What's new

Can China repeat its 1962 military humiliation of India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they didn't capture the South Tibet ? :azn: ... India was not even in a position of defending itself let alone launch an offensive into Tibet forget Xinjiang ... Ever looked at the map ? :lol:

I wonder if capturing Aksai Chin was just a small advance :P

india actually got arunachal and aksai chin is of no use and its barren land and arunachal was part of tibet earlier.

The india u see now is different from past even in geography.

and aksai chin under china have made impossible for U.N to implicate its resolutions on kashmir.
:D

now laugh kiddo :P....

india actually got arunachal and aksai chin is of no use and its barren land and arunachal was part of tibet earlier.

now laugh kiddo :P....

So , India didn't control South Tibet before the war ? :azn: ... Let me help you a little , kid ... Google NEFA ... Why did the PLA give them back to India ? :lol:

During the war in 1962, the PRC captured most area of Arunachal Pradesh. However, China soon declared victory, voluntarily withdrew back to the McMahon Line and returned Indian prisoners of war in 1963. The war has resulted in the termination of barter trade with Tibet, although in 2007 the state government has shown signs to resume barter trade with Tibet.[18]

I am already laughing at the posts of a fan boy called " Enemy " here :D

So , India didn't control South Tibet before the war ? :azn: ... Why did the PLA give them back to India ? :lol:

I am already laughing at the posts of a fan boy called " Enemy " here :D

According to James Calvin, an analyst from the U.S. Navy, India gained many benefits from the 1962 conflict. This war united the country as never before. India got 32,000 square miles (8.3 million hectares, 83,000sq.km.) of disputed territory even if she felt that NEFA was hers all along. The new Indian republic had avoided international alignments; by asking for help during the war, India demonstrated her willingness to accept military aid from several sectors. And, finally, India recognised the serious weaknesses in her army. She would more than double her military manpower in the next two years and she would work hard to resolve the military's training and logistic problems to later become the third-largest army in the world. India's efforts to improve her military posture significantly enhanced her army's capabilities and preparedness.[8] This played a role in subsequent wars against Pakistan.

Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I m not informed about indo china conflict too much but as per wiki result was status Quo

I m not informed about indo china conflict too much but as per wiki result was status Quo

Common sense dictates that South Tibet cant be considered as " gained " by Indians if it was already controlled by their country before the war and if PLA returned it back and withdrew to their " perception of the border " while retaining Aksai Chin - something which they didn't formally control :azn:

Quo means " no territorial changes " which isn't the case ...

Common sense dictate that South Tibet cant be considered as " gained " by Indian if it wasn't already controlled by their country before the war and not if PLA returned it back and withdrew to their " perception of the border " while retaining Aksai Chin - something they didn't formally control :azn:

Quo means " no territorial changes " which isn't the case ...

i told as per wiki and Mc Line was british made which was unaccepted to china.Chinese dint withdrew due to their own wish but in actual they were not in position to do so.They got stretched here and had to go back even after gaining advancement.
Arunachal was part of tibet earlier and even dalai lama talked with india to give control of south tibet to tibetans since they lost rest of tibet and thrown out but india rejected it and made it as integral part.

Do india negotiate with china on arunachal? no.. this was not the case earlier and chinis had to accept sikkim as part of india which they dint do earlier and they tried for it but dint get success

i told as per wiki and Mc Line was british made which was unaccepted to china.Chinese dint withdrew due to their own wish but in actual they were not in position to do so.They got stretched here and had to go back even after gaining advancement.

Do india negotiate with china on arunachal? no.. this was not the case earlier and chinis had to accept sikkim as part of india which they dint do earlier and they tried for it but dint get success

I read it well before ... Yes , it was but the question I am asking is that " Was South Tibet controlled by China before the war ? " ... Only then can you consider it something gained after the war and declare victory ... Sorry , thats a negative , Houston ... Logistically , yes ... But why were you so keen to accept a unilateral ceasefire ?

Yep it does , the same that is done with Aksai Chin ... Sikkim was an Indian protectorate before as far I have understood because it wasn't again administered by China ever ! Or the Indians here are counting every single territory and considering them " gained " after '62 war ? :lol:

Arunachal was part of tibet earlier and even dalai lama talked with india to give control of south tibet to tibetans since they lost rest of tibet and thrown out but india rejected it and made it as integral part.

You are wrong the Chinese won no matter how India benefited from the loss. That is the same sh*t people try to push here in the states when they talk about the crusades, they say oh the crusaders got owned BUT they got spices and learned how to clean their ***** so it benefited them and focus on that aspect while refusing to just put it bluntly that it was a military and diplomatic blunder on the part of the Europeans but I digress.

Now let us talk about Arunachal Pradesh what is the importance of this region? At first glance it seems none really but then you see the amount of resources in that land and you realize what the real issue is. Now in 1962 the Chinese practically over ran all the Indian North East and the question is why? Was it the ineptness of the Indian Army? The answer is no, although the Indian army was overly under prepared their training, equipment, and desire to fight had no real affect on the outcome of that war. Even if they were prepared for the Chinese invasion they would have been overrun. Now Indians will say but how can this be? The answer is pretty simple, it is called geography. North East India is easy to attack and hard to defend (do not ask me why go look this up for yourself). That is why the Chinese overran the area so easily. Now the second question is if they had captured the land they claim belongs to them why did they vacate this said land so quickly? Now this has to do with a variety of reasons. First one must understand what was going on in the rest of the world at the time, the US and USSR were embroiled in the Cuban Missile Crisis and Mao Zedong (the genius that he was) used this to his full advantage. Knowing that the US would not just stand around if the largest democracy on the planet was overrun especially by a communist army Mao waited for the perfect moment to strike. That moment was the Cuban Missile Crisis and so he struck when the US/USSR were preoccupied. Now why did he fall back after achieving most of his objectives?? The CBC had just ended and the US was willing to listen to Nehru who argued for direct intervention to save India, to which the US decided to just send supplies. Mao saw this so he relented and removed his forces from NE India but kept Aksai Chin. If India had won they would have pressed to continue the war but Nehru was desperate to end the fighting by that time. The reason why India didn't make much of a fuss initially that the Chinese kept Aksai Chin was that they knew it was barren and they were right on that part BUT the strategic importance of this barren land was overlooked. Aksai Chin gives the Chinese the high ground and advantage in any future conflict against India. In the future should a war ever erupt they can roll down they armored division straight into IOK followed by New Delhi itself and then Mumbai to boot. Sure Indian Armour would put up a fight but it is much easier to fight going downhill than fighting an enemy coming down on you from higher ground (for obvious reason). The nuclear card is the only thing that keeps an aggressive China at bay from India as there is no telling what is the red line for India before they go nuclear (even though they claim no first use if New Delhi was about to be overrun I am sure they would reconsider).

In conclusion China won, Mao was a strategic genius (although a psycho murderer but that is another story for a different thread), and life goes on. :cheers:

You are wrong the Chinese won no matter how India benefited from the loss. That is the same sh*t people try to push here in the states when they talk about the crusades, they say oh the crusaders got owned BUT they got spices and learned how to clean their ***** so it benefited them and focus on that aspect while refusing to just put it bluntly that it was a military and diplomatic blunder on the part of the Europeans but I digress.

Now let us talk about Arunachal Pradesh what is the importance of this region? At first glance it seems none really but then you see the amount of resources in that land and you realize what the real issue is. Now in 1962 the Chinese practically over ran all the Indian North East and the question is why? Was it the ineptness of the Indian Army? The answer is no, although the Indian army was overly under prepared their training, equipment, and desire to fight had no real affect on the outcome of that war. Even if they were prepared for the Chinese invasion they would have been overrun. Now Indians will say but how can this be? The answer is pretty simple, it is called geography. North East India is easy to attack and hard to defend (do not ask me why go look this up for yourself). That is why the Chinese overran the area so easily. Now the second question is if they had captured the land they claim belongs to them why did they vacate this said land so quickly? Now this has to do with a variety of reasons. First one must understand what was going on in the rest of the world at the time, the US and USSR were embroiled in the Cuban Missile Crisis and Mao Zedong (the genius that he was) used this to his full advantage. Knowing that the US would not just stand around if the largest democracy on the planet was overrun especially by a communist army Mao waited for the perfect moment to strike. That moment was the Cuban Missile Crisis and so he struck when the US/USSR were preoccupied. Now why did he fall back after achieving most of his objectives?? The CBC had just ended and the US was willing to listen to Nehru who argued for direct intervention to save India, to which the US decided to just send supplies. Mao saw this so he relented and removed his forces from NE India but kept Aksai Chin. If India had won they would have pressed to continue the war but Nehru was desperate to end the fighting by that time. The reason why India didn't make much of a fuss initially that the Chinese kept Aksai Chin was that they knew it was barren and they were right on that part BUT the strategic importance of this barren land was overlooked. Aksai Chin gives the Chinese the high ground and advantage in any future conflict against India. In the future should a war ever erupt they can roll down they armored division straight into IOK followed by New Delhi itself and then Mumbai to boot. Sure Indian Armour would put up a fight but it is much easier to fight going downhill than fighting an enemy coming down on you from higher ground (for obvious reason). The nuclear card is the only thing that keeps an aggressive China at bay from India as there is no telling what is the red line for India before they go nuclear (even though they claim no first use if New Delhi was about to be overrun I am sure they would reconsider).

In conclusion China won, Mao was a strategic genius (although a psycho murderer but that is another story for a different thread), and life goes on. :cheers:

you completely lost your balance referring to bolded part…do you think China and India is like US and Afghan? 62 was not a full fledge war either and had it been, Chinese would have had their part of humiliation

And, before you open your big mouth, go and read about Indian army and its strength…When it will come to do or die, it will be a game of real strength for both the parties…..

You are wrong here :) ....it will be grateful even if china manages to cross arunachal even..
you have no idea of IA strength at all .. :)

you completely lost your balance referring to bolded part…do you think China and India is like US and Afghan? 62 was not a full fledge war either and had it been, Chinese would have had their part of humiliation

And, before you open your big mouth, go and read about Indian army and its strength…When it will come to do or die, it will be a game of real strength for both the parties…..

Perhaps you are right but I figure the PLA is still stronger at least right now, things may change in the future when IA receives all of its pending deliveries, platforms, etc.

:lol: right.

china has no historical problems with india except for the border issue.
only japan is our true enemy from centuries of history.

india never even gets mentioned in chinese media, vast majority of chinese are neutral on india.
while in indian media you guys are obsessed with everything china.

we are competing against the US, not against jokes like india.

Lol, we're competing against the US too. Our media just says it to give the Chinese a gloated ego and false pride.

Sometimes i wonder if this forum is called "Indian Defence Forum", Since there is more Indians than Pakistanis in this site. !

This thread has run its sad course... geez people, come up with a better topic to discuss than spewing hatred!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom