What's new

Chasing the Dragon

Replace anguish with disgust at the level of blatant racial hypocrisy.
According to my Indian friends, yes England is fairly similar.

A bit surprising that your Indian friends had to tell you of this hypocrisy when you are living right there!

A bit surprising that your Indian friends had to tell you of this hypocrisy when you are living right there!

If you know about your country and the history of Britain, then it will not be one bit surprising to you at all. Since my Indian friends told me so, based upon their own experiences, I can only take their words for it. So for anyone trying to deny racism ever existed or still have, then there is a lot of homework and legwork still needed to be done. I am sure every coloured person living in the west will have their share to tell when you ask them.

If you know about your country and the history of Britain, then it will not be one bit surprising to you at all. Since my Indian friends told me so, based upon their own experiences, I can only take their words for it. So for anyone trying to deny racism ever existed or still have, then there is a lot of homework and legwork still needed to be done. I am sure every coloured person living in the west will have their share to tell when you ask them.

It would not be surprising to me as well as to you.

The British do have a history of racism. They were at the forefront of the slave trade as well and they have a lot to pay for.

Though I doubt any of your Indian friends actually lived through the period before Indian independence or when the British were forcing opium on the Chinese.

So the issue is about racism in Britain at present. And it is surprising that you depended on your Indian friend to tell you about that. Your flags tell me you are living right there.

It would not be surprising to me as well as to you.

The British do have a history of racism. They were at the forefront of the slave trade as well and they have a lot to pay for.

Though I doubt any of your Indian friends actually lived through the period before Indian independence or when the British were forcing opium on the Chinese.

So the issue is about racism in Britain at present. And it is surprising that you depended on your Indian friend to tell you about that. Your flags tell me you are living right there.

In fact that I have many Indian friends over here and they all have huge family circles be it young or old. Their experiences and stories gave me huge insight on the level of racism in the past some of which are carried over to present times, albeit more diluted, can only reflect on how bad racism was when it was back then when whites considered themselves to be the supreme race.

So the issue was in fact relating to both past as well as present. You are very wrong if you think the experience and level of racism experienced by everyone was the same. Perhaps you've not been outside of India long enough to tell, but I don't blame you for not knowing. As for me, it is not surprising to see or hear about people from different racial backgrounds or cultures talking and discussing their own personal experiences.

^^ So looks like you have been fortunate enough not to experience that racism first hand.

Probably because you are closer to the whites than the Indians, sort of honorary whites?

^^ So looks like you have been fortunate enough not to experience that racism first hand.

Probably because you are closer to the whites than the Indians, sort of honorary whites?

Fortunately yes, I've not experienced racism on its prime, but to say to anyone who is non white to have never experienced racism here is unfounded.

Not sure what point you are trying to make about honorary whites. Are you trying to play down racism or suggest that racism against Indians were or are minimal? To me, racism is inexcusable but in terms of who suffered the most from it, I would have to say the afro-Caribbeans did based upon their history, their stories and how the western world try to portray them as the everyday criminals. It is also sad to see America being the same despite being considered the most modern and developed country in the world right now.

Only in terms of skin colour.

In terms of genetics and facial features, South Asians, Central Asians and Middle Easterners are all closer to white Europeans than we are.

And the label "honourary whites" was only applied by the apartheid government of South Africa. First to the Japanese, then much later to the Chinese.

Don't be mistake TheDeletedUser ji, I was merely responding to a post about what some of my Indian fellows think of England's shameful past which is still evident today albeit a little diluted now.

The point is, the west has become a lot more tolerant society now and it should definitely be appreciated. There is a far lesser chance of a black person facing racism in the west than in the Asian countries. They have been welcoming and accomodating to outsiders and that should be acknowledged.

The point is, the west has become a lot more tolerant society now and it should definitely be appreciated. There is a far lesser chance of a black person facing racism in the west than in the Asian countries. They have been welcoming and accomodating to outsiders and that should be acknowledged.

That is to be expected, afterall, they have been exposed to people of different nationalities and backgrounds more often than any countries in the east. I am not saying racism is just as bad as it was in the past, but there is no denying that racism still exists in the west. So one can only imagine what it must be like back then. Blacks today are still subjected to heavy racial stereotype by western media and still being looked down on. So whilst we can acknowledge there is improvements, but we cannot tuck everything underneath the carpet and pretend that everything is clean and gone.

The white racism can turn out to be extremely violent like KKK, Neo-Nazi, etc.

The asian racism is more likely xenophobia, but not really violent.

That's not racism, but the determination of the Chinese people to fight against the invaders.
Be it or not I like it.
“宜县头槁街蛮夷邸间 以示万里 明犯强汉者 虽远必诛”.

Be it or not I like it.
“宜县头槁街蛮夷邸间 以示万里 明犯强汉者 虽远必诛”.

可是我們現在的中國人都沒這種氣勢,反而是國人在國外國內都處處被欺負而無力聲張。

We are Yellow, no white. Indian look more closer to the white and skin color is closer to the black.

actually indians are

white, black, yellow and (mostly) brown

Shiney_Ahuja2.jpg

Tamil+Man.JPG

72248805fkiwkdvi26stdpo0.jpg

china may be one country, but india is a group of 'countries', so its called "UnioN of India"

Back
Top Bottom