What's new

Cancelled Russian LFI Project Now JF-17 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JF-17 program has absolutely nothing to do with Russian LFI project. It is entirely a Chinese/Pakistani project with Russian engine. All the rest is bla bla..

^^ Do you read my post ?

These are the kind of comments that derail a discussion.. but coming back to the point.. Are there any details of the the Pakistani engineers' role in this development from scratch considering the CAC had been working on this from 1985 with the help of a western collaborator and without it from 1991 (after being sanctioned by US) with Pakistan joining the project in 1995

Also on local production, I understand that the degree of indigenous manufacture is close to 50% and is expected to grow to 80% in 2010-11. Same is true with Su 30 where the indigenous manufacture is expected to reach 100% (including engine) in 2010

Questions you r asking in trolling kind of attitude is more derailing the debate.... You r constantly trying to say that Sukhoi is an an indian indiginous and in JF17 Pakistan has no contribution. This represent your narrow mindedness man....
India acquired sukhoi in ToT, but Pakistan engineers has developed it by their own hands from scrap....

You r constantly asking about the components Pakistan has contributed towards JF17 in trolling manner,,, Pakistan has contributed in each and everything of JF17 except engine. Have u understood that.. let me repeat each and everything except engine.

Lets assume that Pakistan has no contribution towards JF17, even than it is far better than LCA which is proved to be a waste of time and resources. At-least Pakistan has not wasted his money like LCA, which is not more than a junk.

I will advise you to take a cup of coffee, this may help you guys to digest the fact that Pakistan's own JF-17 is grabbing world's
eyes and has left LCA far far behind.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Well This is huge.

Thanks alot Sri Lankan

Perfect assignment for me in weekend. I will definately go to depth of it.

Thanks again Sri Lankan. Need to open same topic in other forums also to diversify discussion.

Indian seems to be happy here to some how prove jf-17 is a copy version of Russian LFI project.hmmmm...
So,isn't it shameful for u that first they helped Pakistan with their LFI project then later powered it with their own RD-93 engine,and still Putin assures u that we will not sell to Pakistan.
:disagree:
how pathetic.
WAKE UP INDIANS:lol:

Last edited:
The engine is a Russian Import with china Middle man.

No China as a middle man....
read this article

Why did Russia approve RD 93 engine sale for Pakistan's JF 17?

Russian initially blocked its sale of Kilmov RD-93 engine for JF 17 thunder saying the following as quoted by Colonel-General Anatoly Mazurkevich:

President Vladimir Putin personally supervised the deal and inked sanctioning documents, representatives of president’s administration specified. The deal was backed up by all parties concerned – Defense Ministry, Federal Industry Agency and Rosoboron export, which is the state exporter of weapons.

Now, I can understand that the deal was pure business on Russia's part, but why did'nt they care about the Indian Lobby's protest? Why irk India, when it is one of the principal buyers of Russian defence equipments at the expense of potential sale of 1000 RD-93 engines for Chinese export? Its simply not good business when they are many countries vying to get a piece of Indian defence contracts!!

http://*********************/forum/...pprove-RD-93-engine-sale-for-Pakistan-s-JF-17

Wake Up buddy...... and stop trolling. Russia has started inclining towards Pakistan.

We all know how authentic Wikipedia is? every Tom, Dick and Harry can go about editing pages and adding crap.

list here one true authentic link about JF-17's relevance to LFI ??? anyone???
JF-17 was derived from super 7 project and the original design has changed/improved over the time. There is a huge difference between copying and taking something as a base and than work on it to get a totally different thing.

Take the case of LCA! it was not invented from a clean slate like JF-17 and uses existing designs as base.

Wiki is very well edited by lots of contributors, it's in fact quite a reliable source.

Wake Up buddy...... and stop trolling. Russia has started inclining towards Pakistan.

No it hasn't. Russia sold the designs to CHINA, not PAKISTAN.

Frankly I believe the JF-17 is as much a joint project as the Su-30MKI, where Indian engineers integrated some Indian, Israeli etc components into a Russian aircraft.

Questions you r asking in trolling kind of attitude is more derailing the debate.... You r constantly trying to say that Sukhoi is an an indian indiginous and in JF17 Pakistan has no contribution. This represent your narrow mindedness man....
India acquired sukhoi in ToT, but Pakistan engineers has developed it by their own hands from scrap....

You r constantly asking about the components Pakistan has contributed towards JF17 in trolling manner,,, Pakistan has contributed in each and everything of JF17 except engine. Have u understood that.. let me repeat each and everything except engine.

Lets assume that Pakistan has no contribution towards JF17, even than it is far better than LCA which is proved to be a waste of time and resources. At-least Pakistan has not wasted his money like LCA, which is not more than a junk.

I will advise you to take a cup of coffee, this may help you guys to digest the fact that Pakistan's own JF-17 is grabbing world's
eyes and has left LCA far far behind.

:pakistan::china::pakistan::china:

Frankly I believe the JF-17 is as much a joint project as the Su-30MKI, where Indian engineers integrated some Indian, Israeli etc components into a Russian aircraft.

Is this your own assumption or as usual your Indian friend is telling you to say that. ;)

JF-17 was a whole new aircraft co-developed by Pakistan and China, whereas the Su-30 was an existing aircraft that India tweaked to it's requirements. There is a difference.......................

Basically, the difference between Pakistan and India's role in the development of their respective aircrafts is that Pakistan was involved with the FC-1 programme from the beginning whereas India was involved in the production of a variant of an aircraft already in production.
Services provided by both countries to their respective programmes are more or less the same.
Another difference is that, according to my information, the MKI are built by HAL with kits provided by Russia, We at Kamra build the whole aircraft there, although as I stated before, Avionics, Radar and Engine are brought from China, but that is only for the time being.
After the first fifty or so aircrafts, western systems will be adopted to improve the aircrafts capabilities, after the French Deal met a halt, the ASES system from Italy is being considered as a good alternative.
Structurally the aircraft will see changes as the frame will incorporate more composite materials and efforts will be made to reduce the radar cross section of the aircraft, the engine is also set to be changed, the new WS-13 or RD-93B engines will also be given TVN(Thrust Vectoring Nozzles) to improve manoeuvrability. These upgrades will make the aircraft a 4.5++ system.
So basically the JF-17 you see today is a mere prototype.

Understood.. So to summarize

The key difference is firstly in the stage of partnership.. India got involved in SU 30 after it became a proven platform and funded/contributed to improvements on an existing platform that were specific requirements of India.

On the other hand, Pakistan got involved with FC 1 in the initial stages itself, even before the 1st flight and funded/contributed to the platform itself which was built to specifications for PAF..

In both cases, India and Pakistan rode on the expertise of the primary developer (Russia and China). Both countries are contributing more or less in the same way towards the construction and servicing of the planes and both are striving for a 100% indigenous manufacture.

The other key difference I see is in the ownership rights. If I read it right, Pakistan will have an equal stake in the exports of the plane, where as India does not have any such option with Su 30..

Wiki is very well edited by lots of contributors, it's in fact quite a reliable source.

do you know Wiki is not regarded as a source in acadameic and professional circles? Since you are in Austrlia i am sure you went to school or uni here , Wiki is not a credible source

and now on a more serious note!!
Dude why are you embarrassed of your Indian nationality and why hide behind Chinese flag? Trust me it doesn't make your post any authentic !! i have read your posts on other threads and you have always opposed china and pakistan.

trust me i have lots of Sino friends and collegaues here and they are very patriotic

now stop pretending you are chinease

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom