What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at the conflicts around the world, many of them have their roots in the colonial legacy of dividing majority-Muslim lands and/or giving them to non-Muslims (Burma, Thailand, Philippines, Palestine, Kashmir, etc.)

That's so hypocritical.. Why do you see roots in colonial legacy and not in the invasion of Muslim barbarics that happened prior to any of those lands were turned colonies? The land you claim as Muslim land was never their's. They occupied it just like colonists did. So I can see you are trying the pass the blame of your own acts to others. At least, colonists came and left but Muslims are still there. That is why the local natives are sulking as they see them as outsiders following and preaching a religion and culture which is alien to vast majority of land and populace. What Muslims are getting back and because of their deeds!! They killed millions, looted and destroyed many holy places of the land and there lies the root of all this conflict. So please don't even try to give a propagandist's twist.

The British did Hinduism a huge favor by giving it a united country. Otherwise, it is 100% guaranteed that the various regions in India would have been looting, raping and pillaging each other as they had been doing for the last 3000 years.

British did not do any favour. They would have continued with the occupation. They left because the local populace forced them out. And all those acts of looting, raping and pillaging were the acts of Muslims of the land. We were living peacefully before the Islamic invasion and spreading message of peace to the world.

Actually, the Muslim birth rate in China is stable. Not significantly above the national fertility rate at all.

So they will most likely continue to stay around 1% of the population, concentrated in the far western regions.

You are doing good job maintaining common laws and rules for every one unlike the appeasement politics that goes on in South Asia.

Inner peace is nice!

Much more fulfilling than mass conversions anyway.
but for some,there is only one true path,and others are bound to go to hell.. we in general believe that every religion leads to god and peace

And you cannot go branding people secularists just because they are not against Muslims.

If the Muslims are threatening the community there, then it is understandable.
But the way you are reacting, that Muslims just have to be the 'evil ones' and anything other than that is not acceptable, then I am sorry I too disagree with you.

Bro, I am not branding anyone as anything.

The reason why I got pissed off at his remark was that as usual as around the world, Muslims are playing the victim card here.

I know this because we have a lot of Burmese Buddhists who come for pilgrimage in my part of the country and I interact with them.

Long before this riot took place (I am talking about 2008), when I interacted with a group of young Buddhist pilgrims in Mahabodhi temple.

That is where I have learnt the nature of the tensions going on in their country.

Trust me, it is the same way as it is in our Kashmir, in Chechnya and Israel: separatism in the name of religion.

Buddhist-Muslim clashes happen on a smaller scale always like how Hindus and Muslims clash here in India.

It is because for years, my community there has been fed up of Islamic bullying.

They don't bully enmasse but target smaller groups being in a non-Islamic country.

If you don't believe what I am saying, then I suggest you to research jihad in southeast Asia against Buddhists.

Check out the violence in south Thailand against Buddhists.

It is like that; only difference is that Burmese government is not weak and supports Buddhists there.

The only difference here is that the government is Buddhist supportive as Burma is a Buddhist country.

You see, everyone isn't a cultural traitor like Indian politicians and support their own people when trouble comes.

That's so hypocritical.. Why do you see roots in colonial legacy and not in the invasion of Muslim barbarics that happened prior to any of those lands were turned colonies? The land you claim as Muslim land was never their's. They occupied it just like colonists did. So I can see you are trying the pass the blame of your own acts to others. At least, colonists came and left but Muslims are still there. That is why the local natives are sulking as they see them as outsiders following and preaching a religion and culture which is alien to vast majority of land and populace. What Muslims are getting back and because of their deeds!! They killed millions, looted and destroyed many holy places of the land and there lies the root of all this conflict. So please don't even try to give a propagandist's twist.

British did not do any favour. They would have continued with the occupation. They left because the local populace forced them out. And all those acts of looting, raping and pillaging were the acts of Muslims of the land. We were living peacefully before the Islamic invasion and spreading message of peace to the world.

You are doing good job maintaining common laws and rules for every one unlike the appeasement politics that goes on in South Asia.

only in india mate.. ;)

I dont know why you are sticking with this flawed argument.. But what ever floats your boat mate!!

Because the person providing this analysis was the chair of the Sri Lanka History at the University of Ceylon from 1969 to 1995.

There is the wildest chance that he may actually know his own country's history and dynamics.

Then we should practice one child policy on Muslims or at least 2 child policy since they are even larger than Zhuang ethnic, which does practice one-child policy.

You don't live in China, but tension between Muslims and locals are for unknown reason increasing! I don't know why! Muslims are becoming increasingly vocal about their practices, such as forbidding their neighbors from eating pork, drinking, looting restaurants that serve pork! There are numerous reports of such incidents. They were never so aggressive before. Maybe they are emboldened by how powerful those jihads are? I have no clue!

