What's new

Brigadier and guards killed in Islamabad firing

ISLAMABAD: Head of the United Nations peace-keeping mission in Sudan and former deputy director general military operations Brigadier Moinuddin Ahmed was assassinated, along with another army official in a shootout in Islamabad on Thursday.

An unknown number of gunmen attacked the brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.

Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.

Brigadier Moin was visiting Pakistan and was expected to return to Sudan at the UN mission tomorrow.

The military vehicle was attacked at around 8.30am Thursday morning.

‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told Reuters.

ISLAMABAD: Head of the United Nations peace-keeping mission in Sudan and former deputy director general military operations Brigadier Moinuddin Ahmed was assassinated, along with another army official in a shootout in Islamabad on Thursday.

An unknown number of gunmen attacked the brigadier’s military jeep as he left his house in the G-11/1 sector of the capital.

Another army official was injured in the attack, rescue officials told DawnNews television.

Brigadier Moin was visiting Pakistan and was expected to return to Sudan at the UN mission tomorrow.

The military vehicle was attacked at around 8.30am Thursday morning.

‘Witnesses have told us two men came on a motorcycle and opened fire,’ city police official Abdul Qadir told Reuters.

Damn Cowards - may they rot in hell !

may their souls live in peace..i think Army should remove STARs and other signs from their vehicles, because through this terrorists become confident about the presence of high ranked officers in them.

Qadri. They already take a lot of steps like change numberplate's, routes etc... What they need is a second chance that will only be made available from Armoured vehicles.

I know the army already deploys quite a few of these as staff cars, we have often seen them in and out of Chaklala Garrison and GHQ so why not provide more as staff cars for "STAR" officers.

Qadri. They already take a lot of steps like change numberplate's, routes etc... What they need is a second chance that will only be made available from Armoured vehicles.

I know the army already deploys quite a few of these as staff cars, we have often seen them in and out of Chaklala Garrison and GHQ so why not provide more as staff cars for "STAR" officers.

Spies, man, spies. The only way to survive on a chinese chess board is to attack.

Disclaimer: I am not a grand master in Chinese chess. :cheesy:

In some previous post i read that he was involved in the Waziristan operation. The thing which is worrying me is that terrorists have enough intelligence to know these things or many of their fellows are in Army!!!

RIP to our men in uniform.....they attack Islamic university....they bomb masjids. Now they are attacking the man who overseas peace-keeping/humanitarian mission in Sudan (an impoverished Muslim country which need a lot of help)

so for long time, these miscreant anarchists have proven what rotten people they are

Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaehi Rajioun. May their souls rest in Peace.

This is the thing that happens in these type of wars , in the aftermath of the IRA attempt in 1984 to kill the Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher by planting a bomb in the hotel she was using in Brighton, the IRA released a statement. It ended with the words “You have to be lucky all the time. We only have to be lucky once.”

if he was the man behind the swat and sw operation, how come terrorist know that. i see some one passing info to terrorist. is it possible.
TTP surfaced in 2007 and so far they have proved that they not only have intelligence but they choose their targets as they know every street of Pakistan and the seem to be toing american and indian objectives.

terrorists have killed high ranking army officers in just a few days. its really disturbing. may Allah rest their souls in peace.
After failed attempts of conquering Pakistan army this is new tactics from axis of evil. of course which includes Zardari gang, indians and us.
its not a good message how come they got information that he(RIP) is the one operating this operation.
Rehman Malik must be interogated for this.

On a side note i would say this is about time that CoAS address to the nation and put forward his reservations and limitations.

Damn Cowards - may they rot in hell !

No doubt they are but by keeping army officiers in urban areas expose them to uneccessary risk while an urban war is in process.
We need to build a new city for army and new GHQ.

In some previous post i read that he was involved in the Waziristan operation. The thing which is worrying me is that terrorists have enough intelligence to know these things or many of their fellows are in Army!!!

The attack clearly shows how deeply embedded the TTP jihadis and their sympathizers are within our military apparatus. They obviously have insiders sharing info about certain strategic activities, as well as the officers carrying out specific roles.

Not terribly surprising considering the long-standing linkages between the army and its 'proxy assets'. However, the GHQ attack showed how frustrated the TTP and its sympathisers within the army have become.

The hope is that the military will continue its 'detox therapy' and continue to weed out reverse-indoctrinated elements from within its ranks. The SW operation will only help speed up that process.

^^By your formulae, the attack on FIA safe house in modle town and scientists in wah complex shows that they are also embeded in respective organisations.
Attack on major general Mushataq baig reflects that they are also embeded in doctors.
Attack on BB shows they are also embeded in PPP.
It is only politicians of Pakistan which will fly awy in case of trouble not army.

Who provide the finaces? it all started sine Pak currency has been devalued 1 year ago from 60 to 80 / dollar!
Clearly foreign money is involved and wepons are 100% american and indian.
I forgot to mention that all terrorists have safe hevans in Kabul, UK etc.

So far acts of TTP has proved that they are proxy asset of indians and US, not Pakistan.

^^By your formulae, the attack on FIA safe house in modle town and scientists in wah complex shows that they are also embeded in respective organisations.
Attack on major general Mushataq baig reflects that they are also embeded in doctors.
Attack on BB shows they are also embeded in PPP.
It is only politicians of Pakistan which will fly awy in case of trouble not army.

1. The attack on FIA, as well as the earlier assault on the ISI office in Lahore, shows TTP have collaborators within or affiliated with intelligence agencies. We all know the jihadis were nurtured by agencies for years. ******** like Khalid Khawaja are good examples of ex-intelligence officers wacked out of their minds.

2. Attack on Maj Gen Mustaq Baig was the handiwork of Aqeel aka Dr. Usman an ex-army person who had worked with Maj Gen Mushtaq!!

3. Attack on BB was the handiwork of BM militants in collaboration with their sympathisers within the military.

I would'nt be surprised at all if the attack on GHQ had support from insiders/ currently serving military personnel as well.

there may be taliban collaborators within all these institutions. but it is a fact that our security agencies have utterly failed to bust sleeper cells of terrorists in main cities. terrorists are carrying out attacks at their will in cities with no hindrance. we have a very easy and all-time-sell excuse to hide our weaknesses: to blame everything on India and US. if we continue with india bashing and do not focus on our weaknesses we will lose this war to terrorists.

Inna lillahi Wa Inna Ilaehi Rajioun.

He was NOT involved in the current operation. Brig. Moin was the head of UN mission in Sudan and was here on vacation.

It is not a loss of a capable officer and a capable jawan but it is also a loss to the future of Army leadership.

With the credentials of late Brig. Moin, next post for him was Major General.

May Allah accept their shahadats and bless their families with patience and strength.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom