What's new

Captured CST Terrorist

You think FBI and Scotland Yard are reliable. Bangladesh brought them in after the August 21, 2004 grenade attacks and they kept the results to themselves or claimed not to find any new evidence beyond what our security services found.

It is a POF bullet again

are you realy think we fools

POF never make ak-models guns even there is POF made gun who don't know india have 100 POF made guns from kargil war when our army personal shaheed and india take there gun and amo other equpment remember your own media show them and feel win they war .i saw that clips on aljazzera tv .

its not hard for india to get some POF made guns from any were POF siplly arm and amo 26 nations this time

You think FBI and Scotland Yard are reliable. Bangladesh brought them in after the August 21, 2004 grenade attacks and they kept the results to themselves or claimed not to find any new evidence beyond what our security services found.

It does not matter whether you consider those agencies reliabie.

If (and a BIG IF) America and EU start to breathe down your neck to go after the perpetrators, I doubt you will be left with much choice.

So basically we will be chasing people that the Americans and Europeans tell us to chase even if they may have nothing to do with the attacks.

Thanks for your views Agnostic.

It is very important to understand the relationships between various entities.

For example the Lal Masjid incident - I have always found it puzzling. That Masjid is right next to the ISI HQ. Not only that, they were allowed to do as they pleased for a long time. Only when they kidnapped the Chinese massage girls and China got angry did Musharraf decide to act.

They would not have been given all that leeway without some support from within the establishment. But still it is clear that the support was not from Musharraf himself. It seems they were being backed by a non-state network which might include serving personnel as well as retired personnel like Hamid Gul. And such a non-state network would need large resources which might come from the drugs trade.

As regards Haqqani - he is carrying out attacks on Americans in Afghanistan.
I'm sure he needs a lot of money and weapons. It would be interesting to see where they come from.

The Lal Masjid fiasco is explained in two words - "Political patronage". Abdul Aziz was in fact detained with weapons in his vehicle in Islamabad at one point, and was released on the intervention of the then Federal Minister, Ijaz-ul-Haq (Zia-ul-Haq's son), who was apparently close friends with him.

The Mullah' brother's father, who set up the mosque, was an influential maulana, and the mosque was one of strong repute. Mosques have traditionally enjoyed a sort of "Holy Cow" status, and an increasingly belligerent clergy has abused that respect through illegal construction, land grabs etc. I do not find it surprising that given the political connections of the founder and his sons and the reputation of the institution, that it stayed under the radar. This was also a time when the danger of the taliban was shared by very few in the establishment.

Haqqani may be attacking the US, and may have carried out the Embassy bombing, but not with Pakistani support, overt or covert. Our 'deals' with Nazir and Gul Bahadur (in whose territory Haqqani seems to operate out of) are pretty open and widely covered. Heck, we provided his men with artillery support when he led the Laskar against Uzbeks and other foreigners under Mehsud. The US knows this.

On his funding, I think the 500 million USD through drugs, and the weapons trade through the CAR's offers enough to go around.

I have heard two versions so far - he is either from Bangladesh or Pakistan. Any confirmations?

The last name 'Kasav' doesn't sound Pakistani.

Need to wait Terrorist may try to hoodwink need to confirm his statements with the ground.

It is very rare for all countries except when Indians catch a terrorist.

The captured bloke spills out so much that novels can be written from his statement.

There is a possibility that they must have subjected him to Narco analysis but have not let out the infomation. Nowadays Narco analysis has become commonplace in investigations in India. Just my 2 cents

Access for ISI/FIA investigators to freely interrogate and corroborate all statements and evidence should remove doubts from our side I hope.

Again, a lot depends upon the atmosphere between the two nations going forward.

Yes, this is what needs to happen.

Wonder why so many people are automatically assuming the worst. I feel this is what would happen. If the evidence is good enough for the other agencies, it should be good enough for Pakistan.

So basically we will be chasing people that the Americans and Europeans tell us to chase even if they may have nothing to do with the attacks.

Oh, rest assured, they will have everything to do with the attacks.

You see, when it comes to protecting their citizens, the Americans and Europeans are far more serious than us South Asians.

Now 6 Israelis have been killed. And we know that no country in the world values the lives of their citizens more than Israel.
( Is it 6? can someone confirm?)

"As regards Haqqani - he is carrying out attacks on Americans in Afghanistan.
I'm sure he needs a lot of money and weapons. It would be interesting to see where they come from."

halaku,

Also see this thread. We have kept it somewhat updated in terms of how the drugs and weapons trade through Afghanistan and the CAR's, supported by many Northern Alliance and GoA leaders, funds the insurgencies in both Pakistan and Afghanistan.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/war-terror/12404-taliban-drug-weapons-trade.html?highlight=drug+trade

Yes, this is what needs to happen.

Wonder why so many people are automatically assuming the worst. I feel this is what would happen. If the evidence is good enough for the other agencies, it should be good enough for Pakistan.

Though I am trying to be optimistic, I am unfortunately convinced that no amount of evidence will be enough for Pakistan if it is supplied by India alone.

The move to involve international agencies was a very good one, because only international pressure will convince Pakistan of the validity of our evidence.

Here their citizens were also killed.

I meant that we may have to chase people who actually had nothing to do with the attacks just because the Americans and Europeans tell us to chase them.

I am sure many Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis were killed on 9/11 but I never heard that the US would accept what our government say concerning the attacks or whom to chase.

All I am saying is that the intelligence agencies of Bangladesh and Pakistan must have some input similar to the FBI and Scotland Yard before we are told to start grabbing people for the attacks.

Back
Top Bottom