What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Perhaps he's alluding to a stealthy J-10D with substantially better avionics and TVC? Even so, its still based on the J-10 ... More like a 4.5++++ fighter

What I'm suspecting that it's a new fighter altogether, and that the "J-10D" designation is a misleading inference.

Henri K has also claimed on numerous occasions that CAC is building a single-engined 5th-gen aircraft. I've always harbored the suspicion that the "J-10D" is merely a fan-given designation for a single-engined stealthy fighter rather than yet another J-10 version.
Modify J10 to a stealthy one is nearly as same workload as making a new stealthy fighter.

is plaaf interested in single engine fifth gen jet?
Maybe not. I highly suspect single engine stealthy fighter is developed under PAF's request. Another name 'AZM'. Since PAF has been working with CAC for so many years and both have enough mutual trust and confidence. I won't be surprised if CAC design a minimized J20 for PAf, as PAF had shown its very big interets on J20 at the first beginning.

Just image a single engine stealthy fighter with WS15 engine. It could start demonstration test with WS10x TVC version.

J-10B (from huitong)

J-10B.jpg

Modify J10 to a stealthy one is nearly as same workload as making a new stealthy fighter.

Maybe not. I highly suspect single engine stealthy fighter is developed under PAF's request. Another name 'AZM'. Since PAF has been working with CAC for so many years and both have enough mutual trust and confidence. I won't be surprised if CAC design a minimized J20 for PAf, as PAF had shown its very big interets on J20 at the first beginning.

Just image a single engine stealthy fighter with WS15 engine. It could start demonstration test with WS10x TVC version.

I believe this to be the case too. It may serve as a J-10 replacement down the line for the PLAAF as well.

Together with Pakistan's announcement that they will work with China on a Gen.5 fighter, I would bet it is a single engine, single seater and stealth fighter with DSI developed mainly by Institute 611 and CAC. Yes it will be a 100% newly developed aircraft but its shape may remain some resemblance to J-10. JF-17 might be ruled out as the fuselage is too small.

Back
Top Bottom