What's new

Broadband Speeds around the world (top 20)

That would explain it then^^^. Universities don't count!

Alright sir! My home speed then.

Not bad considering I live in a remote village with only 6 other houses.

ISP: Last mile
Rating: 2.2/5.0
Price: approx €20
Download limit: 30Gb for a 30 day rolling month

Download is supposed to be 2 Mb/s
Upload is supposed to be 1 Mb/s

My ping is horrible at <90 ms-1. Bad for online gaming. :(

Some Facts About my Broad Band

ISP: Pakistan Telecom (PTCL)

Two types of connection provided: Broad Band on Copper line and on Fiber optics line

Copper line connections are not suitable for persons whose house is 2-6 KM from Telephone Exchange, as U will get a very poor connectivity, also too much line distortion

Fiber Optics is relatively new phenomena here in Pak, Especially here in Lahore good voice quality no head ache in broadband connectivity, only down turn is, some times Their sever got bogged down, and it takes usually 15 mints-72 hours to restore the net and usually happens once in a while in a month or some time often

PTCL providing 4 excellent broad band packages for home users, who ever takes 1 Mb Unlimited connection, his connection will be upgraded to 2 mb,

2 MB, which is upgraded to 4 MB Unlimited,

For 6 Mb user will be upgraded to 8 Mb

And the ultimatum package is 10 mb,,, which is not upgraded :P

Mine is 2 Mb upgraded to 4 Mb

Price: 1999 plus tax = 2200 Rs = USD 24

Alright sir! My home speed then.

Not bad considering I live in a remote village with only 6 other houses.

ISP: Last mile
Rating: 2.2/5.0
Price: approx &#8364;20
Download limit: 30Gb for a 30 day rolling month

Download is supposed to be 2 Mb/s
Upload is supposed to be 1 Mb/s

My ping is horrible at <90 ms-1. Bad for online gaming. :(

Mine is 46$ a month. The plan is "unlimited" but they do have a bandwidth cap at 300gb a month (i never reached it though) Been meaning to upgrade. This is the third fastest plan my ISP has.

Last edited:

WTF my nearest server it in colombo:woot:

mumbai server

delhi server

Last edited:
Doesn't The State run or Private telecom Corporation provides suitable and unlimited packages, From Page One, i'm seeing that, none of the respective users have a economical unlimited broadband package??? and it also means, PTCL broad band Packages are best in whole south asia, Middle east, and far east in terms of price

Some Facts About my Broad Band

ISP: Pakistan Telecom (PTCL)

Two types of connection provided: Broad Band on Copper line and on Fiber optics line

Copper line connections are not suitable for persons whose house is 2-6 KM from Telephone Exchange, as U will get a very poor connectivity, also too much line distortion

Fiber Optics is relatively new phenomena here in Pak, Especially here in Lahore good voice quality no head ache in broadband connectivity, only down turn is, some times Their sever got bogged down, and it takes usually 15 mints-72 hours to restore the net and usually happens once in a while in a month or some time often

PTCL providing 4 excellent broad band packages for home users, who ever takes 1 Mb Unlimited connection, his connection will be upgraded to 2 mb,

2 MB, which is upgraded to 4 MB Unlimited,

For 6 Mb user will be upgraded to 8 Mb

And the ultimatum package is 10 mb,,, which is not upgraded :P

Mine is 2 Mb upgraded to 4 Mb

Price: 1999 plus tax = 2200 Rs = USD 24
There is no tax yaar.... The line rent comes no matter you have DSL or not....

BTW thats awesome 4 MB.... i am 1200 RS 1 MB....why don't they upgrade us :angry:

There is no tax yaar.... The line rent comes no matter you have DSL or not....

BTW thats awesome 4 MB.... i am 1200 RS 1 MB....why don't they upgrade us :angry:

i forget to mention that i have a fiber optics line, on which they double your speed automatically from 1 MB to 2 MB and for copper the speed remain the same, and for the rest of the packages, they will double your speeds by default even if you are on copper line or on fiber optics.

I assume you didn't have a Student Broad Band Package, or else you wouldn't have been paying 1200 :P

By taxes I meant, The Line Rent + The Wifi Router, they charge extra for Wifi Router

1111423592.png

53.00 dollars

thats pretty cheap for that kind of speed.

Yeah. In the beginning when this kind of speed was offered, it was around 100 euro. Since then (2 years ago) prices have gone down slowly.

A few lucky people ( like a half a million + households) have the fiber optic option with speed ranging from 30/30 to 200/200, prices are even better than wat the cable providers are offering.

However, I don't complain.:no:

Yeah. In the beginning when this kind of speed was offered, it was around 100 euro. Since then (2 years ago) prices have gone down slowly.

A few lucky people ( like a half a million + households) have the fiber optic option with speed ranging from 30/30 to 200/200, prices are even better than wat the cable providers are offering.

However, I don't complain.:no:

Wow 200/200 is very impressive. The fastest we have is Verizon (through their fiber optic service) in the U.S. and that is 150/35 for 199$ (it is not offered nation wide though)

Verizon | Internet Plans, Choose the Ultimate Internet Plan | FiOS Internet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom