What's new

Cancelled Russian LFI Project Now JF-17 Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the MiG izdeje 33 design

MiG-33 FULCRUM

Product 33

The name MiG-33 was used twice. Once for a single engined light strike fighter intended to be a direct competitor of the F-16, and more recently for the heaily upgraded version of the MiG-29.

The first design of a very light new-generation fighter was prepared by Mikoyan in the early 1980s, when design work also began on the heavy fighter, the MFI (sometimes known as the 1-42). The result was 'Product 33' powered by a single RD-33 engine from the MiG-29. It was of conventional design, appearing similar to the US Lockheed Martin F-16.

Although work on Product 33 became well advanced, it was not ordered due to the air force's reorientation towards multi-role aircraft - the lightweight Product 33 could be used for close air combat only. The basic Product 33 design was offered by Mikoyan to China as the FC-1 fighter.

33x7oxx.jpg

This is Yak-43....compared to F-35 not F-16 or JF-17

Who cares whether it is produced by Russia or China Pakistan..As long as it serves the purpose (Killing Indians) It's alright.

zilfzm.jpg

This is YAK series.......not equivalent to JF or F-16

fake report by anti Pakistan countries
i search & u can also search on Wikipedia,no proof of tot to china or transfer the project to china

No solid proof of this, anybody can log into wikipedia and make stuff up. I looked at the references and there is no reference provided for "sold to China".

I wonder what a stupid topic we are discussing right here , Cant believe it.

No proofs just Wiki BS enough to provide some stupid Indian Kids with Crackers .

Where ever did the design come from , what really matters is WHERE IT IS FLYING !!

Oh i remember , people have been trying to Make their OWN jet for last 30 years to satisfy their False patriotism & now they ended up puting an American Engine , French Design & Electronics.

I wish you would have made yourself a paperplane rather ! At least it Flies .

this is already known, all chinese projects are orgined in russia and some extent to israel like j-10. but tat dosent matter both are inducted

The development of this fighter, the improved copy of Soviet MIG-33 (which R&D was terminated due to absence of money at the beginning of 1990s), started at Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp., in 1994-95.

More exactly, MIG-33 designers resumed this terminated project in Moscow under supervision of experts from Chengdu city and with financing from PLA. In 1995, Chengdu Corp. purchased 100 units advanced RD-93 jet engines, for the future FC-1, at Klimov Aircraft Corp. in St. Petersburg.

In 1997-98, Pakistani Air Forces joined this project; Pakistan provided significant part of R&D financing and is obliged to purchase one half of the future FC-1 production. Despite all the efforts, the project dealt with a lot of problems, and only at the beginning of 2001 did it enter the last stage.

Chinese Airshow a Hit With the Military

Some great info

How it can be a copy of MiG-33 when not a single prototype, rather a mock up was ever manufactured, and how many have you seen a MiG-33 in pictures. Copy is of something which exists, not of something which was on the drawing board or was in imaginations.

And whatever seems sweet to ears becomes great info.

And as said provide one picture of a non-US design with DSI intakes which was copied by JF-17, or say China copied the DSI intakes from F-35. And which aircraft other then F/A-18 has LERX as huge as JF-17.

The development of this fighter, the improved copy of Soviet MIG-33 (which R&D was terminated due to absence of money at the beginning of 1990s), started at Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corp., in 1994-95.

More exactly, MIG-33 designers resumed this terminated project in Moscow under supervision of experts from Chengdu city and with financing from PLA. In 1995, Chengdu Corp. purchased 100 units advanced RD-93 jet engines, for the future FC-1, at Klimov Aircraft Corp. in St. Petersburg.

In 1997-98, Pakistani Air Forces joined this project; Pakistan provided significant part of R&D financing and is obliged to purchase one half of the future FC-1 production. Despite all the efforts, the project dealt with a lot of problems, and only at the beginning of 2001 did it enter the last stage.

Chinese Airshow a Hit With the Military

Some great info

Developing as great a fighter as JF-17 in less than 5 years and making it fly is a considerable achievement, not to mention a squadron being inducted within 10 years of the start of it's development. Not to mention the plane has already proven it's worth in Air-to-ground role in the North-West while most F-16s BLK 15 pilots are impressed with it and claim it to be better.

Let's talk about the LCA...........

Yes, JF-17 is flying as front line fighter......where LCA has no engine and radar.......and will be thrown in scrap

Cant u stop trolling without proof?
Cant u look in ur own collar and keep ur cake hole shut ?
Dude ur talking about our exports while u couldnt make a decent rifle in decade?
Exclude JF and see our defence exports are million of $$ higher then urs.
Also try egyptian,azerbaijan in deals for this bird........
Also if we go my parts and stamping them cos of them...then im sorry india makes nothing not even tht dhruv heli coz everything of it is foriegn even the design.
Advise= Give respect and take respect.

We are talking about JF-17

not whatever helps you make your point.

Where did LCA come into the picture, where did exports other than the JF-17 come into the picture.

Where did personal attack come into the picture.

and where did comparing India and Pak come into Picture.

Just because i have India flag you crit India , if i had other flag you plan using the same arguments.

if you cant limit you self to JF-17 , that is if you are incapable of defending it using its own merits. then don't post.

I am only talking JF-17 your are the ones trolling off topic posts.

tell me when they get them.

Last i checked no orders were placed , Considering the recent French pull-out , will that have any effect of the negotiations.

Developing as great a fighter as JF-17 in less than 5 years and making it fly is a considerable achievement, not to mention a squadron being inducted within 10 years of the start of it's development. Not to mention the plane has already proven it's worth in Air-to-ground role in the North-West while most F-16s BLK 15 pilots are impressed with it and claim it to be better.

Let's talk about the LCA...........

We would be happy to know Pakistans Hand in this so called wonderful achievement Jf-17

The thread dosent question the airworthiness of this fighter..... The worthiness is clear when China is taking a long time to get it inducted into the PLAAF

With pleasure, open a different thread, we would certainly talk about it

Hey guys, please don't deviate from the topic. Stick to the discussion about whether JF-17 was a copy of the projects mentioned above, or just don't post.

"F-2 or project Dassault 45 was a french project of making a light weight fighter aircraft to counter the continuous threats of Soviet based aircrafts which were gaining huge reputation in market but due to some technical problems the project went into the favour of mirage-2000 and the project Dassault 45 was sold secretly to India at a cost of 600million which made the basis of LCA"

Now this report is as true as the report for jf-17 regarding mikyoun 33 or whatever

n indian members dun dare to ask me that wat are the proves i have and dun dare to ask me to provide the pics of Dassault45 project as you yourself are argueing on jf-17 as a russian design and romanian design without these basis and proves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom