What's new

Bollywood musical programme captivates Uzbekistan, strengthening cultural bonds

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
In a captivating display of India's soft power, a Bollywood-themed musical program has taken Uzbekistan by storm, gaining immense popularity and showcasing the deep admiration for Hindi films in the Central Asian nation. The hit television show, Bollywood Battle, aired on the local channel Sevimli TV, features competitors reenacting iconic scenes from famous Bollywood songs, receiving accolades for their performances.

The final episode of Bollywood Battle welcomed distinguished guests, Indian ambassador to Uzbekistan Manish Prabhat and his wife, Ruchi Narain. The Indian ambassador Prabhat commended the show, stating that it has "created a little piece of India" and contributed to a heightened understanding of culture between the two nations. Emphasising the strong friendship between India and Uzbekistan, he expressed that "Uzbekistan loves India, and India loves Uzbekistan."

The final episode of the show paid tribute to legends of the silver screen, including Vyjayanthi Mala, Raj Kumar, and Rajendra Kumar, who enacted a song from the classic 1964 film, Sangam. This nostalgic gesture resonated deeply with the audience, reflecting their enduring fondness for Bollywood films, spanning back to the era of Soviet Uzbekistan.

During the Soviet era, the annual Tashkent International Film Festival of Asia, Africa, and Latin America regularly featured Bollywood stars such as Raj Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, and Amitabh Bachchan. The joint production efforts between India and Uzbekistan filmmakers, including films like Alibaba aur 40 Chor and Sohni Mahiwal, further solidified the cultural exchange. These movies, co-directed by Umesh Mehra and the late Latif Faizyullaev, were shot in Uzbekistan, leaving an indelible mark on both nations' cinematic history

n 2021, the Tashkent International Film Festival was revived, welcoming Indian delegations with notable stars like Randhir Kapoor and Mithun Chakraborty. The resurgence of Indian movies being shot in Uzbekistan has reignited the longstanding bond between the two countries. However, the demand for Indian movies and soap operas in Uzbekistan far exceeds the current supply, creating an opportunity for enhanced commercial appeal.
The thriving popularity of. and the revival of the Tashkent International Film Festival underscore the strong cultural ties between India and Uzbekistan. The allure of Hindi cinema continues to captivate Uzbek audiences, fostering a mutual appreciation of art and entertainment. The success of Bollywood Battle in Uzbekistan also serves as a testament to the enduring influence of Bollywood and India's soft power on the global stage.

I have seen some videos where Uzbekistanis singing classical Hindustani ragas. Good to know about this soft power.

Sang perhaps better than the original song...

40424 - SoyBooru.png

"Listen warld, Pasooori song belongs to Hindistan!!!! Paaaaaaakistan stole this song from us and even the original artists are Indiaaaaaan!!!!"

I find bollywood very cringe but soft power to hai. Years ago in Egypt a cabbie couldn't stop gushing about Amitab Bacchan upon learning that I'm Indian.

Waay back in the day Raj Kapoor was the bees knees in soviet Russia, "mera joota hai japani" was all the rage lol

I find bollywood very cringe but soft power to hai. Years ago in Egypt a cabbie couldn't stop gushing about Amitab Bacchan upon learning that I'm Indian.

Waay back in the day Raj Kapoor was the bees knees in soviet Russia, "mera joota hai japani" was all the rage lol

He must have mistaken you for being Amitabh bhai LOL

The Arabs and Russians generally like to suck Indian balls when it comes to tree jumping Bolly's LOL

Let's face it man. Bollywood is absolute crap. The songs are shit. The acting is shit. It is just all round soft shit that defies logic.

He must have mistaken you for being Amitabh bhai LOL

The Arabs and Russians generally like to suck Indian balls when it comes to tree jumping Bolly's LOL

Let's face it man. Bollywood is absolute crap. The songs are shit. The acting is shit. It is just all round soft shit that defies logic.
Man, that cabbie could sing the songs too, remembered all the characters Amitab had played, he'd go into great detail about this or that scene.. I didn't know shit, proper twilight zone scene. :sarcastic:

Just trying to be friendly I guess, people think all Indians are into movies and cricket, we're not... I do like the cricket but no bollywood for me, thnx.

Arabs been hosting some award shows as well as offering their places for shooting (they get promo out of it), lotsa new TV shows and movies, many shot in the emirates.. they love it. Don;t understand why, but I guess it works for India overall.

Man, that cabbie could sing the songs too, remembered all the characters Amitab had played, he'd go into great detail about this or that scene.. I didn't know shit, proper twilight zone scene. :sarcastic:

Just trying to be friendly I guess, people think all Indians are into movies and cricket, we're not... I do like the cricket but no bollywood for me, thnx.

Arabs been hosting some award shows as well as offering their places for shooting (they get promo out of it), lotsa new TV shows and movies, many shot in the emirates.. they love it. Don;t understand why, but I guess it works for India overall.

Bollywood is crap. You must admit. Indian actors jump in trees defying the laws of nature.

Bollywood is crap. You must admit. Indian actors jump in trees defying the laws of nature.
it sells

you should watch the new Shahrukh one, Pathaan, was a big kerfuffle about it not that long ago.

it sells

you should watch the new Shahrukh one, Pathaan, was a big kerfuffle about it not that long ago.

It does sell. Goes to show how stupid and cringe people are LOL

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom