What's new

BRICS expanded without Bangladesh

Hasina will recuperate and continue with election engineering.
@saif Bhai, Elias Hussein tar recent video the vinno kotha boleche vai. SE boleche ze most probably 30 October is deadline; although as usual he didn't confirm anything!

Btw , here is a news , I don't know if this portal is reliable or not! But in the era of yellow awami journalism, I think we can partially rely on meida that's not mainstream media BAL media!

And this video , he is referring a London based newspaper "Surma"!

Although don't agree with Indian green signal , but I liked this analysis!

BDs never thought it, Hasina and BAL did. It is our misfortune that the two are different
So now it's clear that Helen of Bangladesh lost her last hope! What say you?

Once BAL was popular party, but nowadays no one want them to stay in power, even many die hard BAL fans stopped supporting BAL!

So other than some idiots ( like @IndianLite aka @BananaRepublicUK) , I don't think anyone is optimistic about Helen of Bangladesh now! 🤔

Last edited:
Algeria is too close to Russia.

It is a good Idea to keep them out.
Its not about close to Russia its about our Economy system, It was predictable In the absence of a diversified economy, foreign direct investment, a completely obsolete banking system ... Algeria's candidacy was going to be rejected. , in fact this whole story of Algeria joining the BRICS was just a pipe dream

No need to be disheartened over non-inclusion in BRICS, Bangladesh already in NDB: Foreign Secretary

BANGLADESH

UNB
27 August, 2023, 08:55 pm
Last modified: 27 August, 2023, 09:07 pm

Masud Bin Momen said this is the first phase and Bangladesh hopes to be included in the next phase.
No need to be disheartened over non-inclusion in BRICS, Bangladesh already in NDB: Foreign Secretary

Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen on Sunday said there is no reason to be disheartened over Bangladesh not being included in the BRICS block of developing economies as it remains a part of the New Development Bank (NDB).

"There are many issues — political and regional, and there is the issue of maintaining balance," he told reporters while responding to a question.

The foreign secretary said if they look at the tangible outcome of BRICS over the last 15 years, only NDB is visible. "You can assess that. Since we remain a part of the NDB, there is no reason to feel disheartened."

Masud Bin Momen said this is the first phase and Bangladesh hopes to be included in the next phase. "In the meantime, we also got time to some extent."

He said there was an effort to make a geographical balance and there were more interested countries but they also did not get (BRICS) membership. "It's an ongoing process."

Iran, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Egypt and Ethiopia were the six countries invited to join the BRICS at the just concluded summit.

These countries are set to join BRICS from 1 January 2024, to make an 11-nation bloc.

The announcement came after two days of talks at the summit in Johannesburg involving Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Chinese President Xi Jinping and South African President Cyril Ramaphosa. Russian President Vladimir Putin participated in the discussions virtually.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina attended the BRICS Summit at the invitation of South African President Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa.

BRICS is a consensus-based organization that needs all members to agree on decisions.

The bloc was originally formed by Brazil, Russia, India and China in 2009 and South Africa joined in 2010.

BRICS currently represents around 40% of the world's population and more than a quarter of the world's GDP, with that is set to increase, according to AP.

BRICS has a stated aim to amplify the voice of the Global South. All five current members and dozens of developing countries represented at the recent summit repeatedly called for a fairer world order and the reform of international institutions like the United Nations, the IMF and the World Bank.

I don’t know why China is blocking Bangladesh’ membership to BRICS. China always had problems with Bangladesh. During the 1971 war, they had vetoed Bangladesh’ entry to the UN. Also, China refused to recognize Bangladesh till 1975.

We would really like it if China and Bangladesh get along well and resolve all their outstanding disputes through bilateral talks. We want all our neighbors to have peaceful relationships. 😁
China wants total surrender of economy like pakistan did, but bangladesh is a solid economy not depended on chinese loan as pakistan is , that is why china will not support bangladesh .

Everyone will reject the illegitimate ones: Khasru blames AL govt for BRICS' denial to Bangladesh

POLITICS

TBS Report
25 August, 2023, 03:00 pm
Last modified: 25 August, 2023, 09:55 pm

BNP leaders and activists on Friday gather in front of the party office in Nayapaltan to bring out a black flag procession. Photo: Joynal Abedin Shishir

BNP leaders and activists on Friday gather in front of the party office in Nayapaltan to bring out a black flag procession. Photo: Joynal Abedin Shishir

BNP Standing Committee Member Amir Khasru said BRICS' refusal to grant membership to Bangladesh serves as evidence that those without legitimacy face widespread rejection.

"Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, accompanied by her family, visited South Africa using taxpayers' money in pursuit of membership within BRICS. But did she achieve it?" Amir Khasru posed this question to the gathering in front of Shyamoli Ring Road in the capital on Friday (25 August).

Addressing Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, Amir Khasru said, "You (PM Sheikh Hasina's) will be rejected by everyone as the illegitimate ones encounter rejection everywhere."

He made this statement during a brief rally preceding the black flag procession organised by Dhaka Metropolitan North BNP.

Addressing the rally, another BNP Standing Committee Member Mirza Abbas said, "The actions of the Awami League government have resulted in more plundering than what British rulers and Pakistanis ever extracted from this nation. These perpetrators lack any trace of patriotism within them."

"Today, individuals with limited education are wielding power, using salaries funded by the public's money, to target opposition leaders and activists. These individuals are masquerading as agents of justice while engaging in a charade. They're subjecting opposition members to beatings and even death within prison walls. This group of inadequately educated individuals is driving our country toward disaster. Their allegiance lies not with our nation, but with the pursuit of wealth," he added.

Mirza Abbas further added, "When I stood up against the Pakistanis for our freedom, they unleashed gunfire upon Bengalis and assaulted us with batons. Today, the gunfire continues. Now it's the police playing this role. Firing upon their own fellow countrymen."

He continued, "We've been protesting against the persistent rise in the prices of essential commodities, as well as oil, gas, and electricity. But the government refuses to listen. Presently, a single egg costs Tk15. Their corruption has eroded the value of our currency. Individuals who placed their funds in banks are now receiving 14% less in returns due to this mismanagement. Today, even the electricity cards are being manipulated to siphon off hundreds of crores of takas. It's theft in every instance. If this administration isn't ousted, our citizens will suffer dire consequences, and our hard-won independence and sovereignty will be jeopardised."

Abbas further highlighted the intrusion of foreign powers into the nation's political affairs. Without explicitly mentioning names, he cautioned, "A certain nation suggests that this government will be needed again. I want to convey this: cultivate alliances with our country's people, not its government. The people of our land no longer recognise the legitimacy of elections under this administration. The vision of a voteless election will not be allowed to materialise."

BNP brought out the procession to press home the party's demands for the resignation of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and hold the election under a non-partisan government.

The Dhaka south city unit of BNP also brought out another procession at 3pm from the party central office in Nayapaltan on the same demands.

Photo: Joynal Abedin Shishir
" style="box-sizing: inherit; outline: currentcolor; cursor: pointer;">

Apart from BNP, Ganatantra Mancha, 12-party alliance, Jatiyatabadi Samamona Jote, LDP, Gonoforum and People's Party, Samamona Peshajibi Ganatantrik Jote, Gonotantrik Bam Oikya, Labour Party, NDM, Bangladesh Sadaran Chhatra Odhikar Sanrakshan Parishad, two factions of Gono Odhikar Parishad, AB Party, Janatar Odhikar Party and NDP observed the programme separately in different areas of the capital.

Meanwhile, additional members of law enforcement agencies have been deployed in the areas ahead of the rally. They are staying on alert to avoid any untoward incidents.

Earlier on 18 August, the BNP and like-minded parties brought mass processions in all metropolitan cities, including in the capital, to force the government to accept their demands.

In December last year, BNP and like-minded parties and alliances started a simultaneous movement based on their common objective of ousting the present government to pave the way for holding the next election under a non-party neutral government.

I don’t know why China is blocking Bangladesh’ membership to BRICS. China always had problems with Bangladesh. During the 1971 war, they had vetoed Bangladesh’ entry to the UN. Also, China refused to recognize Bangladesh till 1975.

We would really like it if China and Bangladesh get along well and resolve all their outstanding disputes through bilateral talks. We want all our neighbors to have peaceful relationships. 😁
What? Who told you that China does not support Bangladesh joining the BRICS?

China wants total surrender of economy like pakistan did, but bangladesh is a solid economy not depended on chinese loan as pakistan is , that is why china will not support bangladesh .
The Indians mean that China can tolerate India joining the BRICS. But China does not allow Bangladesh to join the BRICS?

Does anyone believe in Indians?

China can tolerate India join the BRICS. But China refuses Bangladesh to join the BRICS...??????

Indians are so brave in exposing their IQ levels.

I still suggest Indians buy some robots to clean their brains.

Last edited:
You guys need to read political science. Than you will know why there's so much tussle over which country gets in the BRICS.
I highly doubt India will oppose Bangladesh, especially when including Bangladesh in brics is in Indian interest.

Its simply that Bangladesh has less political benefit to China, India and Russia as compared to country included to balance out the internal politics of BRICS.

I'M sure bangladesh will get included in next expansion.

It's most absurd logic I've ever heard in my lifetime! You are truly an item mate!

However you know in Bangladesh, most of us have two names , one is real name whom we call "Bhalo nam" , and the other is nick name aka "Dak nam" .

So according to this his name is actually Golam Mawla!

Rony is just his nick name!

What's the name of Hasina's son? Sajib Wazed!

Nickname is joy!

People call him Sajib Wazed Joy!

Do you rely on him?

Absolutely not!

He is a twat.

But not a gangster like Tariq chora.

@saif Bhai, Elias Hussein tar recent video the vinno kotha boleche vai. SE boleche ze most probably 30 October is deadline; although as usual he didn't confirm anything!

Btw , here is a news , I don't know if this portal is reliable or not! But in the era of yellow awami journalism, I think we can partially rely on meida that's not mainstream media BAL media!

And this video , he is referring a London based newspaper "Surma"!

Although don't agree with Indian green signal , but I liked this analysis!

Brother, I want Bangladesh army to take over. We need to ban Awami league from politics once and for all. If we can ban Awami league then Indian influence in our politics will cease to exist. The only institution that has the guts to ban Awami league is the army. BNP can contest election once the army reintroduce caretaker govt. system again.

bdnews24-english%2F2023-08%2F9f4649e0-698d-4901-aa1d-4c7c6a95f966%2Fm_humayun_kabir_270823_06.jpg

Bangladesh

Bangladesh’s BRICS exclusion due to lack of multilateral diplomacy, says ambassador Humayun Kabir​

ByShoumik Hassin

Published:27th Aug, 2023 at 11:38 PM

Bangladesh’s exclusion from the list of six new members of BRICS – the bloc composed of developing countries that hopes to represent the Global South – was not a shock, but rather the result of inadequate efforts at multilateral diplomacy, says career diplomat M Humayun Kabir

“I'm not surprised,” he told bdnews24.com’s ‘Inside Out’. “But I had hoped based on the assurance or you can say positive soundings made by the Bangladesh foreign minister a few months back.”

“I'm not surprised because the countries that have come on board, you can see, all of them have a higher profile at the multilateral level than Bangladesh.”

bdnews24-english%2F2023-08%2Fb84435fc-eaea-47f6-a37f-ddcfc6a70640%2Fbrics_leaders_230823_01.jpg

The full video of the interview is available on bdnews24.com and its Facebook and YouTube pages.

When asked about why Ethiopia was added to the bloc despite its seemingly limited impact on global politics, he said: “We have to understand that the focus of this year's BRICS summit was building a partnership between BRICS and Africa, for multilateralism, inclusive multilateralism, and other kinds of partnership.”

“And since it was focused on Africa... you can see they have taken in Egypt, which is the second largest economy in Africa. It will be a gain by dint of its being the centre of attraction or centre of diplomatic activity in Africa, because AU, the African Union headquarters is based in Addis Ababa.”

“So when we just focused on Africa, African solidarity somehow came into play. And that's why we are seeing the two members have been taken in from Africa.”

Asked where Bangladesh had gone wrong in its approach, Humayun said: “Well, there are a lot of things. For example, one thing is that this is not a bilateral issue. This is an entire effort to enter into a multilateral process, and the multilateral process is quite intense.”

bdnews24-english%2F2023-08%2F6d705146-55dd-4aba-bd82-a12a08a3f268%2Fm_humayun_kabir_270823_04.jpg

“I think that while Bangladesh was aspiring to become a member of BRICS, it was a political choice or political decision. But any political decision of such magnitude has to be supported by intense or serious diplomatic negotiation or engagement with the potential members, or the five members, who are the present members of BRICS.”

There were other important players who could have been contacted to gain an advantage, but the former Bangladeshi ambassador to the US said it was not clear if the legwork had been done.

Another issue was international sanctions, he said.

“It also came out in the media that some members also proposed that the country should not run the risk of being identified or put under any kind of sanction,” he said.

Asked why Iran, which has faced many sanctions, was admitted to the grouping, the diplomat said that Iran is an oil-rich country with significant regional power and that played a role in bolstering its support.

The long-time diplomat said that it was important for Bangladesh to work concertedly on its most crucial foreign policy goals, which include the eradication of internal poverty.

bdnews24-english%2F2023-08%2F1930fa96-0ca3-4c4f-b20f-0dcd74ae10fe%2Fm_humayun_kabir_270823_07.jpg

“It's well understood that we are still struggling to overcome the burden of poverty. So that remains the major task for us.”

“So we have to work with our friends, international partners, development partners, to lift this category of people who are below the poverty line. So that's number one. Number two is, we are going into a situation in 2026.

Graduation means a lot of facilities that we used to get will go away. So, it means that we'll have to navigate in an uncertain environment.”

“I think it is time that, from now, on we should prepare for it and build up our capacity to navigate in that kind of competitive environment with higher productivity. And for that, I think we have to do a lot of reforms - the education system needs to be updated or upgraded, or the skill set needs to be upgraded.

Our institutional framework that is there needs to be modernised, our bureaucracy needs to be focused, our business community needs to be made more responsible.”

Humayun said he believed economic diplomacy would be the focus and maintaining economic momentum the top foreign policy priority of the Bangladesh government.

bdnews24-english%2F2023-08%2Fa236d7f6-747f-42e1-8ebe-8cde305d419e%2Fm_humayun_kabir_270823_05.jpg

The country should also enhance its profile by continuing to work on peacekeeping efforts alongside the UN, and on multilateral arrangements with many international agencies.
Another major concern is the continuing Rohingya crisis, Humayun said.

“One load that we have is the Rohingya issue. That's the problem, as it affects regional security and it is now becoming a domestic security issue for us. So we should intensify our diplomacy or intensify our diplomatic efforts to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.”

When his attention was drawn to the dwindling of international support for the Rohingya, he cited the war in Ukraine.

“Now, refugee crises are breaking out in other parts of the world, for example, the Ukrainian war has created a lot of refugees, and it's in Europe. So obviously, that is distracting or taking away some of the attention from the Rohingya issue.”

Bangladesh is only hosting the 1.1 refugees for the time being, but the international community must work on ensuring a peaceful, safe, and sustainable repatriation process through which they can return home to Myanmar with dignity as soon as possible, he said.

We should now make vigorous diplomatic efforts so that Bangladesh gets admission to BRICS in the next phase.

Brother, I want Bangladesh army to take over. We need to ban Awami league from politics once and for all. If we can ban Awami league then Indian influence in our politics will cease to exist. The only institution that has the guts to ban Awami league is the army. BNP can contest election once the army reintroduce caretaker govt. system again.
Bhai , ban korar dorkar ki? Automatically politically dead hoye zabe , like Muslim league after independence of Pakistan!

BNP without Zia family should be fine because of it's nationalist nature , also middle right political ideology!

Ziaur Rahman was a great man no doubt, but his family is totally opposite , and I would say even worse than Helen of Bangladesh ( Hasina) and her family.

I don't think we are going to see direct military takeover, rather pressure from behind may work much better!

Now let's wait and see few more days, and hope for the best!

Absolutely not!

He is a twat.

But not a gangster like Tariq chora.
But Tariq Chora doesn't have a nick name! And according to your own logic you should take him positively!

However I'm surprised that you still don't like your prince , the current prince of Bangladesh ; the only son of Helen of Bangladesh!

Last edited:
Bhai , ban korar dorkar ki? Automatically politically dead hoye zabe , like Muslim league after independence of Pakistan!

BNP without Zia family should be fine because of it's nationalist nature , also middle right political ideology!

Ziaur Rahman was a great man no doubt, but his family is totally opposite , and I would say even worse than Helen of Bangladesh ( Hasina) and her family.

I don't think we are going to see direct military takeover, rather pressure from behind may work much better!

Now let's wait and see few more days, and hope for the best!

But Tariq Chora doesn't have a nick name! And according to your own logic you should take him positively!

However I'm surprised that you still don't like your prince , the current prince of Bangladesh ; the only son of Helen of Bangladesh!

You Jamati types always project your own cult of personality on others.

Rest of us live a life that is based on science and empirical evidence.

If a law is stupid we will piss on it regardless of who people say made it!!!

We will not defend any laws based on a cult of personality!!!

AND NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM CRITICISM.

I MEAN NO ONE!!!

Brother, I want Bangladesh army to take over. We need to ban Awami league from politics once and for all.

Jamatis want to ban BAL. Oh! The wet dream!!

No wonder Hasina is working on another midnight election 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
You Jamati types always project your own cult of personality on others.

Rest of us live a life that is based on science and empirical evidence.

If a law is stupid we will piss on it regardless of who people say made it!!!

We will not defend any laws based on a cult of personality!!!

AND NO ONE IS EXEMPT FROM CRITICISM.

I MEAN NO ONE!!!
You always defended Hasina cult, so it's better if you clear your own house first!

And jamati type? So be it! At least it's better to be a jamati type than a BJP type like you!

Now keep dreaming of making the moon a Hindu state!

Jamatis want to ban BAL. Oh! The wet dream!!

No wonder Hasina is working on another midnight election 🤣🤣🤣
BAL shouldn't be banned , rather it will be sunk into oblivion!

However I won't be surprised if Hasina perform tauba and go to take Dua from Jama't leader again , like 1991!

Perhaps it's the only way left for BAL to survive! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom