What's new

Charlie Hebdo publishes cartoons mocking dead Aylan Kurdi with caption 'Muslim children sink'

They must be upset, seeing their countries will soon have a surge in Muslim residents and citizens. I'd be concerned too if I was in their place, but using someone's death to mock is disgraceful.

I didn't see them making fun of Hebdo's death or did they take him to be God?

And than they say .. .Why do People attack us ? these sick bastar*s are no batter than ISIS or TTP. both are the sides f the same coin.

Would you rather be beheaded along with your family or read a derogatory comic ?

Yes this comic is in poor taste to put it mildly, but comparing this to ISIS is taking it 2 steps too far.

I'd be perfectly ok if Muslim extremist terrorists limited their attacks to Charlie Hebdo levels.

Last edited:
Would you rather be beheaded along with your family or read a derogatory comic ?

Yes this comic is in poor taste to put it mildly, but comparing this to ISIS is taking this it 2 steps too far.

I'd be perfectly ok if Muslim extremist terrorists limited their attacks to Charlie Hebdo levels.

Agree it's sad when someone is telling that a carton = organisation that rapes kills burns every thing thats is not islam ...
But wait it could actually work ... soon next terrorist attack and after mass deportation or all refuge in 1 big camp ...

Last edited:
A cartoon in latest edition of the satirical magazine shows three-year-old Aylan lying face down in the sand under a sign advertising a deal at McDonald's
  • 1046 Shares
  • A cartoon in latest edition of the satirical magazine shows three-year-old Aylan lying face down in the sand under a sign advertising a deal at McDonald's

REUTERS
Officer-lifts-tragic-Aylan-Kurdi-3-from-the-sea-in-resort-of-Bordrum.jpg

Tragedy: An officer lifts tragic Aylan Kurdi from the sea in resort of Bordrum
Charlie Hebdo could face legal action after publishing a series of cartoons mocking the death of Syrian toddler Aylan Kurdi.

The drowned three-year-old has become the symbol of the refugee crisis after his tiny body clad in a red T-shirt and denim shorts was photographed being carried off a Turkish beach.

But the latest edition of the French satirical magazine appears to mock that outpouring of grief from around the world, by showing Aylan lying face down in the sand under the caption ‘So Close to Goal’.

Above him is an advertisement for McDonald’s reading: ‘Two children’s menus for the price of one’.

Another cartoon mocks Aylan’s religion, showing a Jesus-like figure next to the words ‘Christians walk on water’ and a little boy upended in the sea next to the words ‘Muslim children sink’.

charlie-hebdo-pixellated.jpg

Outrage: The latest Charlie Hebdo magazine has sparked anger across the Muslim world

The picture is captioned 'The proof that Europe is Christian'.

Another depiction of Aylan shows him next to children's TV character Casimir, an orange dinosaur, under the caption ‘Welcome to Children’s Island’.

The drawings come nine months after 12 people were murdered by Jihadi gunmen around the Paris offices of Charlie Hebdo, after the magazine mocked the Prophet Mohammed in a series of cartoons.

It led to millions around the world including politicians and celebrities rallying under the ‘Je Suis Charlie’ (‘I am Charlie’) slogan, as it came to represent free speech.

But barrister Peter Herbert, Chair of the Society of Black Lawyers and former vice chair of the Metropolitan Police Authority, was among many who said Charlie Hebdo had overstepped the mark.

D Peter Herbert OBE @herbert_donald
The Society of Black Lawyers will consider reporting this as incitement to hate crime & persecution before the International Criminal Court

1:24 AM - 14 Sep 2015

Mr Herbert alleged on Twitter that the magazine was a "racist, xenophobic and ideologically bankrupt publication that represents the moral decay of France".

He added: ‘The Society of Black Lawyers will consider reporting this as incitement to hate crime & persecution before the International Criminal Court.’

Sanjay Saldanha @SanjaySaldanha
CH takes Freedom of Press to a very sick level & so must also accept its dangerous repercussions #JeNeSuisPasCharlie pic.twitter.com/Z8f6encxHL

9:08 AM - 14 Sep 2015

Numerous other outraged posts attacked the ‘disgusting cartoons’, while others said it was an example of how Hebdo attacked the ‘powerless’ rather than the ‘powerful’.

Others warned the magazine could leave itself open to "dangerous repercussions" over its decision to publish.

Aylan was trying to get to Germany from war-torn Syria with his five-year-old brother, Galip, and his parents. Galip also drowned, alongside the boys’ mother, Rehan.

The tragedy led to a vast outpouring of compassion around the world, with countries such as Britain and France pledging to take in thousands more refugees.

Charlie Hebdo continued publication after the January terrorist attacks, and has since made millions thanks to donations and sales.

But many have noted how the quality of the publication, which had been struggling to survive financially before the shootings, has remained low.

Defenders of the magazine’s cartoons – which have included a depiction of a black politician as a monkey – argue that they are using racist and religious stereotypes to mock racist and religious stereotypes.

Charlie Hebdo publishes cartoons mocking dead Aylan Kurdi with caption 'Muslim children sink' - Mirror Online

I think that magazine is a cheap kind of magazine, who just use some tricks to get publicity...The more and more you discuss about their publication, their motive will be successful...To dissuade these kind of -ve propganda, best thing to stop giving attention to these cheap publications..then they will learn a lesson.

I think that magazine is a cheap kind of magazine, who just use some tricks to get publicity...The more and more you discuss about their publication, their motive will be successful...To dissuade these kind of -ve propganda, best thing to stop giving attention to these cheap publications..then they will learn a lesson.

Fully & totally agree .

They're actually mocking Europe and Christians with that cartoon but you need a brain to understand it.

Speechless .:o:

To me it seems like dark humor meant to shame people in europe.

But if I am wrong and they wanted to mock the little boy, then its just inexcusable.

From my point of view, It is Dark humor and satirical comment on Christians of Europe even though it looks mockery of Aylan in first hand. It seems it is misread.

They're actually mocking Europe and Christians with that cartoon but you need a brain to understand it.

Whatever they are doing whoever uses death of a child to promote his agenda is one sick son of bittch. The picture alone is insulting to the that dead infant but i you had brains you would understand.

I can understand the satire with the sinking cartoon. Though I am having trouble in understanding the McDonald's joke.

I am all for the freedom of speech, but that does not mean that you start going beyond the limits of decency, compassion and respect. There seems to be no end to the limits of stupidity some people will go.

Yes this comic is in poor taste to put it mildly, but comparing this to ISIS is taking this it 2 steps too far.

if their article insights hate & procovate a certain community to such an extent that they are willing to kill them for it .. then no they are no better than ISIS... their last stunt left more than a dozen dead in my country so how are they any better then ISIS or any other terrorist organization ? both are extremists & fanatics who bend the rule to suit their agenda.

Yee soon you will kill little kids that had draw picturs off your god and prophet becose it will get to extreme for you ...
Now-We-have-to-Kill-You.jpg

So you cant respect my Religion but expect me to respect you ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom