What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

No ... surely not !

As far as I know t is confirmed to be ach 1,85 as regular maximum speed, ... max. achieved speed was Mach 2,2 I think !
as per Wikipedia J-10 Top speed is 2,327 km/h

and F22 top speed is 2,410 km/h j10 speed is not bad

I never said it's bad, but only very few fighters today can reach Your mentioned 2600 km/h ... and the J-10 simply not.

I don't think that this is a retractable IFR-probe ... IMO simply the standard one !

@Deino Then whats about that open door right above the IFR probe rod.
you can see that door on both accounts.

@Deino Then whats about that open door right above the IFR probe rod.
you can see that door on both accounts.

I think these are simply the upwards-swivelling doors for the avionics bays ! ... similar to this on a standard J-10A with its Typ-1473 radar.

J-10A radar Typ-1473.jpg

A new Chengdu-j10C upgraded variant would be further in developing phase which will be used by PLAAF
to conduct flight trials around 2020's. J10C was recently announced by Chengdu aircraft corporation, the primary operator is PLAAF. The engine would likely be based on the WS-10A fan engine but may be a
upgraded version called WS-10B. The general chief designer is Mr. Yang Wei, the design director of Chengdu
aircraft corporation. Maiden flight is expected sooon.

A new Chengdu-j10C upgraded variant would be further in developing phase which will be used by PLAAF
to conduct flight trials around 2020's. J10C was recently announced by Chengdu aircraft corporation, the primary operator is PLAAF. The engine would likely be based on the WS-10A fan engine but may be a
upgraded version called WS-10B. The general chief designer is Mr. Yang Wei, the design director of Chengdu
I thought it took maiden flight a year ago

Hmmm .... strange ! What's the original source for this ?

As far as I understand the situation, the J-10C is indeed already flying, however still powered by the Russian AL-31FN ... so a maiden flight with the WS-10B similar to the J-10B prototype '1035' would be an explanation.

However a development phase until the 2020s seem a bit too long ... I expect the J-20 in sevice by then.

Deino

Surely not ! This would be de facto a new aircraft with a new structre and nearly no similarities to the J-10B. It would then be much wiser to speed up development of the J-31/FC-31.

IMO that's an old - and not really good - fan-art !

Deino

j-10c.jpg

Surely not ! This would be de facto a new aircraft with a new structre and nearly no similarities to the J-10B. It would then be much wiser to speed up development of the J-31/FC-31.

IMO that's an old - and not really good - fan-art !

Deino

Where J-10B and J-10BS

Yes indeed I would expect something more like this. However following the PLAAF-designations, it would be a J-10BS - a type I'm eagerly awaiting since years ! - or even a J-10CS.

Anyway any news - and especialyl a confirmation of the operational serial numbers - are highly wellcome ....

Deino

Back
Top Bottom