What's new

Changan to Launch Its SUV and Sedan in Pakistan Very Soon

That's almost 1 million price difference. If these new cars provide even average safety and performance... I think they will be really hit soon. First we had 1000cc cheapest car and now these. Awesome.

Btw I am not a car enthusiast. I don't know how to drive (by choice) but still want people of my country to be treated equal humans by these car mafias.

I have seen some of these chinese cars and have driven a few here in Bahrain and their features and quality is not any lesser than any other company out there. Some of the newer models are pretty cool and I loved driving a few, in terms of control, steering, suspension etc.

Its just the common misconception about bad quality of chinese products otherwise these cars are really good value for the money.

I have seen some of these chinese cars and have driven a few here in Bahrain and their features and quality is not any lesser than any other company out there. Some of the newer models are pretty cool and I loved driving a few, in terms of control, steering, suspension etc.

Its just the common misconception about bad quality of chinese products otherwise these cars are really good value for the money.
Even top of the line iPhones are made in China. Heck this year Tesla just launched their massive factory to build EVs in China.

I think days of Chinese products being considered inferior are gone. It's no longer the case of 'chal gaya tu chand tak, warna sham tak'.

saw the car in person and it was impressive, heck if i had money i would had booked it

In the last decade, many Chinese brands have become some of the best in the world. As the EV age begins, China is going to be the center of the automotive world. Look at Nio for example.

Still its priced a bit high considering its a Chinese brand.

One thing is certain that Chinese cars just cannot compete with the Japanese ones at the moment in terms of Build quality atleast.

Even in China , Chinese cars are not that popular and people consider buying Japanesr cars , but if this car atleast forces Honda and Toyota to keep their prices and features in check then its a Victory for us..

One thing is certain that Chinese cars just cannot compete with the Japanese ones at the moment in terms of Build quality atleast.

Even in China , Chinese cars are not that popular and people consider buying Japanesr cars , but if this car atleast forces Honda and Toyota to keep their prices and features in check then its a Victory for us..
Japanese cars in Pakistan are not that great in quality anyway. Heck in the west Toyota and Honda market their safety features while in Pakistan even air bags are extra.

Changan saw a market and they are making a name for themselves as can be seen with 17,000 bookings in just the first few days.

This used to be true in early 2000's but not anymore. China is going to be a giant power in future and a name itself. This comes with responsibility.

China is already producing cars that Japan has no capability to produce. Give it five years and China will have leaped far ahead of Japan.
Also China literally has hundreds of brands. The leading ones are already ahead of Japan. Changan is more a mid tier brand.

Here Are The Official Prices of Changan Alsvin in Pakistan

Posted 4 mins ago by Waleed Shah

WhatsApp-Image-2020-12-11-at-5.39.33-PM-e1610096039652.jpeg

The reveal of the much speculated Changan Alsvin took place last month. However, the audience was left somewhat high and dry because the CEO of Changan Pakistan decided to not mention the price at the launch.

However, the automaker has finally rewarded the patience of the public by announcing the prices of all variants of the Alsvin today, and it is safe to say that Changan did not disappoint. The following are the prices of all three variants of the Alsvin:
Price.jpg

The automaker has announced that the Alsvin Sedan is now available for booking at all authorized dealerships across Pakistan.

The official launch of the vehicle took place exactly one month ago. The Alsvin was one of the most eagerly awaited cars for the people as it competes in a segment that has a huge market in Pakistan.

Up till now, Toyota Yaris and Honda City were the only two options available for people in this segment. Both of these cars have a starting price well above Changan Alsvin, despite having the same features. The top trim (or full option as people like to say) version of Alsvin is also priced well below Yaris and City’s top variants.

At launch, Changan informed that the Alsvin shall initially be offered in Pakistan as a CBU and that the local assembling of the vehicles shall begin in the 2nd quarter of 2021. We are yet to find out whether that would affect the pricing or the quality of the Alsvin sedan.

For now, given its price, it can safely be said that the Alsvin will be a fierce contender in the subcompact sedan segment of Pakistan.

+++++++++++++

Wow!! Nice!

The Alsvin looks like a Corolla copy and I'm fine with that, given the price, under 25 lakh.

They are launching this car using the same strategy Hyundai/Kia used in the US, which is price it 15-20% less than Honda/Toyota but pack it with extra/optional features which are skimped by the Japanese. Look at the dash and gearbox controls, those are all electronic.

In Bangladesh - tax is 300% for new Corollas. Don't know the tax rate for Pakistan.
This used to be true in early 2000's but not anymore. China is going to be a giant power in future and a name itself. This comes with responsibility.

The propaganda that Chinese car quality will be any less is no longer valid. They are made in as advanced a factory as Japan/Korea with robots and by well trained workers as intelligent and disciplined in maintaining quality as those countries, using KanBan, ISO and other quality regimes.

As time rolls forward, Chinese brands will also get better at NHTSA crash standards etc., only a matter of time.

Of course things were maybe different twenty years ago, when China just got into the car industry. Every industry has growing pains and quality issues when they start.

China has the world's largest car market which is bigger than the US now.

Last edited:
The prices of Honda City & Toyota Yaris are too high :(

These cars are not sold bare bones trim level, probably different from India. Tax is probably higher too compared to India.

Alsvin is also not in the same size/weight class as the Yaris and City (sub-subcompact), it is a larger size, more Corolla level (subcompact).

Have u read the features of the car? It has features available only in Grande and Civic Oriel. Evin altis and basic civic do not have features compared to alsvin.

Key features are cruise control, triptonic, automatic sunroof, automatic trunk opening, tyre pressure monitoring, parking radar, digital throttle control, car settings controlled from central console.

Now compare this with price of grande and civic oriel of 40 lacs vs 25 lacs.

None of these features are available in top variant of yaris rs. 30 lac and city rs. 28 lac.

Back
Top Bottom