What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Due to the now privacy policy, these photographers have to learn drawing. Maybe we will get a picture after firstfly.
The select photographers can attend the select events, can take pictures just cannot publicize them as is... still they can go ahead with drawings to depict the details at best. A compromise policy between confidentiality and publicizing :enjoy:

We are looking forward to see a complete J10 with Chinese engine to enter service for so many years.

It will prove domestic engine fully reliable only if J10 fit WS10x being inducted. Although it's a bit late, but it's never too late.

Last edited:
Someone from the Internet also said that current J10 with TVC engine is a tech demonstrator for new single engine 5th gen fighter of CAC. Does it mean the 'AZM' is a medium weight design of single engine with TVC and canards configuration?

Last edited:
Someone from the Internet also said that current J10 with TVC engine is a tech demonstrator for new single engine 5th gen fighter of CAC. Does it mean the 'AZM' is a medium weight design of single engine with TVC and canards configuration?

Could you link the rumors? How credible is this individual?

J-10 fighter jets in night flight training
160782aa17d78789100525.jpg

http://english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-12/21/content_7878910.htm#.Wj2_dN_PzoI.link

It's very weird they test a TVC WS10x on a J10b, which had phased out production.

I think structurally B and C are not different and to test a new system an AESA and other updated avionics are not necessary.

I think structurally B and C are not different and to test a new system an AESA and other updated avionics are not necessary.
On the other point, why they test the new TVC engine on a single engine fighter? Would it be much safer to put it test on J11?

I though PLAAF is very conservative with new stuff, this time it seems very weird for me.

On the other point, why they test the new TVC engine on a single engine fighter? Would it be much safer to put it test on J11?

I though PLAAF is very conservative with new stuff, this time it seems very weird for me.

That's indeed another point?

Well a TVC WS-10 variant isn't exactly a new engine type or has a completely new core, so testing risks are reduced. Also, i think the PLAAF is confident enough of their TVC to test on their intended J-10, making a J-11 testing redundant. But I read somewhere that the WS-15 may first be tested on a J-11. This shows that the TVC is relative mature ... a good sign

I doubt it. More like a testbed for a stealthy J-10D than a new single engine fighter.

Henri K has also claimed on numerous occasions that CAC is building a single-engined 5th-gen aircraft. I've always harbored the suspicion that the "J-10D" is merely a fan-given designation for a single-engined stealthy fighter rather than yet another J-10 version.

Back
Top Bottom