What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

sir why testing on in service jet

It's not the testing of the aircraft but its TVC-system.
Simply since it is the first time a Chinese TVC-system is tested on a Chinese fighter ... no-one would immediately introduce such a system into service without testing.

From weibo,

0071p2k0gy1fmt2tul7srj32pg1mtb29.jpg
2017年12月25下午3时许,某机型试飞成功。点火,滑跑,起飞,降落,表现均良好。真是让人惊喜的圣诞礼物!
December 25, 2017 around 3:00 pm, a certain plane's test flight successful. Ignition, taxing, takeoff, landing, the performance is good. Really amazing Christmas gift!

From weibo,

0071p2k0gy1fmt2tul7srj32pg1mtb29.jpg
2017年12月25下午3时许,某机型试飞成功。点火,滑跑,起飞,降落,表现均良好。真是让人惊喜的圣诞礼物!
December 25, 2017 around 3:00 pm, a certain plane's test flight successful. Ignition, taxing, takeoff, landing, the performance is good. Really amazing Christmas gift!

@Deino will be asking for the real image again. :enjoy:

@Deino will be asking for the real image again. :enjoy:

He has already posted a real image on Twitter.

Also I admit I have limited understanding of these topics. Can you please tell me what importance does a TVC engine have on J10. Which is arguably not a very advanced fighter.

Also I admit I have limited understanding of these topics. Can you please tell me what importance does a TVC engine have on J10. Which is arguably not a very advanced fighter.

You are neither here nor there.

Most of the time you should be seen not heard. :lol::D

Last edited:
It's not the testing of the aircraft but its TVC-system.
Simply since it is the first time a Chinese TVC-system is tested on a Chinese fighter ... no-one would immediately introduce such a system into service without testing.

Is it a TVC system? Why they tested it in a single engine fighter? I thought that TVC system is a brand new to China. Shouldn't they think more of the safety by testing it in a 2 engines fighter like Flanker first?

Is it a TVC system? Why they tested it in a single engine fighter? I thought that TVC system is a brand new to China. Shouldn't they think more of the safety by testing it in a 2 engines fighter like Flanker first?
Maybe they still study how to coordinate two TVC engine? It's more convinient to test TVC on a single engine fighter. In case it shows strong confidence CAC has in new engine.

Buss, Buss, I always thought you are impartial and have at least some decent analysis. You reckon LCA is advanced do you? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Joke of the day I presume !! :p:

So why did the US tested a F-16 with the AVEN??
Buss is apparently an expert in everything from quantum science to engines to economics.

Back
Top Bottom