What's new

Business trip to Saudi Arabia in November, what do?

Tiberius

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
My company participates at a commercial exposition in a saudi arabia city called jeddah and im part of the mechanics send there. I have some questions.

Our Hotel is called Ascott Sari Hotel. Is this good?

How is food there? Do you can get normal stuff like pizza, pasta, burgers ect?

How is internet working? Wlan easy accessable?

I do bodybuilding and train each day 2h. Can i do free training in a local fitness center without long contract?

How is security for italians / europeans? Can i walk around freely?

Any things to do in freetime?

In restaurant, is it common to give tip? How pay best? I have mastercard, is it working there?

SO unfortunate for KSA. It is not safe for you... and you will be constipated and scared at the same time..you would want to shit but nothing will come out..remember because you're constipated...

Last edited:
My company participates at a commercial exposition in a saudi arabia city called jeddah and im part of the mechanics send there. I have some questions.

I do bodybuilding and train each day 2h. Can i do free training in a local fitness center without long contract?

In restaurant, is it common to give tip? How pay best? I have mastercard, is it working there?

Like this

1. It varies depending on where you get the food from. Yes, you do get stuff like burgers and pizza.

2. The internet works, but it won't be that fast (it should get the job done though). Censorship is also rampant but this can be bypassed easily via a VPN.

3. One benefit of brutal authoritarian punishments is that they cause crime rates to plummet. Saudi Arabia is very safe.

4. You can watch a movie, go to the beach, eat at at a restaurant, etc. Basically, the normal things (but there's no bars, nightclubs or anything of that nature).

5. Nobody really tips, but it's still a good gesture. Tipping should be done in cash.

1. It varies depending on where you get the food from. Yes, you do get stuff like burgers and pizza.

2. The internet works, but it won't be that fast (it should get the job done though). Censorship is also rampant but this can be bypassed easily via a VPN.

3. One benefit of brutal authoritarian punishments is that they cause crime rates to plummet. Saudi Arabia is very safe.

4. You can watch a movie, go to the beach, eat at at a restaurant, etc. Basically, the normal things (but there's no bars, nightclubs or anything of that nature).

5. Nobody really tips, but it's still a good gesture. Tipping should be done in cash.

Dont need fast internet. Just for chatting with my girl, family and friends.

As for cash, is it easy to get Euro changed there in the local money?

Dont need fast internet. Just for chatting with my girl, family and friends.

As for cash, is it easy to get Euro changed there in the local money?
“Zain” is pretty good if you want good internet packages.
Yes. Go to money exhanger, you’ll get the currency you need.

Fo fitness centres, they have 3 months, 6 months and 1 year contracts. It depends how long you are staying.

Check if your hotel has its own gym. You can workout there without signing a contract.

Saudi is extremely safe. You can go to the malls, beaches and restaurants pretty easily.

Download “Careem” app for easy use. It works just like Uber.

Mastercard/visa all work here. But the tips should be in cash. I have usually given maximum 10-15 Riyal tips which makes 3.5 euros.

Its perfectly safe , sound and modern ! food in the arab world is simply great , 2 things very important dont stare at the women and avoid wearing shorts some find it offending and you can roam pretty much freely

sau_arabia.jpg

Its perfectly safe , sound and modern ! food in the arab world is simply great , 2 things very important dont stare at the women and avoid wearing shorts some find it offending and you can roam pretty much freely
Shorts are okay if they are till knees. Don’t go much shorter than that lol

Stop being so petty. I have lived here for 18 years and this happens to people who are found guilty.
You don't drink alcohol, don't have illicit relations but the above chap do both things since in his home country all these things are OK.

Are you sure about that?
Hahaha yes. No clubs and no bars. :)

You don't drink alcohol, don't have illicit relations but the above chap do both things since in his home country all these things are OK.

If anyone does that, its done illegally and usually they are found and punishsed. The topic opener is going for business trip. I doubt he’d like to mingle into illegal stuff in another country.

Food is great. We have all the food chains here. From Burger King to Pizza Hut.

Try the local food here like Shawarma and Kabsa. Also Al Baik for chicken and Maestro for Pizza.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom