What's new

Bypassing Advani, BJP appoints Modi as the chief chairman of 2014 polls

I dont think Advani is fighting for PM post ,Reason is something else ...

BJP cadres have different view than the its leadership?

how will his resignation harm NDA or affect? postive or negatively?

BJP workers are very much with the decision made yesterday to elevate Modi to the top... & most of the NDA allies are pretty much on the right side of this decision barring JD(U), which obviously wants to keep it's share of votebank from both sides of the aisle. Resignation of Advani will have some repercussions as he is still the head of alliance. However things may change depending on ground realities come 2014.

I dont think Advani is fighting for PM post ,Reason is something else ...

I'm just struggling to see any other reason. Obviously... he is not happy with Modi's elevation..& bitterness is so deep, he decided to make his resignation letter public. Should there be any other reason... he could have tried to resolve it internally. Knowing full well that there is immense support to Modi.. he still decided to go against the mood of the party supporters. There has to be some personal agenda to this whole fiasco.

BJP workers are very much with the decision made yesterday to elevate Modi to the top... & most of the NDA allies are pretty much on the right side of this decision barring JD(U), which obviously wants to keep it's share of votebank from both sides of the aisle. Resignation of Advani will have some repercussions as he is still the head of alliance. However things may change depending on ground realities come 2014.

shiv sena is not exactly happy to have modi as PM candidate...not sure about akalis.. who else left as ally...

I was answering a quote about polarisation of votes by Varun led to his victory.................Now Babri Masjid was demolished on 6th December 1992..................I was wrong..........But Narsihma Rao was the PM then & Kalyan Singh was the CM of UP

Thanks for few rectifications

shiv sena is not exactly happy to have modi as PM candidate...not sure about akalis.. who else left as ally...

Shiv Sena will go with the majority. As such they never displayed their unhappiness towards Modi. It's just that Bal Thakaray thought Sushma Swaraj would make a good PM & this was well before there was any talk of Modi moving to central politics. Now that has changed, so will Shiv Sena's stance.

@arp2041 @anyone can Modi really become PM next year? Whilst things look promising on one side, many commentators are saying it is simply impossible for him to get the number of votes and the election is not very far away and STILL he has not said he will be running for PM in 2014? This seems pretty silly- he could be out on the road campaigning trying to swing voters.

Mate, i had already answered this question.

Modi is the BEST BET for NDA (With or Without JDU):

Narendra Modi is NDA's trump card for 2014 Lok Sabha polls, reveals Headlines Today C-Voter survey : North, News - India Today

As for declaration of PM candidacy, it now solely lies in his own hands......

Party has said clearly to him - We have made you the campaign chief, you decide who will fight, you decide how we will fight the elections, etc.......

Just get us the nos.......

If he do get the nos., no one can stop him from being the PM.

+ Advani is now thinking solely about himself, that is pretty clear......

The country wants Modi today, who the hell he is to stop the currents??

EDIT: Sorry for saying this my Indian Friends:

But We Indians are suffering from SLAVE mentality of 1000 Years of Foreign Rule.

We can't stand a Leader who can Promise to make India a Powerful nation.

If something is going RIGHT, 100 others will make sure it doesn't happen.

You have NO right to blame anyone else for the Pathetic state of our Great Nation.

WE DESERVE TO REMAIN IN SLAVERY. PERIOD.

LET THE CONGRESS RULE FOR ANOTHER FIVE YEARS NOW WITH SHRI RAHUL GANDHI JI AS PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. You are wrong .....for all practical matters Advani is irrelevant. He was head of NDA as he was head of BJP...without that post how can he possibly survive as NDA Chairman :angel: .....what does he bring to the table except for his own ambition ?

JD(U) was anyway not planning to remain in BJP and Modi was just Red Herring. BJP has also decided to contest all 40 seats in Bihar alone. BJP have asked their party workers to work towards winning all seats in Bihar alone, however the declaration for the same will be take only just before the elections or when JD(U) openly withdraws support from the NDA.

Right now neither BJP nor JD(U) wants to appear as the one who instigated the split as it will create a public impression of a betrayer.

However JD-U might take Advani's resignation as a opportunity for a splitting from NDA. But JD-U split from NDA is pretty much given and even Bihar BJP has taken it for granted. Maharajganj defeat of JD(u) was a message to Nitish as non of the BJP workers there asked the voters to vote for JDu candidate. Even Nitish knows this but cannot admit it in public as he will become a laughing stock.

2. Advani's resignation is a clear attempt to derail BJP chances if they dare to proceed ahead without him as the head. Keshubhai Patel did the same thing in Gujarat. Advani's position is clearly compromised by his earlier attempt to block Modi and now this pathetic piece of drama; He will never again command any respect from anybody serious. Advani knows this so this must be seen as a desperate attempt .........

3. Shiv Sena has no problem with Modi. In fact they were keen for BJP to appoint Modi as election campaign chief and head of BJP. Modi will swing votes in Maharashtra where Shiv Sena is their poll partner and they stand to gain from votes due to Modi. Bal Thackrey only suggested Sushma Swaraj name to the press to prevent BJP/Modi from getting too close to Raj Thackrey and MNS.....that was his desperate attempt to keep Shiv Sena relevent in Maharashtra and NDA for his son, Uddhav thackrey. This again is know to most serious political analysts. BJP has taken cognizance and have limited their interactions with MNS.

4. Akali and AIADMK is firmly with Modi.

5. Only Mamta i.e. TMC & Telegu desam party is suspect.....but if BJP gets enough seats they will join NDA.

I'm just struggling to see any other reason. Obviously... he is not happy with Modi's elevation..& bitterness is so deep, he decided to make his resignation letter public. Should there be any other reason... he could have tried to resolve it internally. Knowing full well that there is immense support to Modi.. he still decided to go against the mood of the party supporters. There has to be some personal agenda to this whole fiasco.

I suspect the caste factor ,May be he dont want a Backward caste Hindu to be Prime minister ....

I suspect the caste factor ,May be he dont want a Backward caste Hindu to be Prime minister ....

LOL ....... Advani himself is a Sindhi which is a super minority in India (not even 1%) and is from Sindh, Pakistan. Caste will hardly be a consideration for him :P

I very much doubt that. If anything... it's the ego. Old man was PM in waiting for so many years now. & his lifetime ambition was to become India's PM once atleast. It's unfulfilled dream that is causing him so much pain.. hence this blatant display of frustration out in the open.

@arp2041 @anyone can Modi really become PM next year? Whilst things look promising on one side, many commentators are saying it is simply impossible for him to get the number of votes and the election is not very far away and STILL he has not said he will be running for PM in 2014? This seems pretty silly- he could be out on the road campaigning trying to swing voters.

It will become impossible, yes, if BJP do not concentrate on Rural regions of India, where his achievements must be showcased.
They hold the key to Horse course road, Delhi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom