What's new

Can Indian cinema go global?

Unless tastes have very recently changed, in the United States (the world's biggest media market), Bollywood is just the butt of jokes. So this soft power is just Indian fantasy.

only those cinemas can go global which are made in global language. in today's world only lang which is global is english, that's why hollywood is famous all over the world. no matter how good the industry is but unless the work is not in english it can't claim itself to be global industry.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Unless tastes have very recently changed, in the United States (the world's biggest media market), Bollywood is just the butt of jokes. So this soft power is just Indian fantasy.

indian movies are for indian audiences & not for american audience. bollywood doesn't care abt what American ppl or any other thinks abt them.

If you want your local movies to go global, they should at least look like this(Currently planned for a nationwide US distribution).

This movie is relevant to Chinese posters because half of the movie takes place in China during the second Sino-Japanese War(Hence Fan Bing Bing in the cast), where Chinese soldiers are portrayed as cannon fodders and human bullet shields, followed by the Normandy in second half.

No one in the US has heard of this Korean flick. Then there's reality. And the real irony is that Koreans have always been the human body shield between great powers for at least the last 1,000 years. As history always has a way of repeating itself, Korea is setup to be a great human body shield again in this century.

Last edited by a moderator:
only those cinemas can go global which are made in global language. in today's world only lang which is global is english, that's why hollywood is famous all over the world. no matter how good the industry is but unless the work is not in english it can't claim itself to be global industry.

French, Scandinavian, Spanish and German movies have been globaly successful since decades.

Götterdämmerung;2343244 said:
French, Scandinavian, Spanish and German movies have been globaly successful since decades.

but i haven't seen any movie from these industries neither my friends or anyone known to me . in india most ppl don't even know if there is any french, spanish, german or Scandinavian movie industry. euorpe & americas is not the whole global world my friend.

Götterdämmerung;2343244 said:

Mr. FairandUnbiased,
Didn't know they screen all that in China... Isn't there like a limit or something ? I heard china has a limit on the maximum number of foreign movies that can be screened in a year. Or did you visit Germany recently ?

Mr. FairandUnbiased,
Didn't know they screen all that in China... Isn't there like a limit or something ? I heard china has a limit on the maximum number of foreign movies that can be screened in a year. Or did you visit Germany recently ?

Loser, did I say anything about screening in China?

Err, I'm sitting right now in Germany, loser.

Götterdämmerung;2343427 said:
Loser, did I say anything about screening in China?

Err, I'm sitting right now in Germany, loser.

Ah i see....so how long is your vacation in Germany ? :) Its got to be pretty cold this time of the year....

Bad time to travel....

I have all year round vacation in Germany - unless I have to fly to Shanghai for a week for business. Isn't it cool?

The weather is never to cold or to hot, you just have to wear the right clothes.

Back
Top Bottom