The most ridiculous thing is in 2007, the year of pig, the word "pig" could not be even mentioned in China's TVs, so it's not year of pig any more! lol This caused outrage among Chinese. Do we have to abandon our millenniums' of traditions to appease such tiny population that was imported from outside world?

It is a common problem with them you see.

What do you think we've been telling you people?

Look at our mistakes and learn from them, while you can make changes.

The bolded part is EXACTLY what we ask when we face Islamic bullying.

At that time, the Secularists make us the villain and their pay-masters as the victims.

Yup. And do you know why?
Because overwhelming majority of sinhalese are Budhists and LTTE Tamils were Christians and Hindus.
The conflict was not one between the religions but between the ethnicities - the Tamils and the Sinhalese. Otherwise the Indians from other states would also have been involved would they not?

Oh yeah. I am not about the cham minorities.
I am not going to bother about what happened centuries ago am I?

Nope.
All Dharmic faiths have a place in India coupled with Jews and Parsis.
India is the Parsis home. No one can even say that they belong anywhere else apart from India.
Christians though being of abrahamic faith have consolidated their position in India and Indians by building up institutions and being literate. They made their bed here and sleep on it.

The exceptions are the evangelical christians who target tribals.

Only the Muslims have not gelled in as well as the rest of them.

There have also been attacks on Sri Lankans visitors/tourists in Tamil Nadu...now would you put that up to being Budhists or because they are Lankans.
The answer is the same as above, temples were targetted because they were frequented by the LTTE and their families.

You are making religion an issue when it isnt even close to being a reason for conflict between LTTE and Sri Lankans. The issue was race/ethnicity in totality.

Hindus and Budhists are like Bread and butter now.
As mentioned above, ALL the Hindus revere Budha.

Can you explain the bold part as to how Indian muslims haven't gelled with the rest?

Then we should practice one child policy on Muslims or at least 2 child policy since they are even larger than Zhuang ethnic, which does practice one-child policy.

You don't live in China, but tension between Muslims and locals are for unknown reason increasing! I don't know why! Muslims are becoming increasingly vocal about their practices, such as forbidding their neighbors from eating pork, drinking, looting restaurants that serve pork! There are numerous reports of such incidents. They were never so aggressive before. Maybe they are emboldened by how powerful those jihads are? I have no clue!

The most ridiculous thing is in 2007, the year of pig, the word "pig" could not be even mentioned in China's TVs, so it's not year of pig any more! lol This caused outrage among Chinese. Do we have to abandon our millenniums' of traditions to appease such tiny population that was imported from outside world?

Hong Kong is 95% Han Chinese (and the remaining 5% are almost entirely Filipino maids who are only staying temporarily). I bet you would love it. :D

Why do you see roots in colonial legacy and not in the invasion of Muslim barbarics that happened prior to any of those lands were turned colonies?

Everyone invaded everyone else throughout history. The point is the mixing of disparate religious/ethnic/cultural groups into one country at the end of the colonial era.

I already posted the list of separatist movements around the world, and most of them don't involve Muslims.

We were living peacefully before the Islamic invasion and spreading message of peace to the world.

Apparently you slept through your Indian history classes. All those empires through the ages just sprouted "peacefully".

Inner peace is nice!

Much more fulfilling than mass conversions anyway.

Yea, but it is not easy, because the mindset behind mass conversions can be traced back to their respective larger than life egos.

This is the reason that some times we hear some radical extremist Hindus go on for "re-conversion". It is their ego at work, and has nothing related to Hinduism.

In fact, because the individuals here respected their different and distinct views, personalities, and philosophies on life, they wanted unique and tailored philosophy/path to attain that peace, and thus evolved the numerous Gods in Sanatan Dharm.

This is the reason that per the basic philosophy of Hinduism, all the people, following any religion (even atheists), looking for inner peace without affecting others are on the right path.

And since conversion of any individual would be mean taking away his/her/its right and freedom to be distinct, the process (of conversion) goes completely against the tenets of Hinduism.

Because the person providing this analysis was the chair of the Sri Lanka History at the University of Ceylon from 1969 to 1995.

There is the wildest chance that he may actually know his own country's history and dynamics.

Yea sure it is.. It is just like blaming Pakistan = Blaming Islam!! We got your point!! :)

We should have a rule, if you claim a certain group is committing certain despicable acts and provide absolutely no reliable sources you get infractions, like a member on this forum is currently doing on this thread about Muslims. Otherwise I could slur Jews and claim there are reports of them drinking children's blood. (Which obviously isn't true),

this is not offtopic - but the core issue
believe it or not, west and east will openly come against Islam in coming centuries. because, the existence of other civilizations are under threat once Muslims become majority. I know, many cannot accept this and will vehemently deny. but, why non-Muslims have to hide their fear of (SUNNI)Muslim population?
IMO, Burma should instead would have forcefully converted Rohingya Muslims to Buddhism(giving them taste of own medicine) so that a better cultural integration is possible? Like the apostates say "Chodo Eemaan, Bano Insaan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom