What's new

BRICS expanded without Bangladesh

Great! But before the conference Bangladesh and Indonesia were two of the countries were to be added beside two other countries.

This is something what you are claiming are said after the conference. I do not know what happened behind the scene. Some addition of members are indeed a surprise.
I dont claim any thing, Jokowi said directly in our official President YT channel that Indonesia doesnt apply for BRICS membership.

You can google if you dont believe me, it is on the news as well.

Bangladesh will , someday. But Im very doubtful when it comes to pakistan. India definitely won't permit it. And admission of any member requires consensus among the 5 countries , if one county objects then the decision has to be put on the backburner
Both Bangladesh and India are unlikely to endorse Pakistan's entry into BRICS. Additionally, if Bangladesh were to join BRICS, the prospects of Pakistan's inclusion could become extremely remote. This could be a factor influencing China's reluctance to back Bangladesh's BRICS membership.

You are giving too much importance to Pakistan uniform wearing beggars. :lol:

Well it is still better than being a Street Dog of the West like our Army Generals. :lol:
Should Bangladesh become a member of BRICS, the likelihood of Pakistan gaining BRICS membership would significantly diminish. This is because currently, India is the sole opposing nation, but with Bangladesh's inclusion, both India and Bangladesh would collectively oppose Pakistan's entry into BRICS.

Thank you for the sensible post.

How does it benefit Pakistan by blocking Bangladesh's membership with BRICS?
Historical factors have consistently contributed to the hostility in Bangladesh-Pakistan relations. If Bangladesh were to become a member of BRICS, the task of including Pakistan in BRICS would likely become even more challenging.

I dont claim any thing, Jokowi said directly in our official President YT channel that Indonesia doesnt apply for BRICS membership.

You can google if you dont believe me, it is on the news as well.

That’s what is said after the conference. This is news from June, 23 that Indonesia is among the 29 countries who were looking for membership and Bangladeshi FM Momen also mentioned about Indonesia beside Bangladesh and total 8 countries to be included in BRICS this august.

An array of 29 countries, including Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Comoros, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe, are presently vying for BRICS membership.

During a press conference on Monday, AK Abdul Momen, the foreign minister of Bangladesh, expressed that if a formal invitation were extended to their South Asian nation, Bangladesh would embrace the opportunity to join the BRICS group. “We will surely join once they invite us. We are yet to receive any formal letter [inviting us to join]. The BRICS leaders are thinking of taking some emerging economies – around eight new countries including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, and Bangladesh,” Momen told reporters on Monday.

During his visit to Geneva, AK Abdul Momen dropped subtle hints that Bangladesh would soon become a member of the esteemed BRICS bloc, with an expected entry in August.
According to regional reports from the Dhaka Tribune, a formal request to join the alliance was “put forward” following a meeting between prime minister Sheikh Hasina and South African president Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa last Wednesday. The Tribune also references an undisclosed source who revealed the nature of their discussions.

Just curious did Indonesia recently took some step against China, India or Russia like making comments on Uyghurs or Kashmir issue, South China Sea dispute or any position taken at the Russia Ukraine war? In those cases it may explain the reason of the exclusion regardless what the Indonesian President has said after the conference.

That’s what is said after the conference. This is news from June, 23 that Indonesia is among the 29 countries who were looking for membership and Bangladeshi FM Momen also mentioned about Indonesia beside Bangladesh and total 8 countries to be included in BRICS this august.

An array of 29 countries, including Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Comoros, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sudan, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe, are presently vying for BRICS membership.

During a press conference on Monday, AK Abdul Momen, the foreign minister of Bangladesh, expressed that if a formal invitation were extended to their South Asian nation, Bangladesh would embrace the opportunity to join the BRICS group. “We will surely join once they invite us. We are yet to receive any formal letter [inviting us to join]. The BRICS leaders are thinking of taking some emerging economies – around eight new countries including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Indonesia, and Bangladesh,” Momen told reporters on Monday.

During his visit to Geneva, AK Abdul Momen dropped subtle hints that Bangladesh would soon become a member of the esteemed BRICS bloc, with an expected entry in August.
According to regional reports from the Dhaka Tribune, a formal request to join the alliance was “put forward” following a meeting between prime minister Sheikh Hasina and South African president Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa last Wednesday. The Tribune also references an undisclosed source who revealed the nature of their discussions.

Just curious did Indonesia recently took some step against China, India or Russia like making comments on Uyghurs or Kashmir issue, South China Sea dispute or any position taken at the Russia Ukraine war? In those cases it may explain the reason of the exclusion regardless what the Indonesian President has said after the conference.

There are news with good source coming from the person in charge and there is news like you have shown coming from your own politician, Moment, talking about Indonesian leader intention.

If you want to believe with your FM, that is your own problem. The truth is that any country should apply for membership before being included and Indonesia never apply for BRICS membership until now.

Current leadership seems take careful measures to join BRICS as we have good relation with Western countries and also Japanese and Korean too. Indonesia I believe want to focus on empowering ASEAN. ASEAN summit in Jakarta in next September will also be attended with around 29 countries that will include USA, China, Russia, France, Japan, Britain, Canada, India etc.

