What's new

China agrees to invest 52 billion USD in Pakistan in next five years !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you actually believe that Pakistan is capable to absorb all this money?? I would say even 5 bill $ would be overwhelming for this nation. They have been trying to build Lahore metro for over 35 years. India went from no metro to metros in 15 cities in that time.

in 35 years we went from destitute country to burgeoning super power. What's your point.

And Pakistan cannot absorb 50 Billion? There's so many places to invest, we bring some of our own workers for projects, not only because it would give jobs to Chinese, it's also to teach and improve the skills of the Pakistani work force.

As time goes on China would reduce Chinese labor and use more Pakistani workers. If nothing else, it's more profitable.That's what we do to projects in countries that may have a bit of a problem with skilled labor, we train them, making them skilled labor, instead of waiting and hope a miracle happens.

Indian companies would enter the market if they were allowed, but India won't be investing in Pakistani infra, that's for sure.

It'll be interesting to see if this actually works out, investment on this scale usually has plenty of indicators on the global investor community and I haven't heard of anything. Doesn't mean much, but China's proposed investment in India made ripples way before it was even announced in the media.

Indians can enter the market, but your government's priority isn't to invest in Pakistan, so the commitment is not there.

As to impact, dude your media is like Taiwan's super crazy media. You guys blow everything out of proportion, if we threw a rock over the border, your media would have sounded a nuke alert.

Lastly, there is no puppet, China has the best deal, and everybody knows, US has strings attached to the most mundane deals, but we are known to pour money with no strings, because we know more than anyone what it feels to be interfered with in things that have nothing to do with the third party.

Are we going to make a profit? Yes, why would Pakistan want to be known as a country that can't provide a profit? IS that India's image? Financial black hole?

But are we taking advantage of Pakistan, I don't know, but here's what I do know, if for some reason, we split, we can't bring finished infrastructure with us, it stays in Pakistan regardless. That's the nature of this investment, we are thinking of us in this deal, but Pakistan also has a government and capable people, we worry about us and they worry about them.

Instead of turning it down we negotiate, you know like adults, so that we both benefit.

China stations no troops in Pakistan, doesn't limit Pakistan weapon's potential, and does everything to treat Pakistan as a sovereign state and equals. We don't interfere in its own politics, that's up to the people of Pakistan.

Maybe you spend too much time with your Japanese buddies, you want to see a puppet? You seen it, the ultimate puppet, the Emperor of Japan, the puppet's puppet.

Excellent news. :cheers:

This could be of huge benefit to both countries.

Lastly, there is no puppet, China has the best deal, and everybody knows, US has strings attached to the most mundane deals, but we are known to pour money with no strings, because we know more than anyone what it feels to be interfered with in things that have nothing to do with the third party.

Exactly right. :tup:

Our currency reserves are larger than the rest of the world's combined, we can always afford to give the best deals.

Nobody is "losing out" when giving contracts to China, they know that we deliver the best deal available, in a world where most countries lack the spare cash to finance the deal.

Last edited:
Karan isnt trolling, he said something similar about large investments into India.

Excellent news. :cheers:

This could be of huge benefit to both countries.

Exactly right. :tup:

Our currency reserves are larger than the rest of the world's combined, we can always afford to give the best deals.

Nobody is "losing out" when giving contracts to China, they know that we deliver the best deal available, in a world where most countries lack the spare cash to finance the deal.

Bro you realize such news come every year and then vanish. Nothing much happens concrete on ground.

Last edited:
Let us ask our US friends to match this number. 52 billion USD. @orangzaib you there?

Let us make some guage for friendship here. China is a good friend for sure and we take it as one whole unit of friendship. If US invests 5.2 billion USD, we give them .1 units of friendship.

Last edited:
Bro you realize such news come every year and then vanish. Nothing much happens concrete on ground.

I do agree over the past.
But this govt indeed is looking toward Pakistan Economy.and infact many indicator are showing positive results for pakistan

Can anyone tell me how much china have invested in pakistan so far? As we all know pak and china are friends from day one so can anyone plz tell me the numbers of last 65 years.

3 Billion? who are these extra 2.8 billion people? :blink:

It's good decision, they should expand vertically instead of wasting fertile land of Punjab in residential colonies.
O really good decision for these kind of building we need basic structure first we don't have even till now proper Fire Brigade and we think of building skyscrapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom