What's new

Britain, Turkey sign defence deal to develop Turkish fighter jet

SO, does that mean WE will be to get our hands on this beauty without any headaches of post-sale problems, which always come with something which WE purchase from west ?

Thats the point of the project to have all rights to do what ever we want with it. Not like with all the other planes in inventory.

SO, does that mean WE will be to get our hands on this beauty without any headaches of post-sale problems, which always come with something which WE purchase from west ?
That's very big budget without export. I wish we can build without cooperation it may take longer time . I personaly don't trust England. When i look the companies in Turkey like FNSS, BMC was an England cooperation. I think for now best option is England.

Is this deal more related to the Engine problems or it is an overall co-operation agreement on starting a full JV in order to have an early completion ? (Please ignore my ignorance if there is any.)

All intellectual and property rights of TF-X along with transferred subsystems will belong to Turkish Republic. It is a big industrialization project with thousands of aerospace workers in following years.

Thats the point of the project to have all rights to do what ever we want with it. Not like with all the other planes in inventory.

That's very big budget without export. I wish we can build without cooperation it may take longer time . I personaly don't trust England. When i look the companies in Turkey like FNSS, BMC was an England cooperation. I think for now best option is England.

large_mmupyo-acilis-toreni-1-.jpg

Britain and Turkey signed a defence deal worth more than 100 million pounds on Saturday to develop Turkish fighter jets, opening the way to deeper cooperation over the lifetime of the project.

In Ankara to strengthen ties with Turkey as she navigates Britain's departure from the European Union, Prime Minister Theresa May hailed the deal, saying it showed "that Britain is a great, global, trading nation and that we are open for business".

The deal, announced by May and Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, involves BAE Systems and TAI (Turkish Aerospace Industries) working together to develop the TF-X Turkish fighter programme.

BAE Systems chief executive, Ian King, said the deal was the next step in deepening defence cooperation.

"It will also pave the way for a deeper defence partnership and could effectively make the UK Turkey's partner of choice, positioning it as a key aerospace technology exporter to Turkey," he said in a statement.

"The wider programme could see the UK win contracts to provide engines, weapons, radars and sensors."

($1 = 0.7971 pounds)

http://www.reuters.com/article/uk-b...USKBN15C0IM?mod=related&channelName=worldNews

Vatana Millete Hayırlı Olsun !

It's time Pakistan seriously look into it, and try to be partner in this project or get tech from this project to build it's own 5th gen along with China.

It's time Pakistan seriously look into it, and try to be partner in this project or get tech from this project to build it's own 5th gen along with China.
China has already two programs running,J-20 and J-31.

this means 4-5 years leap for TF-X program .. God Speed Turkey :cheers:

I have said on PDF that TFX once initiated could be built rapidly because UK is giant in aerospace and could help built Turkey 5th gen plane while both are partner in F-35 project, but many here make fun of my opinion.

China has already two programs running,J-20 and J-31.

China can't provide EJ200 with TVC quality engine now and there are other equipment's which they will not sell to Pakistan, only export version is on table, so its better to have own 5th gen in which we can have help from Turkey & China, making it exclusively Pakistan's 5th gen jet, or join TFX program to have frontline jet and future replacement of F-16s.

ngiliz BAE ile işbirliği yapacak TAİ, ülkemizde Milli Muharip Uçak geliştirecek. İlk Türk muharip uçağımızı 2023'te uçuracağız.
Translated from Turkish by Bing

English to collaborate with U.A.E. TAİ, will develop National Combat Aircraft in our country. First we will fly our plane of Turkish fighters in 2023.

C3RnVlQXAAYlvLB.jpg

I have said on PDF that TFX once initiated could be built rapidly because UK is giant in aerospace and could help built Turkey 5th gen plane while both are partner in F-35 project, but many here make fun of my opinion.

lets wait and see :-)

Back
Top Bottom