What's new

Brigadier and guards killed in Islamabad firing

Rank

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Australia
ISLAMABAD: At least two army soldiers have embraced martyrdom and one sustained bullet-inflicted wounds as two unknown armed miscreants, riding motorcycle, opened fire on an army jeep, which was on its way in G-11 Sector in Islamabad, rescue sources said early on Thursday morning.

Eyewitnesses said unknown miscreants, aged between 22 to 25 years, succeeded to flee after carrying out deadly ambush on an army jeep.

According to SHO police Inayat, one among dead army men was Brigadier Moin, meanwhile, police have launched search operation in order to locate fleeing militants.

Police said their parties have cordoned off the entire area but no official version over the incident has come to surface as yet.

All the police checkposts, located nearby, have been put on high alert, meanwhile, the investigation into the incident has commenced, sources said.

It is pertinent to mention that G-11 Sector is the residential area of top army officials in Islamabad while pillion riding is also already banned in federal capital.

"I was thr that moment in G11 over Kashmir highway - Islamabad Blue Area"

Too bad just got this from Dunya News.

2 security officials including Brig. martyred in Islamabad firing

At least 2 security officials including a brigadier were martyred and one injured when unidentified persons opened fire at their vehicle in Sector G-11, Street 5, of Islamabad this morning, Dunya News reported. Security forces cordoned off the area after the firing. Checking at entry and exit points of Islamabad has been hardened. Situation of the injured is stated to be critical. Rescue teams reached the spot in a sudden and shifted the injured to the PIMS hospital. According to sources, the attackers were pedestrians and fled the scene after the attack. PM Yousaf Raza Gilani, CM Punjab Shahbaz Sharif, PML-N leader Nawaz Sharif and MQM leader Altaf Hussain have condemned the incident of firing at security forces’ vehicle.

Dunya TVPakistan- 2 security officials including Brig. martyred in Islamabad firing

I don't think who these were but all eyes go to the same direction. Those bastards again I think.

KIT Over

cowardly, hit & run tactics....

what i want to know is, were they hiding an AK under thair shalwaar kameez? Very audacious attack, these guys will be caught very soon Inshallah.

this is not good, DawnTV is reporting that brig. Moin shaheed was in charge of operation rah-e-nijaat and also had planned the Swat operation rah e raast. For the time being it looks like a big blow to PA operation. But I wonder why PA disclosed such confidential info about brig. Moin.

Now even in Islamabad they can demonstrate their Fire power & then run away :disagree:

Gunman shoots dead two soldiers, injures one in Islamabad

ISLAMABAD: Two soldiers were killed and one injured when their vehicle came under fire from unknown gunmen in Islamabad on Thursday.

According to the state media, the Pakistan army vehicle was attacked in sector G-11 of the capital, which houses buildings belonging to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) as well as other security agencies.

Police officials have cordoned off the area and rescue officials have arrives, says DawnNews television.

‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told Reuters.

More to follow.

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Gunman shoots dead two soldiers, injures one in Islamabad

Brigadier Moin Deputy DG(MO) and a soldier of Pakistan Army attained shadat after their vehicle came under fire, during a hit and scoot, at Sector G-11, Islamabad - this morning at about 9 am.

Last edited:
R.I.P.
Their sacrifices shall not go in vain! May God bless their souls. Any person in uniform who lays down his/her life in the line of duty for his/her country, commands utmost respect.
Those cowards responsible for this will burn in hell for eternity.

Its Deputy Director General Military Operations Brigadier Moin

Top-ranking army brigadier assassinated in Islamabad

ISLAMABAD: The Deputy Director General Military Operations Brigadier Moin was assassinated, along with another army official in a shootout in Islamabad on Thursday.

An unknown number of gunmen attacked the brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.

Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.

Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.

‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told Reuters.

Its Deputy Director General Military Operations Brigadier Moin

Top-ranking army brigadier assassinated in Islamabad

ISLAMABAD: The Deputy Director General Military Operations Brigadier Moin was assassinated, along with another army official in a shootout in Islamabad on Thursday.

An unknown number of gunmen attacked the brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.

Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.

Brigadier Moin is believed to have been involved in the strategy-making for the on-going Waziristan operation against militants, as well as the Swat operation.

if he was the man behind the swat and sw operation, how come terrorist know that. i see some one passing info to terrorist. is it possible.

terrorists have killed high ranking army officers in just a few days. its really disturbing. may Allah rest their souls in peace.

I thought bikes had been banned in Islamabad, is that correct?

May the brigadier and his gaurd RIP and may Allah provide strength to their families. It looks like a case of targetted assasination and that somehow these people knew where Brig. Moin is

its not a good message how come they got information that he(RIP) is the one operating this operation.

RIP brave soldiers...

these cowards are only making their permanent place in hell easy day by day. May all of them suffer agony of hell for eternity!
Islamabad police are pathetic! No one should take their side that they are doing their job very well. NO THEY ARE NOT! I live in islamabad and my personal observation is that they only flash torch and stop shareef loog just to show they are performing their duties and oh credit due, they are doing quite a job stopping lafanga party but that has little to do with anti-terrorism. In the day time during rush hours they stop one car 2-3 police men are questioning at the same time while the traffic flows normally and any body can leak in.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom