What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Never ever !... and even then it will take years.

Neither SAC or CAC was able to manufacture more than 40 planes per year, CAC with the smaller J-10 probably a few more but not even close to Your number and both the J-10 and J-11 are much less sophisticated ones.

For the J-20 they are right now at what rate ?? ... maybe 2 per months and given the confirmed birds even less.
So close to 100 per year is impossible and most likely not even desirable.

I did say that the year would be around 2025. China will have an economy maybe twice as large by then and so will have so much more money to spend. Yes the J-20 will come in more expensive than J-10, J-11 etc but I am considering that only 1 5th generation fighter is in production then. If there are more then no need to build 100 or so J-20s a year.

We need to remember that once China finally designs a product it likes it builds them in quantity. Look at the examples of the Type-054A frigate, Type-052D destroyer and the new Type-55 cruiser..

We cannot take examples from the past of J-10s/J-11s as China was and is much poorer now than it will be by the mid 2020s. It also made little sense for China to build thousands of 4th generation fighters knowing that they will become obsolette in only a decade after being put into service.

Unless there is another 5th generation fighter in production by the mid-2020s then 100 or so J-20s will be rolling off the production lines every year. Whatever happens, unless the US restarts F-22 production China will have the most powerful air-force in the world by 2030.

I did say that the year would be around 2025. China will have an economy maybe twice as large by then and so will have so much more money to spend. Yes the J-20 will come in more expensive than J-10, J-11 etc but I am considering that only 1 5th generation fighter is in production then. If there are more then no need to build 100 or so J-20s a year.

We need to remember that once China finally designs a product it likes it builds them in quantity. Look at the examples of the Type-054A frigate, Type-052D destroyer and the new Type-55 cruiser..

We cannot take examples from the past of J-10s/J-11s as China was and is much poorer now than it will be by the mid 2020s. It also made little sense for China to build thousands of 4th generation fighters knowing that they will become obsolette in only a decade after being put into service.

Unless there is another 5th generation fighter in production by the mid-2020s then 100 or so J-20s will be rolling off the production lines every year. Whatever happens, unless the US restarts F-22 production China will have the most powerful air-force in the world by 2030.

Your on crack son.

I will address just two points.

No way does China roll out 100 J-20s in a year.

Secondly, no way does the USAF stop being the most capable Air Force in the world.

OK. prove that you have some analytical ability.

Those statements are meaningless by themselves.

To help you, China will be by far the richest country in the world in 2030. It already is the richest in PPP and it's economy is growing many times quicker than the US. Now think very carefully before you reply. If this is beyond you then simply do not say anything.

I have a job buddy.

If I get time I will respond in detail.

But your analytical skills are deficient in that you really don't have the data
To make the assertions that you do.

I have a job buddy.

If I get time I will respond in detail.

But your analytical skills are deficient in that you really don't have the data
To make the assertions that you do.

Even if you have a job, you will have some time to respond say after work. It takes just 10-15 minutes to reply.

Like I say if this is beyond you then don't bother to reply. We all jump in and say things in haste.

Even if you have a job, you will have some time to respond say after work. It takes just 10-15 minutes to reply.

Like I say if this is beyond you then don't bother to reply. We all jump in and say things in haste.

Maybe what he doesn't has is the time to research for the data, not to reply in here.

Btw, let not compare China capability in aircraft making to another country. It will create unnecessary debate in here. Avicenna reaction is normal, because he's an American, and your comment spark his nationalism to argue. If it continue, it will derail this thread further.

They are just like Gordan Chang. I have long know CD forum has full of Chinese traitors. Many are overseas Canadian or US Chinese. Some can be even fake Chinese who is white but happen to know Chinese only.

Your language of accusing other people as traitor remind me of the Red Army from the cultural revolution era. You must aware that cultural revolution has ended long time ago. To have different thought about what engine that placed inside J-20 is normal, as everyone don't know about the truth.

So I guess if the reality is that J-20 use AL-31F, then people in CAC are traitors too?

Come on ... and how long will it take until the PLAAF has fielded 500+ J-20s??

It's only 50 a year. Easily achieved.

The Russians already have the capacity to produce 70-75 Sukhois a year, that we know of.

Maybe what he doesn't has is the time to research for the data, not to reply in here.

Btw, let not compare China capability in aircraft making to another country. It will create unnecessary debate in here. Avicenna reaction is normal, because he's an American, and your comment spark his nationalism to argue. If it continue, it will derail this thread further.

Your language of accusing other people as traitor remind me of the Red Army from the cultural revolution era. You must aware that cultural revolution has ended long time ago. To have different thought about what engine that placed inside J-20 is normal, as everyone don't know about the truth.

So I guess if the reality is that J-20 use AL-31F, then people in CAC are traitors too?

Well, if you read their comments, you will notice that many of them were simply the trolls in the payroll who cannot be reasonated.

When people who are not familiar with the J-20 and hold some skepticism, we don't blame those people, but not those trolls who deliberately smear China's achievement and want to destroy the morale of the Chinese people.

OK. prove that you have some analytical ability.

Those statements are meaningless by themselves.

To help you, China will be by far the richest country in the world in 2030. It already is the richest in PPP and it's economy is growing many times quicker than the US. Now think very carefully before you reply. If this is beyond you then simply do not say anything.

For China to become the richest country, China actually has to close the gap in GDP, something that China hasn't done the last three years and may not again this year. The US economy is already at $19.2 trillion after the 2nd quarter. US total wealth also sits near $85 trillion, while China is under $25 trillion. China is nowhere close to being the richest country in the world.

As for Air Force comparisons, by 2030, the US will have over 2,000 fifth generation fighters, 6th gen prototypes, and B-21 bombers rolling off the production line. The US Air Force can project power anywhere in the world. Can the Chinese Air Force sustain operations on the other side of the world for years at a time?

As usual, your a load of hot air Bengali.

For China to become the richest country, China actually has to close the gap in GDP, something that China hasn't done the last three years and may not again this year. The US economy is already at $19.2 trillion after the 2nd quarter. US total wealth also sits near $85 trillion, while China is under $25 trillion. China is nowhere close to being the richest country in the world.

As for Air Force comparisons, by 2030, the US will have over 2,000 fifth generation fighters, 6th gen prototypes, and B-21 bombers rolling off the production line. The US Air Force can project power anywhere in the world. Can the Chinese Air Force sustain operations on the other side of the world for years at a time?

China might not catch US any soon in term of GDP but as military spending, but our 150 billions military budget has equivalent effectiveness as US 650 billions defense budge, take example a 70000$ US salary of American ship welder, researcher, scientist doesn't necessary mean they will do 7 time better or faster than the 10000$ US salary Chinese counterparts, if our military procurement is 7x cheaper than US, you will expect that we can fill up with close to 2000 5th gen fighters and bomber as well, of course you can claim that you guys are more advanced technologically than us. for that I will give you credit until 2030 realistically.

Last edited:

Dude you have next to nil knowledge of basic economies or geopolitics.
F-35 is a turkey in air to air, so take out those numbers from US 5th gen total.

Unless the US restarts F-22 production, China will have the most powerful airforce in the world by 2030.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom