What's new

Breaking: Search Operation at 90

MQM ratings just went up by a significant percentage. When will the other HQ's be raided, if ever?

And i don't buy the argument that this will be a step by step process and PPP will be targeted afterwards.
Zardari wouldn't have agreed to the extension of Rangers presence without getting solid assurances !

Then you actually understand politics, my friend, as opposed to many in delusions of a fair operation against everybody.

No I really don't know what happened in '92 - I've heard everything from crime reduced greatly to innocent people being killed....whats the truth ? Maybe somewhere in the middle. My own relatives in Karachi - Urdu speakers and Punjabis who've become Urdu speakers for all intents and purposes - told me that excesses were committed but street crime, bhataa khoriii and organized crime that was associated with MQM was also greatly reduced and then later on the police officers who were involved were selectively killed by MQM.

well @Secur can help you in that ...
or maybe @Gazi @KURUMAYA ...

Did Zardari tell PPP Jiyalaas to go to Clifton and take Commando training or anything remotely of the sort ? His idiotic statements have been directed against the Army but neither his nor that of IK or even Noora advocating violence against the Armed forces - They've usually been false bravado !

Ary bhai ? kon si training ? Training center kahan hai ? Agencies soo rahi thi itne saalon se ? yaar kuch tu common sense use karo na ...
and you never know that Zardari giving training in interior sindh to his jiyaalay ? have you visit Gohtki ? or other parts of Sindh where Daakoo raaaj ?
Nawaz has attack SC , enough said ... his minister abuse Army , and yeah Zardari , Hussain Haqqani , memo gate ... remember ?? :D

When was the last time IK told anyone that a Bori was waiting for him ?

no he did .. but what about Civil Naafarmai movement ? :D and what about his conversation with MQM minister to attack PTV ?

When was the last time Noora told anyone threaten his political opponents, journalists and the army with violence ?

who killed Saleem Shezad ? who attacked Hamid Mir ? MQM ? ?
Yaaar abbb aisiii bhi ziyadtii na karoo that you're equating Altaf Bhai's statements with the statements issued by IK, Zardari or Noora !

Janab i am not comparing , jo galat hai woh galat hai ... jaise Islam mai Chori ki punishment hath katna hai , tu ager ap 1 lac rupee chori karo ya 1000 rupee saza ek hi hai , justice is same for Khalifa and a common man :)

correction jo logon nay jok dar jok on gun ki nok dar nok par 90 ja kar jama karwaya tha

Agar rangers ka operation hotay huye logon ne gun ki nok par jama karwaya hai tau lanat hai iss operation par :lol:

Allama Iqbal ka shaer hai:

Jis khait se moyesar na ho dehkan ko roti.....
Us khait kay khosha-e-gandum ko jala do..

Ab iss shaer ko apni kahi baat k tanazur mai dekh lo :p:

Agar rangers ka operation hotay huye logon ne gun ki nok par jama karwaya hai tau lanat hai iss operation par :lol:

Allama Iqbal ka shaer hai:

Jis khait se moyesar na ho dehkan ko roti.....
Us khait kay khosha-e-gandum ko jala do..

Ab iss shaer ko apni kahi baat k tanazur mai dekh lo :p:

i used the word tha .here i will give you an example tomorrow on Saturday people will say 90 par chapa par tha not hay

What is URDU speaking BS!
Urdu is our national langauge. Every Pakistani is Urdu speaking. Kya baqwas lagayee hoyee hey Urdu speakingg urdu speakinggg
I am a Pakistani from Punjab and I have spoken urdu for most part of my life....I suggest this URDU speakinggg term should be banned in Pakistan

What is Mohajir BS??
Every pakistanis forefathers is a mohajir. We were all mohajirs on 14th August 1947 but since that day we are Pakistanis not mohajirs. This Mohajir term shouls be banned in Pakistan too

well @Secur can help you in that ...
or maybe @Gazi @KURUMAYA ...

Oyeiii @Secur ko bolaooo abhiii ! :fie:

Ary bhai ? kon si training ? Training center kahan hai ? Agencies soo rahi thi itne saalon se ? yaar kuch tu common sense use karo na ...
and you never know that Zardari giving training in interior sindh to his jiyaalay ? have you visit Gohtki ? or other parts of Sindh where Daakoo raaaj ?
Nawaz has attack SC , enough said ... his minister abuse Army , and yeah Zardari , Hussain Haqqani , memo gate ... remember ?? :D

I am not talking about the statements that were made not whether they were true or not and why the reaction came. The other political leaders that you mentioned haven't made such statements - Abusing the Army does not equal an Incitement to Violence against the Army - Yeh baaat samajhneiii key kooshish kar !

who killed Saleem Shezad ? who attacked Hamid Mir ? MQM ? ?

Probably the same kind of people who shot at the Ismaili bus and were involved in killing Sabeen !

Chalo butt sahab isi baat pe Lahore se famous Cham Cham tu bhej do :D
mun metha ker len :D
Waise bhi Altaf bhai ki statement ne Dil tu Khaatta ker hi diya hai

Waisee meraa dil nahin khatta hotaaa....I actually enjoy Altaf Bhai's statements especially when he decides to sing ! :D

I am not talking about the statements that were made not whether they were true or not and why the reaction came. The other political leaders that you mentioned haven't made such statements - Abusing the Army does not equal an Incitement to Violence against the Army - Yeh baaat samajhneiii key kooshish kar !

bhai mai AH ki Statement ko justify nai ker raha ..mera point hai , har politician ne apni " Saadat ke Mutabiq " army ko galiyan di hai ... is it right or wrong ??

Waisee meraa dil nahin khatta hotaaa....I actually enjoy Altaf Bhai's statements especially when he decides to sing ! :D

yaar humara tu hota hai ... AH jaise ******** Army ki izaat uchale acha nai lagta ...
apas mai ikhtilaafat tu hai lakain bhai Army se sab hi pyar aur respect kerte hai ..

humara tu dil khatta ho gaya hai ab ... Mehmood Sweets se Cham Cham khaani pare gi

bhai mai AH ki Statement ko justify nai ker raha ..mera point hai , har politician ne apni " Saadat ke Mutabiq " army ko galiyan di hai ... is it right or wrong ??

Oh bhai statements key noyat (nature) bhi tou deekho - Eik incitement to violence hai aur doosrii kiya hai 'General ka pishaab nikaal jataa haiii agar 20,000 bandaa roads par aa jaiii - IK' - Donoon mein zameen aasmaan ka farq haiii....and thats why the reaction is different !

yaar humara tu hota hai ... AH jaise ******** Army ki izaat uchale acha nai lagta ...
apas mai ikhtilaafat tu hai lakain bhai Army se sab hi pyar aur respect kerte hai ..

humara tu dil khatta ho gaya hai ab ... Mehmood Sweets se Cham Cham khaani pare gi

Nahin janaab aap pehleiii bohat moooteiii hain ! :whistle:

So no sweets for you ! :tsk:

No I really don't know what happened in '92 - I've heard everything from crime reduced greatly to innocent people being killed....whats the truth ? Maybe somewhere in the middle. My own relatives in Karachi - Urdu speakers and Punjabis who've become Urdu speakers for all intents and purposes - told me that excesses were committed but street crime, bhataa khoriii and organized crime that was associated with MQM was also greatly reduced and then later on the police officers who were involved were selectively killed by MQM.

True. But everyone else (not associated with MQM bore the blunt of operation too and you can guess who) and the result: today the political party doesn't need to ask for votes, even the very firm opposers of its policies and the chief find themselves compelled to vote for them since they remember the treatment meted out to the ethnic group during Operation Cleanup. Neither Rawalpindi nor Islamabad ever had anyone far sighted, objective and rational, in my opinion, hence the FUBAR state of Pakistan.

Read: The conflict between the MQM and the Pakistani state dates back to 1992's "Operation Clean-up," a government- initiated military operation, ostensibly aimed at cracking down on all "terrorist" and "criminal" elements in Sind, but which effectively became a witch hunt against the MQM. The MQM's charismatic albeit autocratic leader, Altaf Hussain, was forced into exile, and the party which had dominated Karachi politics since its founding in 1984 was forced underground. While sporadic ethnic and sectarian violence had been a permanent feature of the Karachi landscape since 1992, the intensity and organized nature of the 1995 round of conflict was entirely different. Analysts began to compare the situation in Karachi to the insurrection in Kashmir as the death toll during the months of June and July peaked at over 600 people, marking only the beginning of months of carnage that were to follow.

In its attempts to exterminate the militant core of the MQM, the state resorted to a calculated policy of collective punishment — massive pre-dawn "siege-and-search" operations and house-to-house searches that led to the illegal arrest and detentions of over 75,000 men between the ages of 12 and 50. Most of these men, often innocent relatives or friends of MQM activists, were blindfolded with their own shirts, paraded down to the local police station, and tortured or beaten until their families paid an extraction fee for their release. The state's counterinsurgency measures also included outright murder — in the daily newspaper reports of the deaths of MQM militants, "killed in police encounters" became an accepted euphemism for blatant extra-judicial killings. As Karachi's citizens endured conditions of unprecedented terror and harassment, the growing economic crisis was aggravated by MQM's calls for general strikes — 25 in 1995 alone — paralyzing the city at a cost of one billion rupees a day.

In the months that followed, the MQM Party was crushed — its workers arrested or forced underground, their families brutalized. An army press campaign against the MQM "exposed" MQM torture chambers, and stories of rape and extortion flooded the front pages. That half of these stories were true made the exaggerated and fabricated claims all the more believable. Despite military backing the dissident group, known as the "real" or Haqiqi faction of the MQM, failed to gain any following at all. Since the Muhajir community as a whole bore the brunt of a program of systematic intimidation and harassment by the state, even those Muhajirs who had previously not supported the MQM, or did not believed in the politicization of their Muhajir identity, now felt that they had no choice but to support Altaf's MQM. The Battlefields of Karachi: Ethnicity, Violence and the State

You want people to remember Pakistan army and Punjab rangers with respect even after what they did? They won't, its latched too deep in their memory. Make sense of it, like psychology's idea of its all in the childhood, much of what you see now in severe opposition to law enforcers (even they do good) comes from that time period. Mistakes made by excessive (and illegal) use of power aren't rectified by further use of force, the top brass doesn't seem to understand that.

P.S If you want to know whether peace was restored after that operation, look at what kept happening in Karachi in 1995-96.

Bad news for left aur right walay , jamhori aur gair jamhori terrorists //Anchor person Dr Danish tweeted//

CKElyDZUEAA6qKU.jpg

execution of culprits would be finalized ......

@Leader @Jazzbot @chauvunist @RangerPK @Jzaib @Zarvan

Back
Top Bottom