What's new

Çay Bahçesi

That's unfortunate, but I can understand that. Guys would be threatened to approach you, since they would think you will tell them a big NO.
Yea....

I realized that during MSc ...I was in a uni town in UK so everyone was a student...when I met someone it would be like this (almost always):

Random person: So what do you study
Me: MSc in Molecular Biology with Biotechnology and Plant breeding as my major
Random person: okkk ...that sounds soo high tech I am just doing Psychology / MBA/ BBA/ Finance/ Biomed/ Biological sciences

Awkward silence :unsure:

Last edited:
@atatwolf How dare you ? who do you think you are ? you are talking to a genius :D

Yeah like it was easy to talk :D What I'm telling you ? my self esteem is below zero and it has clear reasons. Anyway I don't care anymore, its not like I'm dying to socialize, I feel highly irritated in crowds and I don't enjoy many things people do to socialize.

Yea....

I realized that during MSc ...I was in a uni town in UK so everyone was a student...when I met someone it would be like this (almost always):

Random person: okkk ...that sounds soo high tech I am just doing Psychology / MBA/ BBA/ Finance/ Biomed/ Biological sciences

Well, first of all, you are working on a fascinating field, and MBA and such stuff are pretty dumb compared to your field.
Another point about this discussion is the domination issue. Men like to have the upper hand. So, if he feels dumb compared to you, he would not embarrass himself in asking you out.

@atatwolf How dare you ? who do you think you are ? you are talking to a genius :D

Yeah like it was easy to talk :D What I'm telling you ? my self esteem is below zero and it has clear reasons. Anyway I don't care anymore, its not like I'm dying to socialize, I feel highly irritated in crowds and I don't enjoy many things people do to socialize.
Like? :unsure:

I can't :D I don't have a single feature of me that can boost my self esteem, lets not derail the thread anymore with my hopeless situation, there is no solution :D
i think the same, i think i will just spend my whole life watching Anime

@Targon see my life is tougher ...if my hijab wads off people...the name of my specialization kills the mood together :rofl:

It didnt stop me from going for Archery...I would walk with a group of 15 people from the students accommodation to the gym in the other accommodation about 30 mins walk at night....

And on the way back we would stop at the pub to socialize...usually them drinking and getting noisy while me just having coke and introducing myself and my topic....and with ppl going oo and aaa...esp when it comes to GMO :unsure:

Well, first of all, you are working on a fascinating field, and MBA and such stuff are pretty dumb compared to your field.
Another point about this discussion is the domination issue. Men like to have the upper hand. So, if he feels dumb compared to you, he would not embarrass himself in asking you out.
I know...nerds do bore me but some of my good friends are really people who are focused either on their jobs or family or in their studies....So its a balance...I have friends not to date but at intellect level :p:

The general rule is if you don't talk to other people. They won't talk to you. When I moved to a new city I started to talk to everybody. Broaden your focus if you will. This way you can filter out the people you like.
i have this really odd habit of talking to everyone who i just meet, even if its a random person the street

Yea....

dont worry Khala jee, i have 3 or 4 Khalas, who are still un married, we are just praying for them to get married, i will pray for you too if you like?

@Targon you just need to advertise (well not literally basically concentrate on uplifting) what you do have...Everyone has something....

dont worry Khala jee, i have 3 or 4 Khalas, who are still un married, we are just praying for them to get married, i will pray for you too if you like?
Thank you kiddo :)
Going to places(anykind), I don't even like eating outside.
Well neither do I so I invite friends over (no not everyone you meet is a friend only people whose company you can enjoy)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom