What's new

Can Indian cinema go global?

I told you people heard of only "Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon" and that was a Kung Fu Movie. I read CNN and BBC regularly and never read about any other Chinese movie. Most of your international brand like Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee etc. are from Kung Fu background. Chinese film industry still lacks maturity apart from showing Kung Fu. Your definition of global presence means G-8 countries( But people watch our movies in UK, US and Canada.) :triniti:

Let me enlighten you out of your ignorance:

In the Mood for Love

Fallen Angel

Raise the Red Lantern (with the young and beautiful Gong Li)

Lust, Cuation

Farewell my Concubine

Last edited by a moderator:
As more and more international production houses comes to India, the recognition of Indian cinema is growing farther. Lately this has been the trend. International production houses producing Indian movies.

Well, I like 3 Idiots a lot, and I know several Indian movies have gained popularity in China in recent years, esp. among the youngsters, such as "Taare Zameen Par", "My name is Khan". It seems that Uyghur appreciate Indian movies much more than other Chinese.
I think most Indian filmmakers focus on domestic market and churn out too many commercial films, which gives them less incentive to produce art films. Whether Indian cinema can go global is for the contents of Indian movies to tell.

As for China, ironically, even when so many Chinese art films have won well-known rewards, more have been censored and banned for certain reasons. I do believe that those films not been able to go public are high-rated, at least some of them.

indian cinema already went global.... Heather graham the most beautiful actress of movie the hang over, the guru etc etc in india's goa and wanted a role in bollywood and guess what? She got the role. Sharukh khan gave her bollywood ticket. Click here
Shahrukh Khan gifts a ticket to Bollywood to Heather Graham

Just 2 days ago hollywood actor rob schneider came in india and still on indian tour. Man he made indians laugh by his comedy and danced on bollywood item number. Click here
Rob Schneider, Hollywood star |Rob Schneider|Stand-up comedy|Deuce Bigelow | The New Indian Express

by the way tom cruise coming india with his family on 2nd december next month and will roam around india's beautiful cities. also singer pitbull on indian tour will be in mumbai, pune and banglore. indian cenema alot famous around world.... its an golden era of bollywood....

Sorry, I cannot enjoy the Indian cinema or TV. They can never produce a dark, modern drama like 《蜗居》 (Narrow Dwellings) or a movie even similar to the caliber of 《80后》 (The Post 80's Generation).

Anyone should watch 《80后》 for an idea of what a modern Chinese film is about.

@fairandunbiased i don't give sh1T About chinese movies either.... World likes bollywood and u cant do sh1T About it. They are FREE and live in Free nation and they can watch anything they want unlike china who dont even let a live sport telecast.... Everything controld on chinese tv. By the way your loving nation pakistan's people crazy about bollywood. Even after goverments restriction they still watch bollywood movies.... Better start to make chinese movies famous atleast in pakistan first.... Then think about 'WORLD'.

@fairandunbiased i don't give sh1T About chinese movies either.... World likes bollywood and u cant do sh1T About it. They are FREE and live in Free nation and they can watch anything they want unlike china who dont even let a live sport telecast.... Everything controld on chinese tv. By the way your loving nation pakistan's people crazy about bollywood. Even after goverments restriction they still watch bollywood movies.... Better start to make chinese movies famous atleast in pakistan first.... Then think about 'WORLD'.

You're angry. You can't be fair and unbiased when angry. If everyone likes bollywood, convince your former colonial masters in London to like Bollywood before bragging about it.

Mainstream Bollywood fare is mostly unwatchable. But if you scratch this glossy useless exterior, there are a number of good movies. Just last week I watched a movie "Ek Chalis ki last local", a 2007 movie I had barely heard about. Amazingly underrated movie.

@fairandunbiased this is the link specialy for you. Read it when u have time. Bollywood famous around world.... Not many knew in india where is peru but they know BOLLYWOOD. Read it.... Winning movie awards is More or less Sh1T. Winning peoples heart around world is what everything. Read this real story
Bollywood craze grips even Peru

You're angry. You can't be fair and unbiased when angry. If everyone likes bollywood, convince your former colonial masters in London to like Bollywood before bragging about it.

That "fair and unbiased" crap again. Sorry buddy, no one is fair and unbiased. You cant just ride the gravy train forever. And Indian cinema is not just about Bollywood either.

Bollywood after taking over america and uk by storm now in Australia.... Read on
Perth Corporate Entertainers | Burlesque | Cabaret | ** BOLLYWOOD Hens Night Party Package **

There are African movie parties too. I bet Africa has alot of soft power. :lol:

Fact is, India is seen as a poverty stricken, sub-Saharan Africa style preindustrial wasteland filled with medieval style superstition and fundamentalism. Per capita energy use is below 19th century standards and indeed, below sub-Saharan Africa.

Its funny how fascist turds have contradictory avatar names. Faithful guy, peaceful, assorted Chinese fauna and this new turd on the block.

If you want your local movies to go global, they should at least look like this(Currently planned for a nationwide US distribution).

This movie is relevant to Chinese posters because half of the movie takes place in China during the second Sino-Japanese War(Hence Fan Bing Bing in the cast), where Chinese soldiers are portrayed as cannon fodders and human bullet shields, followed by the Normandy in second half.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are African movie parties too. I bet Africa has alot of soft power. :lol:

Fact is, India is seen as a poverty stricken, sub-Saharan Africa style preindustrial wasteland filled with medieval style superstition and fundamentalism. Per capita energy use is below 19th century standards and indeed, below sub-Saharan Africa.

Careful, your Idiotic Quotient (IQ) showing up.

Back
Top Bottom