What's new

Can India be cunning?

e

Interesting to see the culture of strategic thinking taking roots in India.May it continue for long.

This video was released in February 2014 . I had posted this video long time ago.

" Can India be Cunning ? " - K Subramaniyam Memorial Lecture

Personally I am a great fan of Mr Kishore Mahbubani ....He is a seasond Singaporean diplomat and was once President of United Nations !!!

I like his way of thinking and analysis .

Many more of his interesting write-ups on Asia ,China , India can be found here .

Kishore Mahbubani

Is it a real question .."Can India be".. we are decedent of Chanakya?? real question is.. if we are willing to do it !!!

Is it a real question .."Can India be".. we are decedent of Chanakya?? real question is.. if we are willing to do it !!!

The amount of dirty politics that is prevalent in India, one would have assumed India to be extremely adept at the international level

But sadly the culture of strategic thinking and long term goals was absent in our foreign policy.

Thats why Modi's disregard for protocol and inviting leaders of SAARC nations( and Mauritius) such welcome sign that things are changing.

Excellent lecture. We must balance China against the US. With both courting India for geo-strategic reasons, it would be a win-win situation for India.

We must play our cards well. With Modi at the helm, I have hope! :tup:

India showed that it still has a ways to go as far as being considered "cunning" on the world stage, with the extreme reactions to the arrest of an embassy worker late last year.

Unfortunately I feel that will have lasting effects on a relationship that was otherwise positive and growing.

India showed that it still has a ways to go as far as being considered "cunning" on the world stage, with the extreme reactions to the arrest of an embassy worker late last year.

Unfortunately I feel that will have lasting effects on a relationship that was otherwise positive and growing.

The "extreme reaction" was completely justified. It was better to kill such "positive and growing relation" before it could harm us. This was one of the "correct" foreign policy decisions made by the spineless, confused MMS government. In fact the major credit goes to the Foreign Secretary Jujatha Singh.

We humiliated the US government and it's diplomatic staff, we defeated the western media propaganda, we set an example for the other nations to follow against the arrogant and self-righteous western governments, the only language they understand clearly.

The "extreme reaction" was completely justified. It was better to kill such "positive and growing relation" before it could harm us. This was one of the "correct" foreign policy decisions made by the spineless, confused MMS government. In fact the major credit goes to the Foreign Secretary Jujatha Singh.

We humiliated the US government and it's diplomatic staff, we defeated the western media propaganda, we set an example for the other nations to follow against the arrogant and self-righteous western governments, the only language they understand clearly.

I would have to say this proves my point entirely.

Someday you will gain self-confidence as a nation, which will allow you to make measured and proportionate responses to perceived slights by others.

The answer is no. While we quote chanakya, look back at our history apart from chanakya we can quote very few for a civilization that has flourished for 1000's of years.

If few hundred people could take over almost the entire world (the british) that cunning. Indians basically lack self confidence, you have solution to world problem written in your scripts .. do you advocate it effectively ?

The problem is Indians prioritize religion; belief and caste first, then education; intellectual thinking & common sense. But things are changing with education level rising, we have a transformation society that is ready to take the world head-on but the population of them are small comparatively

The reaction were not extreme, it was sort of a tit-for-tat reaction, basically what nailed it was the US insulting Indian judicial system. While there was a case going on against the servants husband, US sneaked him out of the country challenging our courts. Not a smart move i would say ... shows pure arrogance on part of the US

can India be cunning???

o_Oo_Owhaaaa???
isnt d answer obvious,,,,,we r hindu baniyas afterall:taz:
haha no, you see ... there are so many HUF businesses but very few of them make it big ... and they are running for 100's of years ... our long term goals are missing

I would have to say this proves my point entirely.

Someday you will gain self-confidence as a nation, which will allow you to make measured and proportionate responses to perceived slights by others.

Unfortunately we did not elect our government because it promised to make a good impression on the mighty USA. In fact such criticism/response from the other side proves that our government did something right. The actions were supposed to pinch and they did.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom