_1366x768_scrot.png

And I like the Ismail activist sisters from Pakistan - Gulalai and Saba :

23-Gulalai-Ismail.jpg

SABA.jpg

Do you like Iko Uwais (the raid movie player) wife when she was first married with him or after having kids and get fatty ???

Before having kid

View attachment 669035

After getting kids (your favorite chubby version) @Naofumi

View attachment 669038
I don't think she needs to put on anymore weight, what do you say @jamahir Bhai :partay:

Well, she would look nice if she got rid of the fat on the face.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom