What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

Pak-India are very low per capita income countries(living standards are closely related to sporting achievements).
second is investment in areas where football is first sport. In Pakistan's case sadly these are backward ; Balochistan, Fata, Layari,GB etc, can comment on such areas of India

so your sarcasm proves my point...
Sachin was the fastest on the field not because he was short, but because he was fitter than most other players....

Thanks for the support...lol

short , fat and fast ... never heard of that before :lol:
but like they say 'dil ko khush rakhany ka liyay khiyal acha ha'

We should learn fron the rivalries between Argentina and Brazil- South Amrikan vs Europe- Persian Vs Arab in football- instead if avoiding they let the sports football sort out their differences-
Even Neymar was supporting argentina in the final like we support each other in cricket when it comes to final between an asian and some non asian country-

I hope we learn to keep politics out of sports-
I play football and I love watching football. And I also follow Asian football. I would love to see India and Pakistan succeed in football because most of the Asian teams are a disgrace for football. Most of the Asian teams are only able to cheat and to waste time. But neither India nor Pakistan do that in football or in any other sports because cheating is not part of our culture.
We would rather lose than to give up our pride and honor by cheating and thats why I would love to see India and Pakistan succeed in football.

The following clips are unfortunately very common in Asian football:

On this topic we two nations are on the same side. Can we ever produce footballers to be on top 50 countries ever? I mean in our life time, say in 50 years?

Or is it something that has to do with Genetics, tradition, culture etc.?

@levina @gslv mk3 @gslv @JD_In @rockstar08 @nair @Ravi Nair @Indischer @HariPrasad @JonAsad @Spring Onion @Jaanbaz @Jazzbot @Tshering22 @Sidak and other Pakistani and Indian members. Time to ponder!!

Why should it take that long??

And genetically (what i am about to say might earn me few brick bats) Indians seem to have lesser stamina compared to the Pakistanis, thats what I have noticed in Cricket matches...as in our players get easily injured and are much shorter compared to their Pakistani/WI or Australian counterparts.
Now dont tell me Maradona ,Messi,Tendulkar are all short.

Ah stop the flaming on this one.

I would love to see India v Pakistan world cup match.

very difficult to predict whether we can make it to the list in our lifetime ..ppl are crazy for cricket and sport ministry doesnt seem to be intrested in seriously promoting other sports like soccer...there is NO infra in place to become a world class soccer team...everyone wants to become Sachin and Dhoni...[synonyms to money and fame]...Look at Hocky our national game, there are no takers, I dont expect huge investment in developing soccer in India..

And genetically (what i am about to say might earn me few brick bats) Indians seem to have lesser stamina compared to the Pakistanis, thats what I have noticed in Cricket matches...as in our players get easily injured and are much shorter compared to their Pakistani/WI or Australian counterparts.

may be we can make movies on football like Chak De India and spread the awareness... :-)

may be we can make movies on football like Chak De India and spread the awareness... :-)
Awareness??
Naahhhh...I am sure channels like ESPN and Sony must have made enough money for spreading soccer awareness in India this season.
Its just that nobody is ready to invest in the game least of all our Govt.

Awareness??
Naahhhh...I am sure channels like ESPN and Sony must have made enough money for spreading soccer awareness in India this season.

It should not be the government who funds football (NOT SOCCER!) associations but businesses and the Fifa.

Dont worry, with each world cup more and more Indians start getting into football and one day, probably after the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, business men will see how much potential football in India has.!

Ah stop the flaming on this one.

I would love to see India v Pakistan world cup match.

India and Pakistan in a world cup final?
Not in a hundred years :lol:

Awareness??

agree, large number of Indians watched the FIFA 2014. I was surprised when my elder bro asked me on the day of football final as what time is the match, as I am in Europe and following the game so closely :-) .....it was surprising for me, he is a director in one of the well known group of companies and he had never watched foolball match before... :-)

short , fat and fast ... never heard of that before :lol:
but like they say 'dil ko khush rakhany ka liyay khiyal acha ha'

How about the proof is in the pudding...

If short and fat = Legend...Give me legend...whether you believe he's fast or not!

As an Iranian, I would say, if our retard players could make it through the world cup, then why not you guys,
You even don't need, special managing system or fundamental structures, as we don't have such things and we have managed into the world cup, what you guys need is just self confidence.
BTW, just say'n, football is the most corrupted, lame, retarded game ever, investing in volleyball, handball, basketball, ... are much more worthy.

Last edited:
It is possible to qualify for the world cup. You would only be competing with the Asian teams and most nations in Asia don't have a football culture like Europe or South America. Some of them have worked hard and built better infra structure and training facilities over the years and improved. There is no reason why with a similar approach we can't reach that stage.

In a country of 1 billion you will find all kinds of people. Genetics is not the real issue here.

There is no reason why with a similar approach we can't reach that stage.

True, once our business leaders and some people in the FIFA (some already have!) see the potential of football in India (Likely during 2022`s WC in Qatar), we can make it into a WC. But thats gonna take time and patience.

I mean we even lost against Afghanistan during the qualifications :(

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom