What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Wondering how political these rankings are we have been dropping past 2-3 years after all the media bais.

We should be 6-8 considering we are producing top tech and more industrially independent.

Our professional army is larger then most armies on that list to this is the problem with quantitative analysis

Hey man. Salaam. I miss you. We haven't talked shit to each other in a while. How you doing these days?

Wondering how political these rankings are we have been dropping past 2-3 years after all the media bais.

We should be 6-8 considering we are producing top tech and more industrially independent.

Well Iran used to be 19th and now they're 13th so I doubt this list is politically biased. The reason why we're not 6th is because our defense budget is relatively small and we lack aircraft carriers. If we had a few aircraft carriers we would could possibly be in 5th place.

This list is utilises multipliers, so an aircraft carrier greatly boosts a countries ranking.

Those countries that have surpassed us into the top 8 have upped their budget, acquired more fighter jets and have received aircraft carriers in recent times.

Global Firepower 2019 Military power list is 46% complete... I'm eager to see where Turkey is placed. We were 6th 5 years ago, then we dropped to 8th then 10th and back down to 8th (if I remember correctly) and now we are 9th. I know these lists aren't perfect but they're interesting nonetheless.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/

they are comparing strength with economic and number of soldiers or equipments. If you have junk equipment and more then other countries you will end up higher ranks. Our Army would have to go 2 or 3 step higher but the achievements of Turkish industry don't count, so nobody cares if we drop 10 lower. Neither you should care.

Well Iran used to be 19th and now they're 13th so I doubt this list is politically biased. The reason why we're not 6th is because our defense budget is relatively small and we lack aircraft carriers. If we had a few aircraft carriers we would could possibly be in 5th place.

This list is utilises multipliers, so an aircraft carrier greatly boosts a countries ranking.

I think in current generation of warfare, aircraft carriers are obsolete. They are just like trophies for bigger countries that want to wave their penis around(show of strength).

they are comparing strength with economic and number of soldiers or equipments. If you have junk equipment and more then other countries you will end up higher ranks. Our Army would have to go 2 or 3 step higher but the achievements of Turkish industry don't count, so nobody cares if we drop 10 lower. Neither you should care.

You can't factor in achievements of the defence industry, military victories or equipment quality when it comes to lists like this. Well technically you can but it would be too time consuming and a lot of things will be subjective.

This list instead strikes a balance by comparing the budget, economy, population, number of equipment and other factors. Poorer countries will generally have crappier equipment and that gets factored in. All in all it's probably the best list you can find out there.

I think in current generation of warfare, aircraft carriers are obsolete. They are just like trophies for bigger countries that want to wave their penis around(show of strength).

That's what I used to think. However I changed my mind. An aircraft carrier by itself is a sitting duck. I'll admit that. However backed up by a group of warships it will be untouchable. Although carriers may seem pointless they allow you to conduct aerial operations anywhere in the world.. this is extremely important, especially if you have no access to suitable airstrips.

Turkey will eventually need aircraft carriers in order to resolve conflicts in the horn of Africa and in the far end of the middle east.

You can't factor in achievements of the defence industry, military victories or equipment quality when it comes to lists like this. Well technically you can but it would be too time consuming and a lot of things will be subjective.

This list instead strikes a balance by comparing the budget, economy, population, number of equipment and other factors. Poorer countries will generally have crappier equipment and that gets factored in. All in all it's probably the best list you can find out there.

That's what I used to think. However I changed my mind. An aircraft carrier by itself is a sitting duck. I'll admit that. However backed up by a group of warships it will be untouchable. Although carriers may seem pointless they allow you to conduct aerial operations anywhere in the world.. this is extremely important, especially if you have no access to suitable airstrips.

Turkey will eventually need aircraft carriers in order to resolve conflicts in the horn of Africa and in the far end of the middle east.

I agree. In terms of the Black Sea Turkey should definitely have a couple of carriers as it will exponentially increase the strength of their nation. After all, Turkey is the Gate Keeper of the Black Sea, but that might piss off the Russians. In the long run, I still think Turkish Navy should dominate the Black Sea as they hold the most strategic position.

In terms of naval warfare, Turkey holds a very nice strategic position amongst the world. Black Sea, and also easy access to Mediterranean and Suez.

Global Firepower 2019 Military power list is 46% complete... I'm eager to see where Turkey is placed. We were 6th 5 years ago, then we dropped to 8th then 10th and back down to 8th (if I remember correctly) and now we are 9th. I know these lists aren't perfect but they're interesting nonetheless.

https://www.globalfirepower.com/

Dont hold your breath. That site isnt particularly credible or anything, its all a number game to them.

I agree. In terms of the Black Sea Turkey should definitely have a couple of carriers as it will exponentially increase the strength of their nation. After all, Turkey is the Gate Keeper of the Black Sea, but that might piss off the Russians. In the long run, I still think Turkish Navy should dominate the Black Sea as they hold the most strategic position.

In terms of naval warfare, Turkey holds a very nice strategic position amongst the world. Black Sea, and also easy access to Mediterranean and Suez.

Turkey will manage to piss off everybody Greeks,Russians,Ukrainians,Georgians,and Armenians and potential allies like Azerbaijan and the Stans as well, I do wish the Turks to dominate the Black Sea rather than some Vatniks in Kiev or Moscow, but since Turkey is a NATO member and Erdogan is bloddy f...cking hothead they would need to somehow balance out the Russians and Yankee out of the region will take time and some leadership changes in Turkish political and military circles @lastofthepatriots @GlobalMillitary96

Last edited:
Turkey will manage to piss off everybody Greeks,Russians,Ukrainians,Georgians,and Armenians and potential allies like Azerbaijan and the Stans as well, I do wish the Turks to dominate the Black Sea rather than some Vatniks in Kiev or Moscow, but since Turkey is a NATO member and Erdogan is bloddy f...cking hothead they would need to somehow balance out the Russians and Yankee out of the region will take time and some leadership changes in Turkish political and military circles @lastofthepatriots @GlobalMillitary96

To be honest, the Turks are the most hated in history so no matter what we do they will still not like us.

Let the haters hate.

To be honest I can the Turks are the most hated in history so no matter what we do they will still not like us.

Let the haters hate.

Better to be cool headed and collected and wait when time is right and I mean cmon pissing of allies kinda sucks lol

Better to be cool headed and collected and wait when time is right and I mean cmon pissing of allies kinda sucks lol

I hope one day Central Asia throws out Russian influence the still is going strong there. Turkmenistan feels like another Soviet country judging by this video.

I hope one day Central Asia throws out Russian influence the still is going strong there. Turkmenistan feels like another Soviet country judging by this video.

I know I will get heat from the Turks here I say its better you work with the Chinese to throw the Russians out of Central Asia @Nein

Last edited:
LMFAO. This guy seems mentally unstable.

The First President of Turkemenistan was even more crazy

ecrees and laws[edit]
  • Niyazov banned the use of lip syncing at public concerts in 2005 as well as sound recordings at "musical performances on state holidays, in broadcasts by Turkmen television channels, at all cultural events organized by the state... in places of mass assembly and at weddings and celebrations organised by the public," citing a negative effect on the development of musical arts incurred by the use of recorded music.[32][33]
  • Niyazov banished dogs from the capital Ashgabat because of their "unappealing odour."[33]
  • According to the Ashgabat correspondent of Turkmenistan.ru, right-hand-drive imported cars converted to left-hand-drive were banned due to a perceived increased risk in accidents.[34]
  • Niyazov requested that a "palace of ice", or indoor ice skating rink, be built near the capital, so that those living in the desert country could learn to skate. The rink was built in 2008 and is located near the new Turkmen State Medical University.[35]
  • After having to quit smoking in 1997 due to his resultant heart surgery, he banned smoking in all public places and ordered all government employees to follow suit.[36] Chewing tobacco on Turkmen soil was later banned as well.[37]
  • He outlawed opera, ballet and circuses in 2001 for being "decidedly unturkmen-like".[38]
  • In February 2004, he decreed that men should no longer wear long hair or beards.[39]
  • He banned news reporters and presenters from wearing make-up on television. According to some reports he felt presenters should "appear natural" on-screen,[40] although others alleged the reason was more eccentric, claiming he said he found it difficult to distinguish male anchors from female anchors.[36]
  • Gold teeth were discouraged in Turkmenistan after Niyazov suggested that the populace chew on bones to strengthen their teeth and lessen the rate at which they fall out. He said:
    I watched young dogs when I was young. They were given bones to gnaw to strengthen their teeth. Those of you whose teeth have fallen out did not chew on bones. This is my advice...[41]

• He abolished the Turkmen word for bread, for it to be replaced with Gurbansoltan, his mother's name. Likewise he gave the month of April his mother's name.[42][43]
Foreign policy

Back
Top Bottom