More over, there are promise from US and Japan on funding for renewable investment for Indonesia about 20 billion USD pledged during G20 event in Bali.

Beside there are some pro BRICS opinion inside our leadership, there are also some strong opinion inside our leadership that saying joining BRICS at this moment is not a wise thing to do and our President look like taking that advise.

In my opinion, BRICS with current members (including the new ones) are already powerful enough if they really want to execute their plan. Indonesia IMO should be reaching more on our own Islamic club, OIC. Improving unity among OIC and funding Islamic Development Bank should be our priority, currently Indonesia has already become the third biggest stake holder in IDB after our Finance Minister put more money on the bank. More over, there are already 4 Muslim countries in BRICS, so OIC has already had a good representation there.

Last edited:
BDs focus really should be RCEP, its literally on our doorstep and will give us access to the most lucrative trading block in the region.

Brics is a disparate group of countries that is slowly forming a vision with the Brics bank being the first thing to which we have joined. Unless it forms an economic and monetary union what advantage does it give at this stage.

RCEP will give us access to Asean which has been the prize for a long time of our look east policy. We should focus on that.

I think perception is growing that failure to get into Brics is a monumental failure for hasina. Its bad in the short term for BD but great in the long term if it damages BAL. Lesson to be learnt...never trust hindutva turds.
There are news with good source coming from the person in charge and there is news like you have shown coming from your own politician, Moment, talking about Indonesian leader intention.

If you want to believe with your FM, that is your own problem. The truth is that any country should apply for membership before being included and Indonesia never apply for BRICS membership until now.

Current leadership seems take careful measures to join BRICS as we have good relation with Western countries and also Japanese and Korean too. Indonesia I believe want to focus on empowering ASEAN. ASEAN summit in Jakarta in next September will also be attended with around 29 countries that will include USA, China, Russia, France, Japan, Britain, Canada, India etc.

More over, there are promise from US and Japan on funding for renewable investment for Indonesia about 20 billion USD pledged during G20 event in Bali.

Beside there are some pro BRICS opinion inside our leadership, there are also some strong opinion inside our leadership that saying joining BRICS at this moment is not a wise thing to do and our President look like taking that advise.

In my opinion, BRICS with current members (including the new ones) are already powerful enough if they really want to execute their plan. Indonesia IMO should be reaching more on our own Islamic club, OIC. Improving unity among OIC and funding Islamic Development Bank should be our priority, currently Indonesia has already become the third biggest stake holder in IDB after our Finance Minister put more money on the bank. More over, there are already 4 Muslim countries in BRICS, so OIC has already had a good representation there.

I don't understand why Bangladeshis thought they could trust these mushreek-mala'uun in the first place.

I don't understand why Bangladeshis thought they could trust these mushreek-mala'uun in the first place.

India was not approached at all rather they relied too my on South African president’s, Chinese FM and Ambassador’s assurance.

India not liking Bangladesh approached to BRICS without consulting India and with the help of China which is likely the main reason why this veto we are seeing here.

Definitely we do not see any reason to believe or trust India as well.

Very sad to see China not pushing BD's case.

Ethiopia was inducted to balance out Egypt.

Iran was inducted to balance out KSA & UAE

Argentina was inducted to balance out Brazil.

So why was Bangladesh not inducted to balance out India?

Not sure what you smoke Brazil was the primary supporter of Argentina

BRICS expanded without Bangladesh? Wow.
I can't imagine anything expanded without the support of almighty Bangladesh.

BRICS expanded without Bangladesh? Wow.
I can't imagine anything expanded without the support of almighty Bangladesh.

Looks like Indonesia and BD backed out from joining BRICS.

US democracy warming to Hasina seems to have done the trick.

@Indos already confirmed that Indonesia is in wait and watch mode. So they are not ready to take the risk of joining BRICS at this time.

Even KSA which has the invitation seems to be backing out from joining BRICS.

BRICS is dead on arrival.

Looks like Indonesia and BD backed out from joining BRICS.

US democracy warming to Hasina seems to have done the trick.

@Indos already confirmed that Indonesia is in wait and watch mode. So they are not ready to take the risk of joining BRICS at this time.

Even KSA which has the invitation seems to be backing out from joining BRICS.

BRICS is dead on arrival.

BRICS will never rival EU or NATO as a Muhajir neo-liberal propagated to me on social media. EU is geographically and culturally intact.

A lot of countries joining BRICS are undeveloped besides China & the Russian Federation. Brazil is low middle income and the Russian Federation is middle income.

South Africa is low middle income. India is, well...we know...

Anybody who has a surname of Rony - cannot be taken seriously
It's most absurd logic I've ever heard in my lifetime! You are truly an item mate!

However you know in Bangladesh, most of us have two names , one is real name whom we call "Bhalo nam" , and the other is nick name aka "Dak nam" .

So according to this his name is actually Golam Mawla!

Rony is just his nick name!

What's the name of Hasina's son? Sajib Wazed!

Nickname is joy!

People call him Sajib Wazed Joy!

Do you rely on him?

Back
Top Bottom