What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

J-10 C with WS-10B Engine

DPdo0XGVQAA5AIR.jpg

After the attempt not very successful to replace AL-31FN series 3 by WS - 10B on a prototype of a J - 10B, Chengdu have started trials on the ground of a J - 10 c with a new variant of the WS - 10, with the thrust vector and the jagged nozzles, such as the J-20 #2021.

This is just a normal J-10C with AL-31FN. They still use a old J-10B testing the WS-10X.

View attachment 448181

However, J-10Cs should have an antenna in the front of the vertical tail. And J-10Bs do not have it.

Good point, but IMO it is most of all the lack of the standard MAWs (not RWRs as I noted first; sorry).

by the way ... do we have finally info on what's the current batch in production at CAC?? So far at least I have not seen a single Batch 03 aircraft and Batch 02-51 is almost half a year old.

Deino

Good point, but IMO it is most of all the lack of the standard MAWs (not RWRs as I noted first; sorry).

by the way ... do we have finally info on what's the current batch in production at CAC?? So far at least I have not seen a single Batch 03 aircraft and Batch 02-51 is almost half a year old.

Deino

中南海保镖(The photographer)had said they trimed the shape of the structure above the nozzle in order to make space for TVC. It may caused the change of location of MAWs.

New national private policy is not a joke.[/QUOTE

That is why we are seeing more catoon drawings and hand sketches. Officially sanctioned photos will take time after the actual event happenning, time lapse period will be depending on sensitivity of the subject.

SU-30 is a twin seat strike fighter for surface strike as well as air-to-air engagement, the reason for having two seats is because it needs a weapon operator/officer to concentrate on air-to-ground/sea engagement while the pilot concentrate on flying.

And SU-35 is a single seat air superiority fighter mainly for air-to air engagement. SU-30 and SU-35 are aircraft for different roles, thus SU-35 does not supercede SU-30.

Back
Top Bottom