What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Yes for sure :-)

80261d02gy1fmt9cc61jjj21kw28gk1e.jpg

Patent application for a type of AVEN with inherent stealth characteristics :D

Joke of the day I presume !! :p:

So why did the US tested a F-16 with the AVEN??

Dude that is why I started with saying that I am novice here, and would like to know more.

What is AVEN by the way?

Also, isn't the world heading towards stealth fighters, and fighters like J 10 will get increasingly redundant in top performance?

Also, please tell me what role does Thrust vectoring have? Is it only for maneuverability? Is maneuverability really that important? I remember reading a US report which was underplaying maneuverability, saying that in modern conflict the dog fight situations have almost ended. But as I say, I am a relative novice in this field.

You are neither here nor there.

Most of the time you should be seen not heard. :lol::D

What do you mean? I already prefaced by saying that I would like to learn about this topic, where there are people far more knowledgeable than me.

Buss, Buss, I always thought you are impartial and have at least some decent analysis. You reckon LCA is advanced do you?

Absolutely not. I thought only fighters like J20, F 22, and F31 can be considered advanced.

Buss is apparently an expert in everything from quantum science to engines to economics.

Not everything. In fact, I can be said to be an expert in nothing. But I do have a broad knowledge base, and I am certainly among the most knowledgeable in certain fields here.

US and most western countries have a system where any sensitive technology or potential strategic technology is pulled out of the patent system. Does China have a similar system?

80261d02gy1fmt9cc61jjj21kw28gk1e.jpg

It is not the AVEN that testing on J-10. You can compare the image of WS-10X and this patent and find the obvious differences.

Dude that is why I started with saying that I am novice here, and would like to know more.

What is AVEN by the way?

Also, isn't the world heading towards stealth fighters, and fighters like J 10 will get increasingly redundant in top performance?

Also, please tell me what role does Thrust vectoring have? Is it only for maneuverability? Is maneuverability really that important? I remember reading a US report which was underplaying maneuverability, saying that in modern conflict the dog fight situations have almost ended. But as I say, I am a relative novice in this field.

What do you mean? I already prefaced by saying that I would like to learn about this topic, where there are people far more knowledgeable than me.

Absolutely not. I thought only fighters like J20, F 22, and F31 can be considered advanced.

Not everything. In fact, I can be said to be an expert in nothing. But I do have a broad knowledge base, and I am certainly among the most knowledgeable in certain fields here.

US and most western countries have a system where any sensitive technology or potential strategic technology is pulled out of the patent system. Does China have a similar system?

AVEN (axial symmetrical vectored nozzle). Basically, all circle vectored nozzles are AVEN.

F-22 take the 2-demension nizzle, which can defelct the aircraft jets to two directions (up and down).
On F-16 VISTA, US tested a special type of AVEN named MATV (multi axis thrust vectoring), which can defelct the air jets to any direction (360)
Su-35 take another type of AVEN, which can deflect air jets to two direction like 2-D nizzle. Due to the nozzles have a small angle, so it does not work like traditional 2-demension nizzle.

Someone believe the AVEN on J-10 is MATV.

Last edited:
Wow, I am getting goosebumps looking at that picture. This plane is definitely better than the Rafale.

Pardon ... even if IMO the J-10 is one of the most aesthetically pleasant aircraft :smitten:and it surely can be rated among the one You mention, You call all judge that from a single image??? :unsure:

J-10 C with WS-10B Engine

DPdo0XGVQAA5AIR.jpg

After the attempt not very successful to replace AL-31FN series 3 by WS - 10B on a prototype of a J - 10B, Chengdu have started trials on the ground of a J - 10 c with a new variant of the WS - 10, with the thrust vector and the jagged nozzles, such as the J-20 #2021.

Back
Top Bottom