What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

images1181583_J_10_Phunutoday.vn_4.jpg
which aircraft ???

A new Chengdu-j10C upgraded variant would be further in developing phase which will be used by PLAAF
to conduct flight trials around 2020's. J10C was recently announced by Chengdu aircraft corporation, the primary operator is PLAAF. The engine would likely be based on the WS-10A fan engine but may be a
upgraded version called WS-10B. The general chief designer is Mr. Yang Wei, the design director of Chengdu
aircraft corporation. Maiden flight is expected sooon.

Where did you get these rumors?

Does the J-10C in this context refer to the upgraded J-10B, which made its maiden flight in late 2013, or is it something completely new?

Congrats . . . seems like China has finally resolved the last stumbling block . . . the jet engine. Any information/idea about the life-cycle and MTBO figures?

I have heard that J-10B and J-10BS are in production for PLAAF since 2014 and may be the export customer would be BD, Nigeria and may be some other African and South American countries too.

BD might buy an initial batch of 30 J-10B to replace the aging fleet of A-5C and boost it power. Later on a follow up order for 30 J-10C till 2020 or when available. But I think it's quite confirmed that BD is buying more used MiG-29s.

I have heard that J-10B and J-10BS are in production for PLAAF since 2014 and may be the export customer would be BD, Nigeria and may be some other African and South American countries too.

BD might buy an initial batch of 30 J-10B to replace the aging fleet of A-5C and boost it power. Later on a follow up order for 30 J-10C till 2020 or when available. But I think it's quite confirmed that BD is buying more used MiG-29s.

J-10B production have been stopped in favor of the J-10C. There is no J-10BS.

Back
Top Bottom