What's new

Buddhism v Islam in Asia Fears of a new religious strife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the CCP's history currciculum is responsible for innoculating Uyghurs with separatists propaganda.

Always blaming the CCP. :no: They are the Chinese government, if you don't like it then do something about it.

Personally, I think that is a bad move by the Chinese government.

While it certainly makes it easier to oppose them if you declare them as jihadis, the better approach, in my opinion, is to frame it as a purely ethnic conflict and play down all religious connotations by the other side. That's just my opinion, but the Chinese government has its own approach.

Or maybe its exactly how the Chinese government said, which is not far fetched considering what has been happening across the world in this past decade.

Pretty much every major country and every major community has been hit by these religious extremists.

Why not just stop the attacks themselves, and save all sides from needless grief.

Seriously?? A facebook page?? We have seen many like this before.. Latest was one Pakistani Guy posting picture of desecration of Holy Quran in Kashmir!! :lol: Most of people here had a good time on that!!

Some hard facts you got!!

That was just the first link I got. Here's a full article explaining the conflict.

Buddha

Writes the Sri Lankan scholar K. M. de Silva:

Sri Lanka’s location off the coast of South India, and especially its close proximity to [the Indian state of] Tamilnadu, separated by a shallow and narrow stretch of sea serves to accentuate this sense of a minority status among the Sinhalese. Their own sense of ethnic distinctiveness is identified through religion—Theravada Buddhism—and language—Sinhala. They take pride in the fact that Buddhism thrives in Sri Lanka while it has practically disappeared in its original home, India. Their language, Sinhala, has its roots in classical Indian languages, but it is now a distinctly Sri Lankan language, and one that is not spoken anywhere else.

The Sinhalese, argues de Silva, see their historical destiny in preserving Theravada Buddhism from a Hindu revivalist assault, with southern India the source of these invasions. As they see it, they are a lonely people, with few ethnic compatriots anywhere, who have been pushed to their final sanctuary, the southern two-thirds of Sri Lanka, by the demographic immensity of majority-Hindu India.

Always blaming the CCP. :no: They are the Chinese government, if you don't like it then do something about it.

Or maybe its exactly how the Chinese government said, which is not far fetched considering what has been happening across the world in this past decade.

Pretty much every major country and every major community has been hit by these religious extremists.

Can't respond to my arguments? :)

Watch it.

Actually the CCP's history currciculum is responsible for innoculating Uyghurs with separatists propaganda.

The Soviets created the Uyghur ethnic group from Turkic Muslims in the Tarim Basin in 1921 at Tashkent and wrote nationalist histories of the Uyghur people in order to promote separatism among the Uyghurs so they could absorb Xinjiang as a Soviet republic and take it from China. Previously the Uyghurs were just known as Turkis.

Before that there was no separatism in Xinjiang. All conflict came from the outside (Uzbeks from Kokand raided Kashgar several times). The Qing dynasty used mullahs and feudal Begs to rule the population and they applied religious law upon the Turkic Muslims while the Qing held political power. The warlord Yang Zengzin continued the policy of using mullahs and inoculating them with religion in order to prevent separatism. In fact Yang warned the Turkic muslims that the Soviets were godless Russians who would mislead them and their women, and he promoted mullahs and traditional islamic education while cracking down on pan turkism and pro russians. It worked very well.

It was reformist, modernist Jadidist Pan Turkists who promoted separatism and wanted to reform Islam in central asia.

Anyway, the communist party today adopted the Soviet created category of "Uyghur" and is teaching Soviet created nationalist Uyghur history to Uyghur children in Xinjiang. Uyghur children in Xinjiang learn history created by Soviet propagandists and identify themselves with a label created by the Soviets to promote separatism. The CCP adopted this Soviet crap wholesale after they won the civil war.

The Communists Uyghur separatists who were backed by the Soviet Union like Ehmetjan Qasim, and who created the Soviet puppet East Turkestan Republic during the Ili Rebellion are regarded as "proletarian heroes" in the current history written by the CCP since they fought against the KMT during the Chinese Civil War. Ehmetjan Qasim's forces massacres thousands of ethnic han in Dzungharia. The Second East Turkestan Republic and their Soviet allies also broadcasted vile anti Han messages, encouraging Uyghurs to slaughter Han.

I'm not kidding, go look up how Ehmetjan Qasim, the Ili Rebellion and the Second East Turkestan Republic are viewd by the CCP history books. They are hailed as communist revolutionaries against the KMT LOL. This is the BS that the CCP teaches to Uyghur children.

Before the 1950s Xinjiang was just called Xinjiang. Everyone knew that Dzungharia used to belong to buddhist Dzunghars and Tarim Basin to the Uyghur. And guess what the CCP did. They slapped the name "Uyghur autonomous region" on the whole province and made Uyghur language official all over it, including Dzungharia where Uyghurs aren't native. Now Uyghur kids are taught they are native to Dzungharia and no wonder they (misleadingly) think they are being swamped by Han migrants.

I believe the dumb@ss history curriculum, Soviet ethnic classification and renaming of the entire province have alot to do with contributing towards separatist sentiments.

Are you seriously effing sick in the head, do you even know what happened in the inquisition? If you think that's a joke then you must be mentally retarded.

It was not a joke.

Nor was what happened in any land attacked by Islamic invaders.

It was sordid history.

And there are debts of history to be paid.

If you look at the conflicts around the world, many of them have their roots in the colonial legacy of dividing majority-Muslim lands and/or giving them to non-Muslims (Burma, Thailand, Philippines, Palestine, Kashmir, etc.)

The British did Hinduism a huge favor by giving it a united country. Otherwise, it is 100% guaranteed that the various regions in India would have been looting, raping and pillaging each other as they had been doing for the last 3000 years.

Yes, that's why you see Hindus in bali Indonesia Killing and murdering for a separate country or Hindus in West Indies .

Now don't say Sri Lanka , that was an ethnic conflict.

But aren't Dharmics incapable of violence? Did they sing hymns to each other or throw vegetables at each other?

The cowards among them converted.

And have got themselves a make believe history.

Well,

You people, at least Ashraf among you claim to be arab's progeny. Who am i to judge.

Selective amnesia.

Thanks for the self-diagnosis, why don't you proceed with self-treatment? Maybe lock yourself up and stay away from other people?

It was not a joke.

Nor was what happened in any land attacked by Islamic invaders.

It was sordid history.

And there are debts of history to be paid.

The original conquest of spain was two militaries fighting on a battlefield, after which one of the greatest empires in history was built (of which modern day spaniards are proud of so speak for your self). And the inquisition was a middle age version of the holocaust.

I don't know about you, but I find nothing funny about a rape victim. Wait you are not that Indonesian high court judge are you? That would prolly explain your sick "sense of humour".

Its funny because its true. People can understand the joke better when it draws from an actual event. Something that people can relate to. I can guess you think its not funny because I mention Mumbai and the stigma the name carry because of the "event."

This is type of joke is called "Too Soon joke." a part of Black Comedy. Many might find the joke in poor manner, but many will find it Hilarious. I can assume you're the former one. Here's a trope for this particular joke:Too Soon - Television Tropes & Idioms

I can assure you I mean no harm, jest probably, but not harm. This joke is never meant for you, but for the other who might find the joke funny.

Now lets close this thread cause its spinning out of control like the "Train Crash in Spain" :closed:

Yes, that's why you see Hindus in bali Indonesia Killing and murdering for a separate country or Hindus in West Indies .

Now don't say Sri Lanka , that was an ethnic conflict.

People resort to Terrorism when they feel they have no stake or no say in the Country. If its a play Terrorism will be the final act not the beginning.

Attack on Bodhi temple is equivalent to attack on Mekka ... I appreciate Buddists that they didn't attacked Muslims ..

However Muslims are not apologetic on this Babur type attack...

Can't respond to my arguments? :)

Respond to what?

The Chinese government and ETIM itself characterizes the attacks as "Jihad", and driven by a goal to create an Islamic state called East Turkestan.

There is nothing to refute.

I don't care about your grudge with the CCP or whatever.

They are the authority in China. They could have easily covered up the extremist attacks in Xinjiang, but instead they chose to broadcast them to the whole world.

The original conquest of spain was two militaries fighting on a battlefield, after which one of the greatest empires in history was built (of which modern day spaniards are proud of so speak for your self). And the inquisition was a middle age version of the holocaust.

There is a bit of new revisionism but Spain kicked out the invaders who had played extremely dirty.

That part of history and how they treated the dhimmis is either not taught to you or you ignore it altogether.

There were massive rapine, genocide, 30,000 girls sent to the Caliph as his 20% share of the booty along with other stuff, slavery, the works.

Then the half yearly outing by the Muslim army carrying out the usual stuff.

The Spaniards still commemorate the kicking out of the barbaric Moors till date.

The cowards among them converted.

And have got themselves a make believe history.

Cry me a river :D
And would do so again a million times over, for the proud and noble chose the right path. I'm not forcing you to convert so why does your a55 burn so bright regarding what I converted to of my free will?

No one can even say that they belong anywhere else apart from India.

The Hindutvada aim is to purge India of all alien religions, and Zoroastrianism is an alien religion.

As mentioned above, ALL the Hindus revere Budha.

Irrelevant. The salient point is that Buddhists do NOT accept all aspects of Hinduism.
The two faiths are NOT identical, and are sufficiently different to cause conflict.
The fact that you guys keep denying the conflict won't change reality.

The SL issue is due to race

Already posted an explanation of how race and religion are an integral part of the conflict.

Why not just stop the attacks themselves, and save all sides from needless grief.

My point was that highlighting the religious angle will only play into the hands of the religious extremists and attract crazies from all over the place. Framing it as an ethnic conflict and making clear that the conflict is NOT about Islam will counteract the recruiting propaganda for the terrorists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom