What's new

Can anyone tell me why India and Pakistan don’t get along?

We are talking about Pakistan which is here and now ..... not some so-called carefree and prosperous guys living in the UKs of the world.

Majority of even those who work in foreign countries are hard working Pakistanis and are not apolitical. They don't talk politics because they are more concerned about earning money and retaining their jobs than joining and talking political entanglements.

Are you seriously lecturing me on how Pakistanis and Indians in the UK think? I hope your not.

In brief, even those who do know a little about the politics of their homeland, don't let it get in their way, the majority only get patriotic during the odd Indo-Pak cricket match.

They get along and I'm sure it's the same in the rest of the Western World. I have many Indian friends.

The problem with Few "Historian" Pakistanis are that they have confused Identity crisis. When we talk them that are you "son of soil" then they will show family roots somewhere in Middle east from Saudi to Iran to Turkey but then they will claim IVC to their history. Only those who are officially converts can logically claim the traditional culture of region. So tell me your choice?

Sir, It was a Bouncer actually. Can we have in layman's language what do you want to convey?

Look, there are people here whose ancestry links them to Central Asia, Turkey, Arab world, Iran etc etc. And obviously as they have roots in those countries, they express the linkages. whats wrong with that.

But large majority of the people who live here have done so over thousands of years and have the linkages to their ancestors who were either Hindus at one time or were Buddhists at other times or were neither.

You guys say that the people who have ancestral linkages with foreign countries are outsiders and should go back. Well, these people have also lived here for centuries and now call it their home.

Whats the big deal. Is it because we are Muslims and as Muslims have linkages to the Muslim world which creates problems for you or that we are the scions and hold the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization that bothers you.

We were Hindus, Buddhists and are now Muslims. and are locales of Indus Valley.

Well India and Pakistan as a country might not get along well but Indians and Pakistani as human beings can get along well and i have observed it after living in foreign countries for many years

What constitutes a country Sir - cows and buffaloes.

Are you seriously lecturing me on how Pakistanis and Indians in the UK think? I hope your not.

In brief, even those who do know a little about the politics of their homeland, don't let it get in their way, the majority only get patriotic during the odd Indo-Pak cricket match.

They get along and I'm sure it's the same in the rest of the Western World. I have many Indian friends.

I have many Indian friends too and we get along fine.

But we are talking about the two countries here and not individuals who may be friendly with each other.

I am not saying that the two countries should not live in peace with each other - they must seek peace. But on equal terms as two independent and sovereign states.

India talk friendship but has over 80% of her armed forces deployed against Pakistan.

India talks friendship but is not ready to solve the intractable issues on equal terms.

India talks friendship but opposes Pakistan in most of world fora.

Here on PDF, just see their remarks and then think for a while.

Visit some of the indian discussion forums and see how they name our country and feel about Pakistan.

For me it was an unbelievable awakening and literally opened my eyes.

I still want to live in peace with India - but on equal terms and with dignity and honour.

Is it asking too much. I don't think so.

No, i mean establishment and at political level. For example i did not like the policies of bush and blair but at the same time i had nothing against all Americans or British.

There is a small difference - they are not your neighbours.

Look, there are people here whose ancestry links them to Central Asia, Turkey, Arab world, Iran etc etc. And obviously as they have roots in those countries, they express the linkages. whats wrong with that.

But large majority of the people who live here have done so over thousands of years and have the linkages to their ancestors who were either Hindus at one time or were Buddhists at other times or were neither.

You guys say that the people who have ancestral linkages with foreign countries are outsiders and should go back. Well, these people have also lived here for centuries and now call it their home.

Whats the big deal. Is it because we are Muslims and as Muslims have linkages to the Muslim world which creates problems for you or that we are the scions and hold the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization that bothers you.

We were Hindus, Buddhists and are now Muslims. and are locales of Indus Valley.

What constitutes a country Sir - cows and buffaloes.

Now you are slowly coming on the track. You can't claim 2 roots simultaneously. If you were belonging to any religion and then changed it to Islam, You have absolutely full right on the history we shared and I have mentioned the same in my earlier points. The point is then Will your religion will allow to accept the same?

So If you claim IVC and it has roots in Vedic civilization which is based on Vedas holy book of Hindus and it supports few points which Islam rejects like idol worshiping hence accepting it becomes "Shirk". I hope you dont want to do that.

The points is Faith, believe and history sometimes get confusing but once we start seeing it in overall way then i think people will get the answers and for this I respect Iranians.

@Ticker

The backstabbing you are talking about, Indians feel exactly the same and we must sit down and see other peoples perspectives.

Nawaz Shariff went to India to talk peace with Vajhpaee Saab and we know what Musharraf was plotting whilst he was away. The rest is history.

@ Ticker,
Never get impacted with Internet warriors. They write what they want to write here and sometimes posts in different places are just done by kiddos who have warm bloods and just ready for die the country and they fight even on Ghazals by Maestro in Youtube.

These are not the real people. Even I am not!

I have many Indian friends too and we get along fine.

But we are talking about the two countries here and not individuals who may be friendly with each other.

I am not saying that the two countries should not live in peace with each other - they must seek peace. But on equal terms as two independent and sovereign states.

India talk friendship but has over 80% of her armed forces deployed against Pakistan.

India talks friendship but is not ready to solve the intractable issues on equal terms.

India talks friendship but opposes Pakistan in most of world fora.

Here on PDF, just see their remarks and then think for a while.

Visit some of the indian discussion forums and see how they name our country and feel about Pakistan.

For me it was an unbelievable awakening and literally opened my eyes.

I still want to live in peace with India - but on equal terms and with dignity and honour.

Is it asking too much. I don't think so.

Pakistan talks friendship and and sends an infantry regiment into a bunch of peaks in India.

It criticises India for the actions in Junagadh, but doesn't consider it's own position on Kashmir unfair.

Pakistan has been helping Kashmiri militants at least until 2005, they only stopped when these militants tried to kill Musharaff.

Pakistan criticises every decision India makes.

Pakistan refuses to hand over the terrorists responsible for 26/11.

Pakistan blames all of it's failures on RAW.

Here on PDF, all the Pakistani trolls make threads and posts about "India the failed Hindutva terrorist state". When anything good happens to India, we get a million threads on here criticising it.

Happy?

Now you are slowly coming on the track. You can't claim 2 roots simultaneously. If you were belonging to any religion and then changed it to Islam, You have absolutely full right on the history we shared and I have mentioned the same in my earlier points. The point is then Will your religion will allow to accept the same?

So If you claim IVC and it has roots in Vedic civilization which is based on Vedas holy book of Hindus and it supports few points which Islam rejects like idol worshiping hence accepting it becomes "Shirk". I hope you dont want to do that.

The points is Faith, believe and history sometimes get confusing but once we start seeing it in overall way then i think people will get the answers and for this I respect Iranians.

Dude what you actually mean when you say claiming 2 roots? Let suppose your son/daughter change his/her faith and become Muslim on 9 sep then will they born on 9 sep? What about their existence before 9 sep? You will not remain his/her dad because they are not Hindu any more ? You mean they would be your children only if they worship idols the way you do?

You should remember that Islam is not always against culture. Muslims were belong to different culture,tribes and beliefs before converting into islam. Islam don't oppose any culture as long as it dont contradict with basic beliefs of Islam.Many Prophets in Islamic history had blood relatives who did not converted in islam but still they were treated with kindness and love because islam ask you to treat your parent with love and kindness even if they are non muslim and doing something which islam dont approve.

It don't matter if they are my neighbour or not. I care about humanity. If someone respect me and treat me without any kind of bias, prejudices or hatred then i do the same for them no matter which nationality,religion or background they from

@Ticker

The backstabbing you are talking about, Indians feel exactly the same and we must sit down and see other peoples perspectives.

Nawaz Shariff went to India to talk peace with Vajhpaee Saab and we know what Musharraf was plotting whilst he was away. The rest is history.

No its not backstabbing.

We are two different countries and have our own interests like Indians have theirs.

The hate that I have seen is real.

And don't we know what the Indians did since 1947.

Nawaz Sharif knew exactly what was happening. The man is lying. People have come out and have said it openly now.

Anyways, it is not an emotional bhai bandi between countries. It is the interests that prevail. And that is how it should be in this world of real-politik.

No its not backstabbing.

We are two different countries and have our own interests like Indians have theirs.

The hate that I have seen is real.

And don't we know what the Indians did since 1947.

Nawaz Sharif knew exactly what was happening. The man is lying. People have come out and have said it openly now.

Anyways, it is not an emotional bhai bandi between countries. It is the interests that prevail. And that is how it should be in this world of real-politik.

Regardless of whether Nawaz was lying or not, do you understand that from an Indian perspective, it did feel like a backstabbing?

When the IVC was predominantly Buddhist and not Hindu, did the roots differ or remained the same. The IVC is now Muslim but it is the same IVC, the same people - only the religion is different.

And here you are wrong when you say that the roots lay in Vedic civilization. Which Vedic civilization are you talking about. Which time frame. Many who follow Hindu religion say that it is a mythology.

What was the originating period of Rig Veda - when was it written.

There are many historians, even Indian who say that the places mentioned in Rig Veda are not the geographical impositions on ground.

It is indeed a lengthy discussion.

But I firmly stand by my belief that we the people of Pakistan are the scions of and hold the cradle of Indus Valley Civilization.

Back
Top Bottom