What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

That wont be ready till 2030 at the earliest.
How will US face 500+ J-20s?

The coming J-20B with the WS-15 will also integrate some 6th gen aircraft technologies, since China has already been working on it.

The J-20B will be an excellent test platform, just like the Type 052D for the Type 055.

The coming J-20B with the WS-15 will also integrate some 6th gen aircraft technologies, since China has already been working on it.

The J-20B will be an excellent test platform, just like the Type 052D for the Type 055.

6th gen? Please :D

According to CCTV's disclosed information, the current J-20 engine is the WS-10B with 145KN afterburner, while it will be soon upgraded with the 165KN WS-15 which is slightly better than the 156KN F119.

@UKBengali

Do you have a link for this? Also, CCTV information regarding the military isn't reliable unless it comes from Channel 1.

Come on ... and how long will it take until the PLAAF has fielded 500+ J-20s??

Before 2030 that is for sure.

Once China has the WS-15 production matured,
J-20s will be manufactured in the many dozens per year. I will not hesitate to say that nearly
100 should roll out each year by the middle of next decade.

For China, J-20 is all they are focusing on for 5th gen, whereas the US stupidly stopped F-22 production many years ago and now only has
F-35 in production.

Do you have a link for this? Also, CCTV information regarding the military isn't reliable unless it comes from Channel 1.

lol, it was from ifeng, not CCTV itself.

Since CCTV's original report did not mention the indigenous engine is WS-15 or WS-10B.

BTW, this report has already driven the AL-31F supporters from the CD forum crazy. And keep in mind that ifeng was initially "AL-31F supporter" as well, now they have turned into "WS-10B supporter".

Before 2030 that is for sure.

Once China has the WS-15 production matured,
J-20s will be manufactured in the many dozens per year. I will not hesitate to say that nearly
100 should roll out each year by the middle of next decade.

For China, J-20 is all they are focusing on for 5th gen, whereas the US stupidly stopped F-22 production many years ago and now only has
F-35 in production.

Never ever !... and even then it will take years.

Neither SAC or CAC was able to manufacture more than 40 planes per year, CAC with the smaller J-10 probably a few more but not even close to Your number and both the J-10 and J-11 are much less sophisticated ones.

For the J-20 they are right now at what rate ?? ... maybe 2 per months and given the confirmed birds even less.
So close to 100 per year is impossible and most likely not even desirable.

BTW, this report has already driven the AL-31F supporters from the CD forum crazy. And keep in mind that ifeng was initially "AL-31F supporter" as well, now they have turned into "WS-10B supporter".

Pardon, CD = ??? But at least surely not "China Defense Forum" or the "Sino Defence Forum".
As far as I know there is none who supports this WS-10B-theory and even less who think it is already the WS-15.

lol, it was from ifeng, not CCTV itself.

Since CCTV's original report did not mention the indigenous engine is WS-15 or WS-10B.

But again, that's the issue: since the "CCTV's original report did not mention the indigenous engine is WS-15 or WS-10B" no-one knows for sure. Anyway there are still a few that are so much sure with the exact designation ...

Deino

Never ever !... and even then it will take years.

Neither SAC or CAC was able to manufacture more than 40 planes per year, CAC with the smaller J-10 probably a few more but not even close to Your number and both the J-10 and J-11 are much less sophisticated ones.

For the J-20 they are right now at what rate ?? ... maybe 2 per months and given the confirmed birds even less.
So close to 100 per year is impossible and most likely not even desirable.

Pardon, CD = ??? But at least surely not "China Defense Forum" or the "Sino Defence Forum".
As far as I know there is none who supports this WS-10B-theory and even less who think it is already the WS-15.

But again, that's the issue: since the "CCTV's original report did not mention the indigenous engine is WS-15 or WS-10B" no-one knows for sure. Anyway there are still a few that are so much sure with the exact designation ...

Deino

The CD forum stands for the Chinese speaking forum CJDBY, not the English speaking Sinodefense.

BTW, the original CCTV report did reveal that the WS-15 was also being manufactured in the Liming factory from Shenyang. So it is unlikely that the WS-15 is still under development.

The CD forum stands for the Chinese speaking forum CJDBY, not the English speaking Sinodefense.

BTW, the original CCTV report did reveal that the WS-15 was also being manufactured in the Liming factory from Shenyang. So it is unlikely that the WS-15 is still under development.

Thanks !

But concerning this strange TV-report - IMO the most suspicious issue is that it was soon removed or deleted - as far as I got via the translation from others, the common consensus was that it did not mention "is or even was manufactured" but "will be", therefore leaving ample of interpretations possible.

I know, we are now again back at the language issue, but given that there are several Chinese and Chinese speaking members at both the English speaking CDF and SDF, why do they come to a completely other understanding and conclusion - aka no WS-10-version and no WS-15 by now - than here?

For me in conclusion it remains interesting and exciting.
Deino

Thanks !

But concerning this strange TV-report - IMO the most suspicious issue is that it was soon removed or deleted - as far as I got via the translation from others, the common consensus was that it did not mention "is or even was manufactured" but "will be", therefore leaving ample of interpretations possible.

I know, we are now again back at the language issue, but given that there are several Chinese and Chinese speaking members at both the English speaking CDF and SDF, why do they come to a completely other understanding and conclusion - aka no WS-10-version and no WS-15 by now - than here?

Deino

The WS-15 is still being considered as the classified info for China, so it is unlikely they will reveal the actual footage of its manufacturing procedure right now.

Considered that a sizable number of the Type 093B has been commissioned, yet China has not revealed a single footage of it, but only from the earlier Type 093.

Thanks !

Deino
It is so funny Deino. Does Sino defence or CDF is the bench mark when comes to gauging Chinese real military in depth? They don't accept is their problem. Does test pilot or chief designer words more inferior than those forumer comments?

You still believe operational J-20 with normal AL-31F engine will have great supersonic maneuverability? Unless you tell me you know more than those pilot?

It is so funny Deino. Does Sino defence or CDF is the bench mark when comes to gauging Chinese real military in depth? They don't accept is their problem. Does test pilot or chief designer words more inferior than those forumer comments?

You still believe operational J-20 with normal AL-31F engine will have great supersonic maneuverability? Unless you tell me you know more than those pilot?

Check the true color of those staunch AL-31F supporters from the CD forum, and it does look like they are on the CIA's payroll rather than being the normal military fans from China.

Those guys have literally turned the CD forum into a cesspool.

https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2407934-1-1.html

Check the true color of those staunch AL-31F supporters from the CD forum, and it does look like they are on the CIA's payroll rather than being the normal military fans from China.

Those guys have literally turned the CD forum into a cesspool.

https://lt.cjdby.net/thread-2407934-1-1.html
They are just like Gordan Chang. I have long know CD forum has full of Chinese traitors. Many are overseas Canadian or US Chinese. Some can be even fake Chinese who is white but happen to know Chinese only.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom