What's new

Canada foils 'al-Qaeda inspire' terror attack on train

Having a terror attck has become status symbol for many western countries.
Now that big daddy USA had one,every little copycat is tryimg to chip in.

Ofcourse you are right.

Because there is no such thing as Islamic terrorism...a fiction of our collective imagination.

I don't understand some trolls here, we almost became to victims to another terror attack and some people are calling false flaggs on that, it is disgusting the nature of some people here, no sense of respect what so ever but remember lets not paint the same brush on everyone!

OK boss, agreed. In real life I do not, but this forum makes me :)

BTW did you watch pyaasa yet?

Its like asking me to prove whether you are a human or not. Other than bogus revelations of Iranian-Alqaeeda friendship in western media.......Nobody has ever been able to prove that Iran has ever worked in close collaboration with Al qaeeda. Only the fools high on western propoganda will fall for this crap........and that includes some islomphobes from a particular country.....chai anyone? How about curry? :omghaha:

OK boss, agreed. In real life I do not, but this forum makes me :)

BTW did you watch pyaasa yet?

My friend I need to improve my urdu/hindi first and I am not getting alot of practice lately but as soon as universitie is over, i am definitely going to watch the movie on my ordinateur and hopefully without subtitles. Surprisingly inde movies have lots of urdu words like Dev Dhas(1917 book adaption, i still like the book better ;)) so I get practice on my urdu langue as well, win-win .

Its like asking me to prove whether you are a human or not. Other than bogus revelations of Iranian-Alqaeeda friendship in western media.......Nobody has ever been able to prove that Iran has ever worked in close collaboration with Al qaeeda. Only the fools high on western propoganda will fall for this crap........and that includes some islomphobes from a particular country.....chai anyone? How about curry? :omghaha:

Are you saying CSIS is incompetent, stop insulting my country's agencies because I never make fun of Pakistan ever so why do you insult the agencies's conclusion. The charges will be laid on these two individuals and the justice will be served and also according to some in media, this plot was worse than Toronto 18 plot so this is definately a big story and just reflects on how good our agencies . Also on the side note, the most significant thing for this investigation monsieurs is that our system still works without giving our liberties for security like yanks. I can also speak some urdu and may be there is some confusion in my statement or may be I said something in a totally wrong way mon ami.

Its amazing the misguided delusion that convinces such people to act in this manner. I wonder what is accomplished by killing innocent people? Ironically, the whole extremist movement takes advantage of the very freedoms they seek to destroy. That such people were not kept from even entering the country outright is the reason they came so close to bringing harm upon one of the most peaceful nations on the planet. The proverbial clean slate extended to foreigners when they come to the west has often been the crucial advantage terrorists have employed to blend in with the population, until it is time to strike. The travesty then, is the struggle faced by those who come to the likes of Canada for the simple purpose of making a better life for themselves. They must deal with the suspicion and discrimination that follows these events.

Over the last three decades, extremism has destroyed the lives of many a people who have not the faintest of connections to any conflicts. It is nothing but cowardice that compels individuals to prey upon people who cannot fight back. Crimes committed in retaliation for perceived injustices in faraway lands not only rob those victims of legitimacy, they garner the kind of ill will and hatred that can only lead to more bloodshed. In the end, whether one agrees with the specifics of the war on terror or not, it is impossible to make a case for ending of hostilities, if every little while, scores of innocent people die or are on the verge of dying at the hands of people from that region.

The Pakistanis and other Muslims among us may be able to differentiate between the delusional few who strive for only destruction and those of us who want nothing more than a prosperous and peaceful life. But that is the perspective borne in us simply due to a life spanning two vastly different nations. Expecting a Canadian or an American to understand how Muslims want nothing but peace, all the while every other explosion can be traced to an Islamic extremist organization, is sheer folly. While a majority, those of us who condemn such actions aren't loud enough and fade into the background. And while a minority, those who live to inflict harm on the innocent will continue to vociferously promote their misguided ideals and come across as the majority.

I don't understand some trolls here, we almost became to victims to another terror attack and some people are calling false flaggs on that, it is disgusting the nature of some people here, no sense of respect what so ever but remember lets not paint the same brush on everyone!

Just telling you when you read a news take with a pinch of salt.No matter what they Iran and Al Qaeda just don't add up.And I don't think those suspects names are really Iranian.They sound Tunisian.

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Raw%2BVideo/ID/2381161977/[/video]

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Raw%2BVideo/ID/2381163938/[/video]

The commissioner has a thick accent but still understandable and it is all bilingual!
To folks questioning the news, the commissioner and safety minister gave the official statement on this development'e

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Raw%2BVideo/ID/2381161977/[/video]

[video]http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Raw%2BVideo/ID/2381163938/[/video]

The commissioner has a thick accent but still understandable and it is all bilingual!

But Al-Qeda can't possibly have any heavy presence in Iran..Iran isn't exactly kosher with them..hell ALQ fighters are busy trying to kill Assad in Syria who happens to be their ally. :undecided:

Its amazing the misguided delusion that convinces such people to act in this manner. I wonder what is accomplished by killing innocent people? Ironically, the whole extremist movement takes advantage of the very freedoms they seek to destroy. That such people were not kept from even entering the country outright is the reason they came so close to bringing harm upon one of the most peaceful nations on the planet. The proverbial clean slate extended to foreigners when they come to the west has often been the crucial advantage terrorists have employed to blend in with the population, until it is time to strike. The travesty then, is the struggle faced by those who come to the likes of Canada for the simple purpose of making a better life for themselves. They must deal with the suspicion and discrimination that follows these events.

Over the last three decades, extremism has destroyed the lives of many a people who have not the faintest of connections to any conflicts. It is nothing but cowardice that compels individuals to prey upon people who cannot fight back. Crimes committed in retaliation for perceived injustices in faraway lands not only rob those victims of legitimacy, they garner the kind of ill will and hatred that can only lead to more bloodshed. In the end, whether one agrees with the specifics of the war on terror or not, it is impossible to make a case for ending of hostilities, if every little while, scores of innocent people die or are on the verge of dying at the hands of people from that region.

The Pakistanis and other Muslims among us may be able to differentiate between the delusional few who strive for only destruction and those of us who want nothing more than a prosperous and peaceful life. But that is the perspective borne in us simply due to a life spanning two vastly different nations. Expecting a Canadian or an American to understand how Muslims want nothing but peace, all the while every other explosion can be traced to an Islamic extremist organization, is sheer folly. While a majority, those of us who condemn such actions aren't loud enough and fade into the background. And while a minority, those who live to inflict harm on the innocent will continue to vociferously promote their misguided ideals and come across as the majority.

My brother that was a very good analysis on this situation but we do not need to worry as the saner Canadien muslim voices will always prevail over these pseudo-islamistè. We have sacrificed and bled together with our countryman and our sacrifices against terrorismè are a testament to our commitment for the Canadienne constitution and the charter rights of freedom. The big thing from this story was that we proved monsieur Thomas jefforson`s point that one does not need to give up liberty for the sake of some temporary security!

Are you saying CSIS is incompetent, stop insulting my country's agencies because I never make fun of Pakistan ever so why do you insult the agencies's conclusion. The charges will be laid on these two individuals and the justice will be served and also according to some in media, this plot was worse than Toronto 18 plot so this is definately a big story and just reflects on how good our agencies . Also on the side note, the most significant thing for this investigation monsieurs is that our system still works without giving our liberties for security like yanks. I can also speak some urdu and may be there is some confusion in my statement or may be I said something in a totally wrong way mon ami.
I never doubted the credibility of your agencies(csis? I have never even heard of it and you are alleging that I insulted it)..........But I do doubt the authenticity of this news....Americans have been running their propoganda machine against Iran for decades and I wouldnt be surprised if Canada has joined in. I am sure that living in west, you get to witness plenty of media coverage about Irans "evil nuclear ambitions"......but do they they ever bother to inform the masses that the Iranian nuclear program was intiated by the Americans? :)

I never doubted the credibility of your agencies(csis? I have never even heard of it and you are alleging that I insulted it)..........But I do doubt the authenticity of this news....Americans have been running their propoganda machine against Iran for decades and I wouldnt be surprised if Canada has joined in. I am sure that living in west, you get to witness plenty of media coverage about Irans "evil nuclear ambitions"......but do they they ever bother to inform the masses that the Iranian nuclear program was intiated by the Americans? :)

Good point mon ami, I am just shocked from this news and so are the folks in the Canadienne militarie forum because these type of plots are uncovered but the sheer scale is simply appalling. Canada only has problem with Iran`s human right problems and our defence minister`s wife is iranian to be frank and she is always demanding the government to keep pressuring Iran on their human rights record.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazanin_Afshin-Jam"[/URL]

To be honest, you have to admire her work and in fact her stance is more aggressive than government`s on iran and it is great to see the empowerment of Canadien muslim females working on welfare of others in principle of islam(sorry not preeching islam,just making a point, i will delete the religion part if it offends you).

Back
Top Bottom