What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Many dishes are. Döner, dolma, baklava, börek, kokoreç...
Kokoreç, eeeeeewwww, I was eating in a restaurant while a guy ordered it. He said: "Bana boklu kısmından kes!" And than he laughed his lungs out. It sounded very Erol Taş-like. Me? I died at the very table in that restaurant. My ghost is writing this post. I will NEVER eat kokoreç. That dude ruined it for me.

Every city of Turkey has its speciality and all of them together are one quisine.
If there is something that the Turks make right then its food, this i can tell without exaggeration.

Just had Beyti kebab'i, damn how do you even invent such a godlike food?

beyti-kebabi.jpg

And yep thats right, this is Kebab rolled in bread with tomato sauce on top. :)

I been looking for this dish they dont sell it here sadly

The best cuisine in my country is in Mersin,people from all over the country emigrated to Mersin from the 60's on.
If you want to taste Turkish cuisine,you have to go to Mersin.

Mersin it is

turkey-istanbul-spice-bazaar-spices-misir-carsisi-turkish-cheese-BKM011.jpg

tr.png

greek-cheese-for-sale-in-a-city-centre-shop-heraklion-crete-greece-HRY77C.jpg

gr.png

photo_verybig_115469.jpg

flag-bulgaria-XL.jpg

halloumi-cheese-on-grill.jpg.824x0_q71.jpg

ulghtaosnqj11.jpg

1200px-Flag_of_Cyprus.svg.png

Which country makes the best cheese

We dont have them in Switzerland either, not everybody can make them its not that easy, we just go over to Germany.

There are resturants in Brooklyn called Beyti Kebab and Taci Beyti very popular name Turkish friends tell me if I am in Istanbul visit Beyti

New York and New Jersey are full of Turks. I was very surprised by the amount of Turkish I have heard while walking on the streets there considering that Turks are far from being one of the biggest ethnic groups there.

New York and New Jersey are full of Turks. I was very surprised by the amount of Turkish I have heard while walking on the streets there considering that Turks are far from being one of the biggest ethnic groups there.

Turks are more recent I noticed, 10 years ago it was nearly impossible to find a Turkish resturant in Astoria,Queens it was filled with greasy "Greek" Gyro Souvlaki places some Arabs as well but now Turkish resturants are popping up everywhere still small I would say Patterson,NJ has the most Turks in tri state while in NYC Midwood,Brooklyn has the most for some reason Turks prefer to live among Arabs,Greeks,and Russians here

Back
Top Bottom