What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the CCP is teaching separatism to the Uyghurs in their history and teaching Uyghurs to identitify with a label created to promote separatism, do you expect those Uyghur kids to grow up loving the motherland?

This is a joke.

NOTHING justifies terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. Nothing.

At the end of the day, the blame falls on the extremists themselves and their ideologies. Regardless of how anyone views the educational policies of the CCP, it doesn't justify anything at all.

Every single group in the world has legitimate grievances. But that doesn't justify terrorism.

And I'm glad the CCP is being logical on this issue.

The Hindutvada aim is to purge India of all alien religions, and Zoroastrianism is an alien religion.

Irrelevant. The salient point is that Buddhists do NOT accept all aspects of Hinduism.
The two faiths are NOT identical, and are sufficiently different to cause conflict.
The fact that you guys keep denying the conflict won't change reality.

Even different Hindu school of thoughts do not accept all aspects of each other , but that does not mean they oppose other views unlike abrahamic religions. Hinduism is not "a faith" but conglomerate of faiths so your statement that Hinduism and buddhism are different faiths itself is wrong. Many hindu school of thoughts may have more in common with the buddhist schools of thought than the other hindu school of thoughts. Buddhism itself is heavily influenced by Samkhya Darshan of Kapil Muni which itself is part of hindu philosophy.

I said percentage of Muslims to the total population. Please read carefully before posting.
Pakistan is over 90% Muslims, where as India is around 15% Muslims. Pakistan is an exponentially more violent country than India.

You dont see protests in UAE because UAE is not a democratic country at all.
Where if women who go to the police if they are raped instead get charged by the police system for 'sex outside the marriage'. You expect people to protest?

Or for that matter, Pakistan has a per capita rape rate of 20% more than India. Yet do you see Pakistani's protesting against it?
No.
Because Indians protest and try to better their system, does not mean that countries such as these are better...not even by a long shot.

Talk sense..and please read the article where these comparisons are made before commenting on it. They do make some compelling arguments.

I do mean the higher percentage of Muslim population. Malaysia is a democracy and a Muslim majority country. And its still a lot safer than India, a none Muslim majority country.

I know you and may Indians hate Muslim because of many terror attacks from Muslim. But do not over come hate with more hatred. Hate can only be conquered with more love. This does not mean that you should love the terrorists. But look at what CD posted above, when the Talibans destroyed the buddah statue, China just build the world's biggest statue. That is how people should respond to terror instead of what America did in Iraq and now Afghanistan.

LOL! Rape protest doesn't mean there are too many rapes. Sticky rape thread in enemy country's forum.

Looks like high IQ people doesn't know about stats.

Then what about countries where there is no rape protest at all and of-course those that do not have sticky rape thread in a online forum :rofl: :rofl:, have they become desensitized to human sufferings because it happens too often.

Not really, its only because rape is a dangerous epidemic in India. It made news all over the world that foreign woman, especially western women, are soft targets for Indians.

This is a joke.

NOTHING justifies terrorist attacks against innocent civilians. Nothing.

At the end of the day, the blame falls on the extremists themselves and their ideologies. Regardless of how anyone views the educational policies of the CCP, it doesn't justify anything at all.

Every single group in the world has legitimate grievances. But that doesn't justify terrorism.

And I'm glad the CCP sees it the same way.

You missed his point.

He is saying the curriculum promotes separatism.

The terrorism is only a tool -- it is the separatism which is the core problem and which you must neutralize.

Well, the threads are there and if you don't agree with the historians quoted in there, that's fine.

The 'argument' here is one explanation of the tensions underlying the Sri-Lankan conflict. The conflict is factual, and the author explains the ethnic and religious dimensions of the conflict.

To agree with the so-called authors mentioned by you, I would have to go blind to the facts.

And please, do not put forth an argument disguised as some sort of conclusion. Arguments are not explanations. Explanations are conclusions based on incontrovertible facts.

The Hindutvada aim is to purge India of all alien religions, and Zoroastrianism is an alien religion.

Irrelevant. The salient point is that Buddhists do NOT accept all aspects of Hinduism.
The two faiths are NOT identical, and are sufficiently different to cause conflict.
The fact that you guys keep denying the conflict won't change reality.

Already posted an explanation of how race and religion are an integral part of the conflict.

My point was that highlighting the religious angle will only play into the hands of the religious extremists and attract crazies from all over the place. Framing it as an ethnic conflict and making clear that the conflict is NOT about Islam will counteract the recruiting propaganda for the terrorists.

You are just being obstinate.
Reagrdless, your wish...your wishes however donot change how Indian Govt and Indians act.

Budhism is considered to be a part of Hinduism by most Hindus.

Hinduism incorporates Atheism as well. That is even wider cause to cause conflict by your line of reasoning, yet it does not.

Will you tell Shiv Sena what Hindutvada aims to achieve?
That is the most Hindu'est of all organizations, and even they dont differentiate Parsis from Hindus :lol:

You are trying to foist your opinion on others. vsdoc, a Parsi has already mentioned, numerous Parsis have mentioned.
Jews and Parsis are thought of as integral a part of India as Hindus. I think that should be answer enough for you.

Almost everyone here has mentioned - including Sri Lankans that the conflict was not about religion but about race and ethnicity. You still choose to believe otherwise.

Now its your call, one can only give you information, whether you choose to accept it or not is your prerogative.

There is a bit of new revisionism but Spain kicked out the invaders who had played extremely dirty.

That part of history and how they treated the dhimmis is either not taught to you or you ignore it altogether.

There were massive rapine, genocide, 30,000 girls sent to the Caliph as his 20% share of the booty along with other stuff, slavery, the works.

Then the half yearly outing by the Muslim army carrying out the usual stuff.

The Spaniards still commemorate the kicking out of the barbaric Moors till date.

'Barbaric moors' Bwahahaha now I know how imaginative you are, I mean it must be great imagining u history as you go :D

Good to tell yourself that. ;)

Anyway, I couldn't care less. I give a damn only when I see self loathing and trying to denigrate the religion of your ancestors.

That will earn you getting back at your current one.

My ancestors chose wisely and I praise the for choosing Islam over prehistoric ancestor worship and other pagan stuff they used to do.

To agree with the so-called authors mentioned by you, I would have to go blind to the facts.

Are you saying the Hindu claims of temples being destroyed by Buddhists in Sri Lanka are false?

That is the most Hindu'est of all organizations

Please don't insult Hindus by equating Hindutvada fanatics with Hinduism.
Most moderate Hindus that I know do not subscribe to the intolerance preached by Hindutvadas.

Almost everyone here has mentioned - including Sri Lankans that the conflict was not about religion but about race and ethnicity. You still choose to believe otherwise.

I prefer to believe an analysis by K.M. De Silva, who held the chair of Sri Lankan History at University of Ceylon, than random internet posters.

Are you saying the Hindu claims of temples being destroyed by Buddhists in Sri Lanka are false?

I am not saying anything, esp with regard to Sri Lanka. I pointed out that wrong in your approach which unless corrected, would keep me from going any further with this debate.

I was strictly talking about Buddhism in India in the pre-Islamic age, but if you wish to take me on a ride to modern day Sri Lanka then sure we can do that, though only after I have all the facts handy here with me - no matter how oft they have been repeated in this forum.

You are just being obstinate.
Reagrdless, your wish...your wishes however donot change how Indian Govt and Indians act.

Budhism is considered to be a part of Hinduism by most Hindus.

Hinduism incorporates Atheism as well. That is even wider cause to cause conflict by your line of reasoning, yet it does not.

That is the most Hindu'est of all organizations, and even they dont differentiate Parsis from Hindus :lol:

You are trying to foist your opinion on others. vsdoc, a Parsi has already mentioned, numerous Parsis have mentioned.
Jews and Parsis are thought of as integral a part of India as Hindus. I think that should be answer enough for you.

Now its your call, one can only give you information, whether you choose to accept it or not is your prerogative.

You can't awake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

@Chinese-Dragon

Now I think the PLA does not allow religious activities to take place during enlistment.

But during the first Uyghur separatist rebellion in 1934, the Swedish explorer Sven Hedin saw a Hui soldier praying in the direction of Mecca. (As the Hui were retreating from battling the Soviets, the Hui army was soon to engage and crush the Uyghur armies of the First East Turkestan Republic at Kashgar). It would be fascinating to know if you go on your anti religious rampage and tell him off for praying while being enlisted in the army.

Salar Turkic Muslims and Hui Muslims from Ningxia, Gansu and Qinghai are even more religious than the Uyghurs. These were the people who first fought the Pan Turkist Uyghurs in the First East Turkestan Republic and then the Soviet backed Uyghur separatists in the Second East Turkestan Republic. They probably never missed a prayer while being deployed while the Soviet backed Uyghurs and Ehmetjan Qasim probably didn't pray at all.

The Hui, Salar and Dongxiang were also the ones who fought against Japan during the invasion and their Imams declared Jihad. In some of their songs approved by the ROC government it talks about martyrdom and holy war.

Right now there are no terror attacks going on in the Xunhua Salar Autonomous County, Hui autonomous region in Ningxia or any of the Dongxiang autonomous regions. There is no separatist and terrorist network operating in those regions.

I'm singing off after I check out a few more topics, I'll leave you to think about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't insult Hindus by equating Hindutvada fanatics with Hinduism.
Most moderate Hindus that I know do not subscribe to the intolerance preached by Hindutvadas.
Does not matter.

The point is that even the Hindutvadi fanatics dont believe that Parsis are 'outsiders'. There really is no basis for your claim that Hindutvadis want anyone apart from the Dharmic Religions out of India.

They think that Muslims are definitely outsiders, are moderately against Christians, but consider Jews and Parsis akin with Hindus, Budhists, Sikhs and Jains.

I prefer to believe an analysis by K.M. De Silva, who held the chair of Sri Lankan History at University of Ceylon, than random internet posters.

There are very many analysts who give a taint to their perception of reality. Some quite ridiculously so.

You should look up atleast half a dozen other eminent historians and analysts who have researched the conflict as well - and then you would come to the same conclusion inevitably.

Does not matter.

The point is that even the Hindutvadi fanatics dont believe that Parsis are 'outsiders'. There really is no basis for your claim that Hindutvadis want anyone apart from the Dharmic Religions out of India.

They think that Muslims are definitely outsiders, are moderately against Christians, but consider Jews and Parsis akin with Hindus, Budhists, Sikhs and Jains.

Like I wrote, "First they came for the communists...."

There are very many analysts who give a taint to their perception of reality. Some quite ridiculously so.

You should look up atleast half a dozen other eminent historians and analysts who have researched the conflict as well - and then you would come to the same conclusion inevitably.

I quoted an eminent Sri Lankan scholar who explains the religious dimension of the conflict.

If you can provide eminent historians who definitively argue that religion played no part in the Sri Lankan civil war, then I would be happy to read their analysis.

'Barbaric moors' Bwahahaha now I know how imaginative you are, I mean it must be great imagining u history as you go :D

In his four-year campaign in Spain (711–15), Musa had captured 30,000 virgins from the families of Gothic nobility alone.[4] This excludes the enslaved women from other backgrounds, and of course, the children. In the sack of Ephesus in 781, 7,000 Greeks were driven away as slaves. In the capture of Amorium in 838, slaves were so numerous that Caliph al-Mutasim ordered them to be auctioned in batches of five and ten. In the assault of Thessalonia in 903, 22,000 Christians were divided among the Arab chieftains or sold into slavery. In Sultan Alp Arsalan’s devastation of Georgia and Armenia in 1064, there was immense slaughter and all the survivors were enslaved. Almohad Caliph Yaqub al-Mansur of Spain raided Lisbon in 1189, enslaving some 3,000 women and children. His governor of Cordoba attacked Silves in 1191, making 3,000 Christians captive.

Also see this link:

Islamic Jihad: A Legacy of Forced Conversion, Imperialism, and Slavery - M. A. Khan - Google Books

I can give many more link but there is no need I guess. You can choose to read books on the subject if you really wanted to learn history.

My ancestors chose wisely and I praise the for choosing Islam over prehistoric ancestor worship and other pagan stuff they used to do.

That is fine. You think you were Jahils before conversion and we think it was after.

It is when you try and abuse the religion of your ancestors that you invite contempt of your current one.

I know it is difficult for you to understand but do give it a thought.

Also see this link:

Islamic Jihad: A Legacy of Forced Conversion, Imperialism, and Slavery - M. A. Khan - Google Books

I can give many more link but there is no need I guess. You can choose to read books on the subject if you really wanted to learn history.

That is fine. You think you were Jahils before conversion and we think it was after.

It is when you try and abuse the religion of your ancestors that you invite contempt of your current one.

I know it is difficult for you to understand but do give it a thought.

Nope, I have nothing against the religion of my ancestors, I'm sure they were good people and I'm proud of them. But it was time to move on.
Don't you Dharmics go around saying there are many paths to God? I just choose a surer one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom