What's new

China agrees to invest 52 billion USD in Pakistan in next five years !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through I had my doubts about it, but your post gives me a bit more hope.

Please keep your doubts alive for now. Remember the $48 billion investment coming from UAE only a few months ago? Same story here.

What is the rate of return the chinese are asking on their investment?

EDIT:Ignore the attached file, I don't know to remove it

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-25_23-41-21.png
    upload_2014-2-25_23-41-21.png
    148.9 KB · Views: 50
Please keep your doubts alive for now. Remember the $48 billion investment coming from UAE only a few months ago? Same story here.

Oh they are alive, and shouting. It follows, if there's something too good to be true, it usually is.

but UaE is not China. I think it's going to come down on 'what's my ROR' for Chinese before it's fullly on the go.

but UaE is not China. I think it's going to come down on 'what's my ROR' for Chinese before it's fullly on the go.

Yes, the problem is on the Pakistani side, which is common to both. Nothing can be believed unless there is a corroborating story from the other side. Where is it in this case?

Yes, the problem is on the Pakistani side, which is common to both. Nothing can be believed unless there is a corroborating story from the other side. Where is it in this case?
I think the only valid point is that your leader just came back from China. Other Chinese members can shed some light if they hear similar story of this from local news.

I think the only valid point is that your leader just came back from China. Other Chinese members can shed some light if they hear similar story of this from local news.

Our "leader" is a proven liar many times over. :D

NDTV is not very reliable.
it is not a editorial ... u ask chinese dragon.. he will give u the link from financial times.

Chinese PM to address Pakistan parliament - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao is to address a joint session of Pakistan's parliament on Sunday, wrapping up a three-day visit to Islamabad that concluded deals worth around 35 billion dollars

I myself am not sure about this new USD50B projects..... what I spoke of earlier is the projects that are already underway.... and the option to start new ones at a moments notice, if the funding ever became available....

The thing is, all of the projects are very much feasible, however, strong pressure from India on various lenders not to lend.... which my uncle actually blamed on Pakistan.... in his words: "It's our mistake, as we used to go to every lender and bitch about India, not to give them loans, whenever India came up with a project (in IoK or anywhere). They (India) later got the funding anyways, from either the ADP,WB etc etc, or through other means..... now it's a huge problem for us, as whenever we take our project, they deny it immediately...."

Oh they are alive, and shouting. It follows, if there's something too good to be true, it usually is.

Given the chance India would pour billions into Pakistan, because of similiar conditions and market needs. But a puppet will always be a puppet.

How ? India itself trying get FDI from other countries including China.

There are some things India has mastered. No doubt its has an impressive Rail Network and Automobile Industry, but besides that nothing else is significant. Pakisan can build better Roads and Bridges and it has cheaper and better quality Raw Materials We have produced great engineers and construction companies and I'm sure If they are given funds, they can master other infrastructure projects. China is a reliable partner since it makes sure you evolve. It doesn't spoon feed you. The Defence Industry is a huge example where we have gone from importing to joint ventures to indigenization.

Last edited:
CB, one thing..... building certain projects such as dams etc, is an art form....... just like building submarines....you can't learn from reading........ and from what I heard, they are having some issues with getting new talent, as the older generation who were masters at it have retired.....

There are some things India has mastered. No doubt its has an impressive Rail Network and Automobile Industry, but besides that nothing else is significant. Pakisan can build better Roads and Bridges and it has cheaper and better quality Raw Materials We have produced great engineers and construction companies and I'm sure If they are given funds, they can master other infrastructure projects. China is a reliable partner since it makes sure you evolve. It doesn't spoon feed you. The Defence Industry is a huge example where we have gone from importing to joint ventures to indigenization.

I myself am not sure about this new USD50B projects..... what I spoke of earlier is the projects that are already underway.... and the option to start new ones at a moments notice, if the funding ever became available....

The thing is, all of the projects are very much feasible, however, strong pressure from India on various lenders not to lend.... which my uncle actually blamed on Pakistan.... in his words: "It's our mistake, as we used to go to every lender and bitch about India, not to give them loans, whenever India came up with a project (in IoK or anywhere). They (India) later got the funding anyways, from either the ADP,WB etc etc, or through other means..... now it's a huge problem for us, as whenever we take our project, they deny it immediately...."
Pakistan has tried, but till date China remains the only nation that has successfully stopped a multilateral institution from financing Indian projects - that was for a project in Arunachal Pradesh. And that was just once.

Eventually we got the Japanese to finance it. But it set a precedent, and we have used that against others since then.

There really is no big thing in building roads and bridges and rail tracks. There is no such thing as 'better roads and bridges' or 'better rail tracks'. Even Ghana can build roads and bridges and rails provided they get the financing.

That is what makes the difference - whether you can get funding for it. If Pakistan manages it, then kudos to Pakistan.

More so new building around Lahore Ravi River, new economic zone on near the extended Lahore Ring Road, and the Motorway near River ravi.

Rest around Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom