What's new

Can India and Pakistan ever make it to football world?

On this topic we two nations are on the same side. Can we ever produce footballers to be on top 50 countries ever? I mean in our life time, say in 50 years?

Or is it something that has to do with Genetics, tradition, culture etc.?

@levina @gslv mk3 @gslv @JD_In @rockstar08 @nair @Ravi Nair @Indischer @HariPrasad @JonAsad @Spring Onion @Jaanbaz @Jazzbot @Tshering22 @Sidak and other Pakistani and Indian members. Time to ponder!!

Japan, Korea, Iran & Australia will not give a chance. :p:

Most stupid comment I read today. :tup:

But of course you will soon come up with proof to support this claim

Oh, apparently I was wrong. This one is worse

Whats there to prove?

Its the sport we should be playing as poor country...Its more affordable and does not require a massive investment in specialized equipment...
Did you happen to miss the rest of my post?

Also, do look at where this sport is most popular barring europe...
Its the most popular sport in the world because most of the world is poor and plays soccer!!!

Care to point out the stupidity in my logic?

Japan, Korea, Iran & Australia will not give a chance. :p:
We don't need chance- we need determination and support from government-
I have seen some very talented Pak Ind individual s of football playing with and against each other in Saudi Arabia- the reason being football as a support is popular in Saudi Arabia and we have facilties available-
Now all the talent is gone thanks to some stupid policies by the racists Saudis- they provide grounds and fascilities to saudis playing football while arrest and humiliate non saudis who play football cricket or any other sport in the streets-

we all talk about..
culture... lack of facility... lack of funds.. lack of gene...govt support..
lack of xyz..

just a example..
if these guy play against the best of football .. then each country .. any country can do .. if they want to..
upload_2014-7-14_23-44-18.png

We have talent but hopeless from this current government. They have no interest. Even our system is wrong. Political based appointments. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
Whats there to prove?

Its the sport we should be playing as poor country...Its more affordable and does not require a massive investment in specialized equipment...
Did you happen to miss the rest of my post?

Again, if you think that all you require to play professional football are 22 men, a ball and a field, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about the matter.

These are some of the requirements for one national team alone:
Managers, trainers and their staff, physicians, cooks, infrastructure, analysts etc etc etc...

And to get to such a level you obviously need to train young men from early on. A proper football league with all its organizational needs, promotion of football classes, more infrastructure and soo much more.

You got absolutely no idea about the enormous amount of planning, team spirit, tactics, infrastructure, science, medical research etc etc etc which are ALL needed to compete on international levels.

Oh trust me I do!!

But it all starts with the basics which is generating an interest in the players...Why do you think Africa plays soccer and NOT India? Do you think India does not have the money or the capability to build infrastructure around Football? It starts with the interest...

On the street level, Indians play cricket...in africa, its soccer...and thats wherein lies the basic difference...the ground root.

We should really be playing soccer...

we all talk about..
culture... lack of facility... lack of funds.. lack of gene...govt support..
lack of xyz..

just a example..
if these guy play against the best of football .. then each country .. any country can do .. if they want to..
View attachment 38628

You know that this happened likely due to massive government funding and help?

Although no one can know what actually happened in that nation

Make Mullah Radio Pakistan's head coach. :sarcastic:
Actually if Pakistan takes it seriously and provide sufficient funds for football board I think they can scramble a good team. In days of university we had lot of foreigners from African and Arabic countries, some of them were of Pakistani descent. They are very passionate about football. All we saw them was playing football and in evening rubbing IODEX on legs :D. If we gather some good talent and offer them nationalities we can create a mix to get things started. Believe me all they need is to perform in some big events and then you will see nation turning passionate about football.

You know that this happened likely due to massive government funding and help?

Although no one can know what actually happened in that nation
--
if only govt funding will work..
india should won all criket world cup ...
USA sould win scooer or nay other sport hand down..
if you compare what happnes in dprk and what they did .. it more than enough...
--
nigeria war ton country but still the are their

Again, if you think that all you require to play professional football are 22 men, a ball and a field, you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA about the matter.

These are some of the requirements for one national team alone:
Managers, trainers and their staff, physicians, cooks, infrastructure, analysts etc etc etc...

And to get to such a level you obviously need to train young men from early on. A proper football league with all its organizational needs, promotion of football classes, more infrastructure and soo much more.

Ok, im quite convinced we are talking about apples and oranges here...

If you simply want to blind yourself to the fact that soccer on the ground level is a sport that even the poorer countries can indulge in, i cant help sit here and convince you...

You are talking about the final product, ie. a reputed national team while im speaking of building an interest from the ground up...

What did you think we are all numbskulls here not knowing what goes into developing a world class team??
Dont argue just for the sake of it...

Oh trust me I do!!

But it all starts with the basics which is generating an interest in the players...Why do you think Africa plays soccer and NOT India? Do you think India does not have the money or the capability to build infrastructure around Football? It starts with the interest...

On the street level, Indians play cricket...in africa, its soccer...and thats wherein lies the basic difference...the ground root.

There should be enough people interested in football (stop calling it soccer pls) in India. With each WC, more and more people get the chance to watch games and they do so!

In some parts of India, like Kerala, soccer is extremely popular. People turned up in masses to see Maradonna when he came to visit Kerala some time ago.

But I agree, interest is important. If the corporate world sees the enormous potential of Indian football and start investing in it, things can change.... slowly but better late than never.

--
if only govt funding will work..
india should won all criket world cup ...
USA sould win scooer or nay other sport hand down..
if you compare what happnes in dprk and what they did .. it more than enough...
--
nigeria war ton country but still the are their

Governments dont fund sport like you thing, except in nations like North Korea maybe, companies use funding as PR tactics. Thats how football associations get most of their money!

There should be enough people interested in football (stop calling it soccer pls) in India. With each WC, more and more people get the chance to watch games and they do so!

In some parts of India, like Kerala, soccer is extremely popular. People turned up in masses to see Maradonna when he came to visit Kerala some time ago.

But I agree, interest is important. If the corporate world sees the enormous potential of Indian football and start investing in it, things can change.... slowly but better late than never.

I agree...football it is!! Living in the US we have a different "football" and sometimes I forget the audience...

See i think the Indian football league thats about to start will be a great step in the right direction....which might provide the infrastucture you speak of about developing a team and players...
But i would love to see the kids in Mumbai playing football instead of cricket...and hope that change happens soon.

Im originally goan...Goa is much like Kerela and Bengal where soccer is quite the rave..

Governments dont fund sport like you thing, except in nations like North Korea maybe, companies use funding as PR tactics. Thats how football associations get most of their money!
--
i know govt dont work like that..
--
even criket came in in real force when in aus onedays got new look feel ...
cricket is thriving because of comapnies are sponsering...
companies sponsoring because peole wathc it...
--
any sport grown on people likes which convert in to companies marketing.....
see for exa,
World Kabaddi League to take game to 3 continents | Business Standard News
ProKabaddi.com - Official Website for the Pro Kabaddi League
--
hockey is national game
sppporited by govt
but in shambles ven supported by feew corporates too..
--
it need holistic approch to build world class team

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom